Trumps tweet on Ilhan Omar

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Called it.

I knew you had nothing and I knew you would pull some stupid shit like this. The best you have to back up your bullshit claim that I am a "terrorist apologist" is a months old post that has literally nothing to do with the situation, but you are gonna try and use it as some gotcha anyway even though you know you are full of shit and that its not true.

I have denounced violence of any kind from any side multiples times on this forum and I have also said what Omar said was wrong multiple times now as well. But you choose to ignore all of it anyway because you just cannot help yourself. You just have to whine and bitch at me for something even if it means you have to pull shit out of your own ass in order to do it. You are just like Matt in that regard, but at least Matt never hid behind a facade of false superiority. He knew what he was doing and never tried to hide it. You are pathetic and you are predictable. You need to get a grip and grow up.
Wait did you just defend me in order to attack Dun?

LOOOOOOOL

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
If you were to stop bullying, I wouldn't need to "rush to someone's defense". I am not standing up for the oppressed, I am standing up against bullying behaviour. All you did was quoting things where @Nobody_Important was defending Omar from Trump's attack, specifically because of its form. I am pretty sure Omar is not a terrorist, so defending her is not terrorist apology. Omar may be a terrorist apologist herself, but half a sentence quoted by Trump in the video is hardly any kind of evidence for that, and even if she is a terrorist apologist, that is does not make @Nobody_Important one. Not objectively, not by his standards, not by any reasonable person's standard.
LOL shut the fuck up. He was holding him to account for his own words and hypocrisy, not bullying him. Helicopter parents like you are the reason we have so many fragile little narcissists like NI who can’t accept responsibility for their actions running around these days.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
This one tweet by Trump is causing the entire left on Twitter and reset to melt down and eat each other alive. He must be laughing his ass off right now.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Obvious propaganda is obvious.
Pretty sad the president resorts to this crap. Criticize and refute absolutely, but using 9/11 for some political points does an injustice to those who have died. An obvious appeal to emotion as well.

This would be like taking clips from Trump's Immigration speeches and playing Nazi Germany or KKK clips and pretending it wasn't propaganda to appeal to people's emotions.
Uhh...but she WAS talking about 9/11.

So we can criticize what she said about 9/11 but not bring 9/11 into it. Ok gotcha. Sure makes a lot of sense.
I mean I frequently make fun of the left's lack of self awareness when they criticize the right, but this Omar thing is a level of absurdity I've never seen before.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
This one tweet by Trump is causing the entire left on Twitter and reset to melt down and eat each other alive. He must be laughing his ass off right now.
That's the hilarious thing about Trump...... which goes for the rightie side as a whole..... which is more about things rolling off the shoulders as opposed to kicking and screaming protests like children.

He knows what he is doing, so after every tweet he probably goes golfing or eats a burger combo laughing, while lefties go into ape shit hyperspasms.

bucyou

Feb 3, 2018
I...hope you're not this ignorant to choose this hill to die on.
Since... we're playing this game, how ignorant do you have to be to not be able to tell the difference sexual assault and the way a groupie of a band would act?

You are so confused with hate you will probably tell us groupies dont throw themselves at bands lol

consensual is the opposite of forced, no matter how much you wish it wasnt so.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Since... we're playing this game, how ignorant do you have to be to not be able to tell the difference sexual assault and the way a groupie of a band would act?

You are so confused with hate you will probably tell us groupies dont throw themselves at bands lol

consensual is the opposite of forced, no matter how much you wish it wasnt so.
Jesus fucking Christ.

"Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

If he, in his own words, "doesn't even wait," how is consent granted? Please don't debase yourself by saying something of the like to "well she was in his presence" or "she asked for it".

We're seriously trying to defend a grotesque quote about sexual assault. God this Cheeto is shaming this country.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Jesus fucking Christ.

"Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

If he, in his own words, "doesn't even wait," how is consent granted? Please don't debase yourself by saying something of the like to "well she was in his presence" or "she asked for it".

We're seriously trying to defend a grotesque quote about sexual assault. God this Cheeto is shaming this country.
Where are the women he assaulted? You are going to have to do better than a private conversation recorded. Talking shit with a couple of other guys in private is not assault. It is in poor taste but not anything to carry on about for 3 years.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ.

