• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's Federal Government failure on coronavirus

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Fuck this shit
A president has the power to do a lot of that shit. Told us? We need a president to lead and do shit not talk because talk is cheap.
A problem with Democrats? He's the fucking president.
I’m just gonna KEEP TYPING THIS for the ignorant

When Trump talks about America first, the Dems call him a dangerous racist threat. When he ships PPEs to China and other countries back in February, the Dems call him an idiot for jeopardizing American lives. Your constant self-centered contradictions and politically motivated attacks are dizzying.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
It is funny how the blame game works. Almost half of the cases/deaths are in NYC. Cuomo has gotten nothing but praise yet he could have implemented things sooner on a local level. He could have suspended mass transit sooner, prevented public gatherings sooner.
Yup
“BuT CuoMo AtE spaGhetti aND meatbALlS!!”

The media and the Dems are the ones politicizing this virus and deaths.
Some are even suggesting campaign ads blaming Trump for deaths! It’s outrageous.

The losers on the left are in for a rude awakening when Trump continues to be their president starting next year

“No wAy! BidEn’S gOt a grEat ChaNce!”

Who? Ok hahaha Keep telling yourself that

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
It is funny how the blame game works. Almost half of the cases/deaths are in NYC. Cuomo has gotten nothing but praise yet he could have implemented things sooner on a local level. He could have suspended mass transit sooner, prevented public gatherings sooner.
Oh I have to add why this is so true
- Because Cuomo was quick to blame Trump and the Feds. His impassioned blaming of others diverted attention away from his own gaffs.
It’s all political slight of hand! Shift attention elsewhere. Dems are MASTERS of that tactic. Masters.

Cuomo sucks

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Oh I have to add why this is so true
- Because Cuomo was quick to blame Trump and the Feds. His impassioned blaming of others diverted attention away from his own gaffs.
It’s all political slight of hand! Shift attention elsewhere. Dems are MASTERS of that tactic. Masters.

Cuomo sucks
He is a part of the same cabal of teet suckers. They know what they are doing.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Of course they are. He didn’t take it seriously enough and downplayed it at the federal level.
So does that mean you blame the UK? Because they have a fifth less equipment than the USA?
Do you blame Italy? Do you blame Cuomo being they got the worst of it? This is the United States. Everything’s done at the local level, smartass . Governors and mayors. Cuomo could’ve stopped transportation sooner

you seem blind

your self-centered hypocrisy is disgusting. Go look in the mirror.

better yet leave these message boards because you will probably be banned pretty soon

Last edited:

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
So does that mean you blame the UK? Because they have a fifth less equipment than the USA?
Do you blame Italy? Do you blame Cuomo being they got the worst of it? This is the United States. Everything’s done at the local level, smartass . Governors and mayors. Cuomo could’ve stopped transportation sooner

you seem blind

your self-centered hypocrisy is disgusting. Go look in the mirror.

better yet leave these message boards because you will probably be banned pretty soon
There are countries that locked down fast enough and did everything they could to procure supplies and countries that didn't & had leaders who downplayed it like Bolsonaro, Trump & Boris. & if you get banned for criticizing the president on this board that's hilarious.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
There are countries that locked down fast enough and did everything they could to procure supplies and countries that didn't & had leaders who downplayed it like Bolsonaro, Trump & Boris. & if you get banned for criticizing the president on this board that's hilarious.
No one is talking about criticizing the president. I’m talking about people like you spreading bullshit. Might as well just come out and say that “Clinton is in the KKK” or “Bush is an alien from Mars!”
You can’t just make up your own bullshit and pass it off as fact

you’re entitled to your own shitty opinions, but not your own facts

Reactions: HeresJohnny

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
No one is talking about criticizing the president. I’m talking about people like you spreading bullshit. Might as well just come out and say that “Clinton is in the KKK” or “Bush is an alien from Mars!”
You can’t just make up your own bullshit and pass it off as fact

you’re entitled to your own shitty opinions, but not your own facts
But nothing about him cutting the pandemic team, misleading information like Chloroquine Phosphate in briefings, or outbidding states that need it for equipment is bullshit.

• LOL

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
You have 3, close to 4 years of Trump as president...you haven't seen how he operates?
You do realize he said he didn't get rid of the pandemic team when he did?
You don't get it? This is what tons of people's been telling it like it is, for years.
This motherfucker just lies.
He did not get rid of the pandemic team. Boy that lie is hard to squash.

In May 2018, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, the senior director of global health and biodefense on the National Security Council, left the administration. He was in charge of the U.S. response to pandemics.

After Ziemer’s departure, the global health team was reorganized as part of an effort by then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. Meanwhile, Tom Bossert, a homeland security adviser who recommended strong defenses against disease, left shortly after Bolton arrived.

The White House didn’t replace either White House official or his team. Instead, Trump looked within his administration to fill roles for the coronavirus response.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's starting to feel like online denizens are finally venturing outside of their Facebook / Twitter bubbles only to discover the "intelligence" they borrowed from CNN and MSNBC isn't paying off like they hoped. What was once a scathing zinger against Deplorable Aunt Cathy and Flyover Country Samuel is -- shockingly! -- a dud when used in the wider internet world.

What an embarrassing feeling that must be. Might even be so strong of a sensation that they deny it's happening.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
This literally says the positions wasn't filled of those who left
Did you read the last sentence I quoted?

The White House didn’t replace either White House official or his team. Instead, Trump looked within his administration to fill roles for the coronavirus response.

Instead of bringing someone else in, he moved those responsibilities to others already within the administration.

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
Did you read the last sentence I quoted?

Instead of bringing someone else in, he moved those responsibilities to others already within the administration.
That’s not a good thing. Instead of having a dedicated team or bringing the qualified people who already had that job back, he moved job titles around in his admin. & what was the gap between him having the task force leave and creating his own?

• LOL

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
That’s not a good thing. Instead of having a dedicated team or bringing the qualified people who already had that job back, he moved job titles around in his admin. & what was the gap between him having the task force leave and creating his own?
You realize that Dr. Fauci and plenty of other doctors throughout the military, etc., are on that task force, right?

My goodness, you are either intellectually dishonest, retarded, or both.

He's not slapping in interns, you fucking clown. 🤡:messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
You realize that Dr. Fauci and plenty of other doctors throughout the military, etc., are on that task force, right?

My goodness, you are either intellectually dishonest, retarded, or both.

He's not slapping in interns, you fucking clown. 🤡:messenger_ok:
Exactly
Excellent point
Dr Fauci and Dr Birx are two of the most intelligent people you’d ever meet.

Oh! Oh oh! Annnnd they worked for Obama!!

Oohhhh does that change things for the ffffffuckin thick skulled fffuckin Democrats!!?!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Oner and DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Or yours. But I think it's more effective to hold the President to a higher standard than a random forum posting civilian.
Nobody is stopping you from staying home, that's his point.

Do better, humans.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
On that Pandemic Response Team, I do wonder if people truly think it would have made a big difference or they just want a gotcha against Trump.

The kind of response we are seeing to this pandemic is already unprecedented. Like, no one alive has seen anything like this before. It's truly "novel" just like the virus itself. Why do we think that having had a pandemic response team would have dramatically changed the federal government's response, when just about no other government in the world took proactive measures to combat this thing on the scale we're seeing now and we had the WHO doing damage control for China and downplaying the severity throughout January?

Last edited:

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Regardless if your a Trump supporter or democrat, this shit is about to turn into The Hunger Games if financial relief doesn't come soon the poor. Unemployment systems are bogged down in most states and most still can't claim.

Who knows when the measly $1,200 will arrive. Everybody is trying to get jobs at grocery stores. If shit doesn't change soon then it's going to get real sketchy in the U.S real soon. People are running out of money fast.

Reactions: MrMephistoX

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Regardless if your a Trump supporter or democrat, this shit is about to turn into The Hunger Games if financial relief doesn't come soon the poor. Unemployment systems are bogged down in most states and most still can't claim.

Who knows when the measly $1,200 will arrive. Everybody is trying to get jobs at grocery stores. If shit doesn't change soon then it's going to get real sketchy in the U.S real soon. People are running out of money fast.
Thanks China.

Reactions: UncleMeat

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Maybe you should read the words of the last director.

This whole the team got disbanded BS came from the director that left in 2017. The guy that left after her isspeaking in the linked article. Its odd thatpeople are choosing to rely on someone who had left 3 years ago instead of her replacement on things that occurred after she left.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

This whole the team got disbanded BS came from the director that left in 2017. The guy that left after her isspeaking in the linked article. Its odd thatpeople are choosing to rely on someone who had left 3 years ago instead of her replacement on things that occurred after she left.
Gotta push the AEN, comrade!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Its odd thatpeople are choosing to rely on someone who had left 3 years ago instead of her replacement on things that occurred after she left.
Hey, what's odd about a user hitting 50 posts then making a beeline to Politics board to repeat lies that have been debunked on this board and -- nay! -- even earlier in this very thread?

Conspiracy much?!?

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007

I fully agree and suspected this would happen since late February when social distancing/business closure talk began in earnest. I hope I'm wrong. I still bought a gun just in case.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006

It's amazing how any time this truth gets pointed out, the people screaming about Trump dissolving a pandemic "team" never come back.

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019

People are relying on the president literally saying he didn't need them and got rid of them in 2018, claiming he can get them back anytime but instead assembling a new team, which has been largely ineffective. The the U.S. based crisis response team hasn't been restored.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
People are relying on the president literally saying he didn't need them and got rid of them in 2018, claiming he can get them back anytime but instead assembling a new team, which has been largely ineffective. The the U.S. based crisis response team hasn't been restored.
Because it was never dissolved. Did you not read the article I linked?

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled
The least you can do here is read the things people link to attempt to educate you on topics.

Last edited:

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
Because it was never dissolved. Did you not read the article I linked?

The least you can do here is read the things people link to attempt to educate you on topics.
Did the President say he got rid of the team and didn't need them?

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
I fully agree and suspected this would happen since late February when social distancing/business closure talk began in earnest. I hope I'm wrong. I still bought a gun just in case.
Shit man, even with Mnuchkin money coming even I might have to start to selling my body on the streets or some shit soon.

I need some Sicilian mobsters or some shit to bail me out like what's going on in Italy, fuck it I'll owe the mob a favor.

Reactions: Zefah

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019

summing this up,

There’s I nadequate testing, so numbers are skewed to look bad.

There is an Inadequate actual number of cases since most people only get mild symptoms.

Say 100 people have X disease. Only 5 have been tested and those 5 died, you’d flip out right? You’d panic, right?

But if you learned that the other 95 had it and lived fine... then what? You would not panic!

Right now we are only seeing the fucking 5s Because of INADEQUATE TESTING AND A MILDLY SYMPOMATIC MAJORITY

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Nah Fam.

Seeing hospitals overcrowd and people dying is what shook everybody.

COVID 19 wouldn't be a big problem if we could tell it to only infect a certain amount of people each month, but we can't tell the virus that. So instead of spreading out a virus that is maybe 6x more deadly then the flu, we get ass fucked by it in a condensed time frame.

darkestdame

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
I don't care what he says. I care what actually happened, and so should you. What actually happens is what has an effect on the outcome. What he says, if it didn't happen, has much less.
It's always interesting to see when we can trust his word and when we can't. And I'm focusing on what actually happened as well, as well as statements from officials.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Nah Fam.

Seeing hospitals overcrowd and people dying is what shook everybody.

COVID 19 wouldn't be a big problem if we could tell it to only infect a certain amount of people each month, but we can't tell the virus that. So instead of spreading out a virus that is maybe 6x more deadly then the flu, we get ass fucked by it in a condensed time frame.
IDK, tbh a nation full of pissed off individuals armed to the teeth that are broke and feel trapped is more scary than the virus if you think about.

I mean yeah I have guns but so do they and I'm only 1 person. I think we went too far in shutting everything down without thinking of the consequences. Doing so coupled with a slow response in government financial aid is going to lead to a civil unrest disaster.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Didn't know about that Pelosi part...

No social distancing, everyone crowded together, but I guess its Trumps fault he didn't improse draconian laws onto people back in Feburary?

Why wasn't Pelosi practacing social distancing back then?

But you know what, I think Pelosi was probably pretty fine back in the day. If she wasn't a crazy old cat lady I wouldn't mind going for a romp.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
No social distancing, everyone crowded together, but I guess its Trumps fault he didn't improse draconian laws onto people back in Feburary?

Why wasn't Pelosi practacing social distancing back then?

But you know what, I think Pelosi was probably pretty fine back in the day. If she wasn't a crazy old cat lady I wouldn't mind going for a romp.
Washington was one of the states that acted the fastest, and my company (as well as others in the area like Microsoft and Amazon) didn't start asking people to work from home until the beginning of March, and that was before even Jay Inslee had done anything on the state level.

Reactions: cryptoadam

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
The point is, this topic was created by Arkage, a poster known to set the cart before the horse on all things Trump related. If you can damn the President for this, then all those fingers being unused, can also be pointed at the rest of Congress in opposition to Trump.

Which helps no one, and doesn't help the U.S. through this crisis. It's pretty terrible to be divisive in this situation, but here we are four years later, same dance, different song.

Of note, Arkage has been absent from his topic, but that is how he rolls.