• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's new Press Secretary holds her first press beating

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
She’s right, but you should expect better from government over the media. They have a lot more access to information on these situations. Or should at least.

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
True but you have to admit he’s an overt asshole they’re more passive aggressive.
Perhaps it's about time 'Murrica had an overt asshole in charge that will actually treat the world as the 'Murrican people deserve.

God knows we foot the bill for every other Western nation to have a joke of a military.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Jun 6, 2004
New York

The tabloid-caliber questions make the majority of that press room look more like Chinese trolls than respectable reporters, so it's always satisfying to watch them get torched in return like that.
That was awesome.
The press pool have not dealt with that kind of preparation in years, and they were not ready for it.
I'm hoping that they step up their game in response, but they haven't shown that they're capable.

Nothing I hate more than a reporter asking a great question, getting a response that requires a follow-up, and then the next reporter asks about something stupid.

Dirk Benedict

May 31, 2013
Fetid, rotted, cursed Isz
That was awesome.
The press pool have not dealt with that kind of preparation in years, and they were not ready for it.
I'm hoping that they step up their game in response, but they haven't shown that they're capable.

Nothing I hate more than a reporter asking a great question, getting a response that requires a follow-up, and then the next reporter asks about something stupid.
Our press in a nutshell.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I liked that other ending too where when she was starting to leave the stage, someone loudly tried to ask something like "why did you talk about Flynn so long before you talked about Trump exposed to corona!?!?"
She, continuing to move out of stage, looked back and said "justice matters" and left.

like, DAMN!
There's media expecting to talk about something that has more potential to be negative for Trump. She talks about it but she also talks a lot about things that are very positive for Trump and very important in other ways too, but as the focus isn't on what the media could twist into negative Trump news there's now someone desperately out loud asking how that can be - and boom, "justice matters", the end.

She's strong and tough and very quick to come with great replies.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Yes lets complain about deflection from the Administration of "I take no responsibility."
Focusing on one line out of context and blowing it way out of proportion is standard practice in partisan politics. In the media sphere this is supposed to be prime time MSNBC and Fox News material, that it's now the norm in mainstream media and "respectable" press sources alike speaks volumes about where we are at this point in time. I say "we" because that garbage has infected international media and is poisoning us all, wasting our time with needless bickering.

It was part of a response to a gotcha question from NBC's Kristen Welker which she followed up by asking "by Sunday night will every American be able to get a test," something she had to know was impossible as almost no country on earth can provide that even two months later. The smart thing for him to do would've been to leave out that line, avoid answering it directly, but Trump's as blunt and plain spoken as they come, for better or worse.

The rest of his answer always gets left out because it includes Fauci stating the system was not designed for this type of situation. In other words, this would've been an issue even if Hillary was in office (excluding conspiracy theories).

When it comes to testing, some of the states with the lowest capacity match or exceed the Canadian province with the highest capacity. That being the case, why does Trump get run over on this issue while Trudeau doesn't? A rhetorical question that might add a little perspective.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: HeresJohnny

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland

This really joggles the noggles, doesn’t it?
I would imagine it's more important to keep the masks when you are expected to talk though, so it would be more important to wear masks during the press briefing than after.
That's not an excuse for the "why did you say China to me" lady though who took her mask off when she got angry with Trump during the briefing.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I would imagine it's more important to keep the masks when you are expected to talk though, so it would be more important to wear masks during the press briefing than after.
That's not an excuse for the "why did you say China to me" lady though who took her mask off when she got angry with Trump during the briefing.
I dont think its a big deal but it shows that what she is doing is alot just for show. Once the cameras are off the mask comes off.

We alrady saw the outrage over the faux Pence box story. And you know if Trump did the same thing CNN would be all over it saying Trump only pretends to wear a mask for the cameras orange man bad. CNN would make a huge scandal out of it.

ManaByte

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com
The beatings continue. CNN cuts away from covering the briefing in the middle of this cut, lol. The media hasn’t done its homework:
I expect CNN to cook up fake charges that she slept with a student or something against her next week.

Meanwhile everyone's response will be:

Last edited: