• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's new Press Secretary holds her first press beating

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

The tabloid-caliber questions make the majority of that press room look more like Chinese trolls than respectable reporters, so it's always satisfying to watch them get torched in return like that.
God damn 1-8-7 on all the reporters in there.

She hit them right back with their stupid gotcha questions and then dropped the mic to let them stew. I think I heard one guy complain that she was prepared for the question LOL.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

The tabloid-caliber questions make the majority of that press room look more like Chinese trolls than respectable reporters, so it's always satisfying to watch them get torched in return like that.
Maybe they will stop asking the same dumb questions everyday after that beat down.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
enemy of the people.

Fake News.

Next time she should ask them if they will take back what they said about Nick Sandman and those 2 Nigerian brothers.

Reactions: oatmeal

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
CNN Headlines:

"Misgoynist Online Russian Bot Trolls drooling over Trump new Sex bomb attempt to distract from Corona Virus"

"Biden calls out Trump for holding press conference with new sexy press secretary, upset he doesn't have the chance to grope and sniff her"

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007

"You were prepared for that" as if it's some kind of blemish on her character rather than displaying the ridiculousness and predictability of the "gotcha" media.

That she could be prepared for that question really tells you everything about the priorities of some of these goons.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Listen how the whole point of this question is to try and play Kayleigh against Trump. Media weasels they just want to create drama. Time stamped when he is asking about warriors, and then he has to specfically try and put a wedge between her and Trump.

Dec 15, 2011
Whilst that was an entertaining and professional response I very much doubt it'll work out well for her in the long run.

There will now be an army of social media keyboard warriors and activist journalist investigating and tracking everything about her - for the crime of not rewarding their gutter-level gotcha effort with the prize they were expecting.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Whilst that was an entertaining and professional response I very much doubt it'll work out well for her in the long run.

There will now be an army of social media keyboard warriors and activist journalist investigating and tracking everything about her - for the crime of not rewarding their gutter-level gotcha effort with the prize they were expecting.
Fuck’em.

They can all /quit life.

Jun 26, 2013

As long as she keeps developing her own way of saying "Fuck you" to the media, she should be fine. Honestly, quoting the media verbatim is a very effective way to expose their hypocrisy.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016

White House press secretary for Trump is not a job one takes to lay low and play it safe.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Yeah if they’re not fixing the gameplay and not fixing the lack of Mileena not super interested. I’ll watch the story mode on YouTube 😓
Honestly she should run for president in 2024.
I guess that’s my biggest hang up with Trump he’s terrible at communicating but with some one like Kayley (assuming he doesn’t fire her or burn her out like the others) he could actually sell his ideas if he’d wise up an not tweet.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I guess that’s my biggest hang up with Trump he’s terrible at communicating but with some one like Kayley (assuming he doesn’t fire her or burn her out like the others) he could actually sell his ideas if he’d wise up an not tweet.
Yeah, that's not going to happen. If there's anything we've learned over the past 4 years it's that Trump has an itchy twitter finger.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
If he stops tweeting and limits public communication to press briefings, he hands control back to the media. It won’t matter if he has a firebrand like Kayleigh — she can’t control the media’s selective editing. Twitter stays, for better or worse.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Yeah, that's not going to happen. If there's anything we've learned over the past 4 years it's that Trump has an itchy twitter finger.
Agreed it’s just so counter productive and petty one of the many reasons I won’t vote for him. Even he doesn’t really know where he stands but the default is his tweets which are usually worse than what he’s actually trying to advocate because he doesn’t know how policy works. People then have to sloppily try to back into policies of what he really meant.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Agreed it’s just so counter productive and petty one of the many reasons I won’t vote for him. Even he doesn’t really know where he stands but the default is his tweets which are usually worse than what he’s actually trying to advocate because he doesn’t know how policy works. People then have to sloppily try to back into policies of what he really meant.
Of all the pettiness going around, Trump is the one you point the finger at? Not the media and the women and children of the left who have been crying wolf and unjustifiably slandering him non-stop for years? Right...

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Funny little thread.

Look, she MIGHT last longer than the others IF she can manage to keep her briefings aligned with whatever is coming out the President's mouth at any given moment.

If she runs afoul with that she'll have what has been the typical short tenure in that position.
Trump: This young woman is whip smart, but what does Mass Shift think..🤔

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Any questions about New York sending their infected to kill the rest of the old people? Or what about New York officials failure to stop the virus from spreading to the rest of the USA ?

Im really wondering what Kayleighs comments about Trump in 2015 have to do with the corona virus?

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
This is actually amazing here. It shows she was initially duped(as was I)and then the more she learned, the more it became clear something was amiss.

That "reporter" is actually trying to make her look bad for educating herself and not being a person that doesn't ask questions and refuses to admit they were wrong.

This is the level of the news reporting in this country.

It instills nothing but confidence.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Reporters are running around running cover for Biden and burying the Flynn story. Shouldnt be any surprises they are dishonest hacks. Most of them just read twittter and use each other as sources for a circular jerk of so called reporting.

Fakington Juicy Fruit and Russian hoax should be enough of a nail in the coffin for the lame stream media.

These were the samw dummies that believed some white racist were parading around in a polar vortex looking for a gay black man to lightly scratch lol.

Whats worse is the amount of narcissim they have in their questions not realizing that their shit smells the worst of all.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
This is actually amazing here. It shows she was initially duped(as was I)and then the more she learned, the more it became clear something was amiss.

That "reporter" is actually trying to make her look bad for educating herself and not being a person that doesn't ask questions and refuses to admit they were wrong.

This is the level of the news reporting in this country.

It instills nothing but confidence.
What amazes me most is Kayleigh took 1 question from everyone it looks like. With all the stuff going on in the world and each reporter getting to ask the administation one question to write a story on .... and this lady asks about a comment the press secretary made 5 years ago. Who cares???

Last edited: