• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Trumps impeachment team resigns a week before senate trial

Ascend

Jul 23, 2018
If all you're worried about is Trump, you don't really care about the US, considering the majority of people are not Trump supporters.
Firstly, all the replies I received were LGBT focused. I asked for a list of other presidents. That alone is enough evidence that I care about more things than just Trump.

Secondly, I am not even a US citizen. So... I have less of a stake in pretty much everything regarding US politics compared to US citizens.

Lastly, if you think the media is on your side as a citizen, you're dreaming. And the media has been trashing Trump constantly. Yet, one negative article about Biden comes out, and social media platforms sweep it under the rug by deleting posts that share it.

Reactions: RedCarp04
Jan 10, 2021
scared stan marsh GIF by South Park

Redlight

Feb 5, 2014
Firstly, all the replies I received were LGBT focused. I asked for a list of other presidents. That alone is enough evidence that I care about more things than just Trump.

Secondly, I am not even a US citizen. So... I have less of a stake in pretty much everything regarding US politics compared to US citizens.

Lastly, if you think the media is on your side as a citizen, you're dreaming. And the media has been trashing Trump constantly. Yet, one negative article about Biden comes out, and social media platforms sweep it under the rug by deleting posts that share it.
You asked for examples of things that Trump's administration had done that were negative for the LGBT community and were given one.

Instead of addressing that example you simply asked for another list. Is Onionsnake supposed to run around futilely compiling lists for you? Lists of things that you will just shrug off as you move the goalposts again?

Incredibly, you then suggested that Onionsnake 'doesn't care about the US' because not everyone is gay.

That would be a contender for top-ten stupidest comments I've seen on the internet.

Feb 3, 2015

Trump found a new team.

“The new lawyers are not without controversy. David Schoen represented Roger Stone, who was convicted in November 2019 of obstructing a congressional investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election, and then had his prison sentence commuted by Trump.

The Atlanta-based lawyer also met with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein when the financier was preparing for trial in New York on charges relating to sexual exploitation and shortly before Epstein died in jail in 2019.

Bruce Castor is a former acting attorney general of Pennsylvania and a prominent Republican who has been slammed by advocates for victims of sexual crimes because of his stance against reforms involving help for past victims of Catholic priests and in the case of university football coach and predator Jerry Sandusky.

And Castor gained notoriety for declining to prosecute Bill Cosby more than a decade before the entertainer was eventually convicted in 2018, and also sued Cosby’s victim, Andrea Constand, in a case that was dismissed, and then was sued by Constand for defamation, which was settled.”

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020

Trump found a new team.

“The new lawyers are not without controversy. David Schoen represented Roger Stone, who was convicted in November 2019 of obstructing a congressional investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election, and then had his prison sentence commuted by Trump.

The Atlanta-based lawyer also met with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein when the financier was preparing for trial in New York on charges relating to sexual exploitation and shortly before Epstein died in jail in 2019.

Bruce Castor is a former acting attorney general of Pennsylvania and a prominent Republican who has been slammed by advocates for victims of sexual crimes because of his stance against reforms involving help for past victims of Catholic priests and in the case of university football coach and predator Jerry Sandusky.

And Castor gained notoriety for declining to prosecute Bill Cosby more than a decade before the entertainer was eventually convicted in 2018, and also sued Cosby’s victim, Andrea Constand, in a case that was dismissed, and then was sued by Constand for defamation, which was settled.”
Is this seriously the second time in a row Trump is hiring a lawyer who represented Jeffrey Epstein in his impeachment trial? That shit runs deep, huh?

Last edited:

Ascend

Jul 23, 2018
You asked for examples of things that Trump's administration had done that were negative for the LGBT community and were given one.

Instead of addressing that example you simply asked for another list. Is Onionsnake supposed to run around futilely compiling lists for you? Lists of things that you will just shrug off as you move the goalposts again?

Incredibly, you then suggested that Onionsnake 'doesn't care about the US' because not everyone is gay.

That would be a contender for top-ten stupidest comments I've seen on the internet.
Out of all the things mentioned in the video, for some reason, only LGBT got attention. And I didn't mention it, but looking at the list, (not everything of course), the ones I did look at were mostly clickbait... Like... The title saying Trump is changing policy on LGBT in the military as if they are no longer allowed to join. And when you read it, it was actually about the military no longer having to pay for a sex change. So.... Even here the media manipulation is in full force.
If we're going to compare presidents on who did the worst, it is only fair to have a list of all their crappy stuff, not just one of them, and not just one subject. That was my whole point.

But yeah. I'm the stupid one. And thanks for ignoring those three little facts I posted earlier.

MastaKiiLA

Jun 11, 2020
He’s no longer president tho.
That's not relevant. The point is to show that consequences have actions. Otherwise, any president can try to incite insurrection in their final days, with the gambit that if they fail, they won't be prosecuted. That's a terrible precedent. It would allow any president to basically try to extend their term by inciting violence, with no consequences. They either stage a successful coup, or get off scot-free.

Dems are correct to pursue this, even with the knowledge that the Reps won't convict. It's the principle that matters. In addition to that, it gets Reps on the record of which side of the issue they stand on. Given the way polling has gone post-insurrection, it plays into the hands of candidates looking to primary or challenge conservative senators in the coming years. "This man/woman supported Trump's insurrection." Given that this is the 2nd impeachment, and that there's a chance even more dirt comes out via Biden's administration, it could put some balls in blenders come midterms.

On top of that, the people who made the effort to get Biden elected don't want to see the party roll over and expose its belly again. Keep hammering home how corrupt and vile the last administration was, and let those willing to go down with the ship do so.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
That's not relevant. The point is to show that consequences have actions. Otherwise, any president can try to incite insurrection in their final days, with the gambit that if they fail, they won't be prosecuted. That's a terrible precedent. It would allow any president to basically try to extend their term by inciting violence, with no consequences. They either stage a successful coup, or get off scot-free.

Dems are correct to pursue this, even with the knowledge that the Reps won't convict. It's the principle that matters. In addition to that, it gets Reps on the record of which side of the issue they stand on. Given the way polling has gone post-insurrection, it plays into the hands of candidates looking to primary or challenge conservative senators in the coming years. "This man/woman supported Trump's insurrection." Given that this is the 2nd impeachment, and that there's a chance even more dirt comes out via Biden's administration, it could put some balls in blenders come midterms.

On top of that, the people who made the effort to get Biden elected don't want to see the party roll over and expose its belly again. Keep hammering home how corrupt and vile the last administration was, and let those willing to go down with the ship do so.
skeptical george c scott GIF

Reactions: RedCarp04

Nehezir

Banned
Sep 2, 2020

well, you're not wrong there. I sure as hell won't be voting for any Senators who are in favor.
i think the best thing trump did for the lgbtqia+ community was to not signal them at every opportunity and get outta their way
This is really the biggest thing. the LGBTQ+ community is garnering a reputation for being massive cunts. Having the president act as a megaphone just makes their cuntery louder and more annoying.

The only people who like activists are activists. Everyone else sees them as obnoxious shitheads here to impose their way of life on everyone else because they simply have no life and let live in their head.

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Trump could literally show up to the Capitol for his trial dressed like Gimli from the Lord of the Rings, tell all of the senators he wished his designs to have them murdered in violent insurrection had actually succeeded, while answering all questions with nothing but screaming the n-word, and Republican senators would still acquit him. Hell they even refuse to condemn the actual insurrection or the new QAnon faces of their party in the House.

I cannot wait to see how outlandish the Republican candidates are in 2022. It's going to be wild.
Jewish Space Lasers for all!