I guess you didn’t know this......but....

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Jesus fucking Christ.

Why did you bold almost everything but “they let you”, the most important part? This puritanical fainting couch consent culture is so ridiculous and it’s being driven by the people least likely to be kissed. Someone has to initiate, and if the receiving party is uncomfortable then it’s up to them to make it known. If Trump initiates and they don’t reeeeesist, it’s not sexual assault. You’re also infantilising women by assuming they’re incapable of standing up to the “shameful Cheeto” (NPC alert). Do you believe that women are so weak and helpless that they can’t defend themselves? That’s awfully sexist of you.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Why did you bold almost everything but “they let you”, the most important part? This puritanical fainting couch consent culture is so ridiculous and it’s being driven by the people least likely to be kissed. Someone has to initiate, and if the receiving party is uncomfortable then it’s up to them to make it known. If Trump initiates and they don’t reeeeesist, it’s not sexual assault. You’re also infantilising women by assuming they’re incapable of standing up to the “shameful Cheeto” (NPC alert). Do you believe that women are so weak and helpless that they can’t defend themselves? That’s awfully sexist of you.
1. I bolded that part because from his own mouth, he DOESN'T EVEN WAIT. HOW DOES HE HAVE CONSENT? Go down the street. Grab a girl and kiss her. When you're arrested, please see how the "she let me kiss her because I initiated it" argument holds up. What?
2. Not even going to touch the "consent culture" sentence... seriously?
3. Donald Trump has over 19 sexual assault/harrassment claims that have been filed against him, one of which was filed by his ex-wife. So clearly, he has initiated and his affection has been unwanted and his logic that "he doesn't even have to wait" is wrong.

Look. Maybe you love what Trump is cooking. But i feel like him boasting about sexual assault when he has numerous sexual assault/harrassment claims against him isn't the good Trump hill to die on.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
1. I bolded that part because from his own mouth, he DOESN'T EVEN WAIT. HOW DOES HE HAVE CONSENT? Go down the street. Grab a girl and kiss her. When you're arrested, please see how the "she let me kiss her because I initiated it" argument holds up. What?
2. Not even going to touch the "consent culture" sentence... seriously?
3. Donald Trump has over 19 sexual assault/harrassment claims that have been filed against him, one of which was filed by his ex-wife. So clearly, he has initiated and his affection has been unwanted and his logic that "he doesn't even have to wait" is wrong.

Look. Maybe you love what Trump is cooking. But i feel like him boasting about sexual assault when he has numerous sexual assault/harrassment claims against him isn't the good Trump hill to die on.
1. There’s quite a difference between random women on the street and groupies whose intentions are typically crystal clear even without them explicitly stating them.

2. You’re ignoring the “puritanical fainting couch” qualifier. That’s dishonest, and you’re doing it because you’re addicted to moral satisfaction of being outraged.

3. Cool. Let’s chat when they turn into convictions.

Your bar for sexual assault is ridiculously low. You’re conflating kisses with far more serious offenses. You’re ideologically broken, my friend, and you’re in so deep you can’t even see the surface anymore. Moreover, you intrinsically see women as helpless infants who can’t be expected to say no.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
1. There’s quite a difference between random women on the street and groupies whose intentions are typically crystal clear even without them explicitly stating them.

2. You’re ignoring the “puritanical fainting couch” qualifier. That’s dishonest, and you’re doing it because you’re addicted to moral satisfaction of being outraged.

3. Cool. Let’s chat when they turn into convictions.

Your bar for sexual assault is ridiculously low. You’re conflating kisses with far more serious offenses. You’re ideologically broken, my friend, and you’re in so deep you can’t even see the surface anymore. Moreover, you intrinsically see women as helpless infants who can’t be expected to say no.
1. There is no difference between random women and groupies when it comes to consent. I mean there's so many things wrong with that but I'll just settle with the easiest. Groupies can be raped. Even if you went in with the intention to sleep with a famous person, consent can be revoked at any time and kissing does not mean consent for grabbing pussy.
2. I am not touching that because I have no interest in continuing to devolve into a discussion about the basic understanding of consent.
3. So if by his own words he can do anything to women. And women have come forward saying that he has without their consent. You don't care to believe them or see why that is problematic thinking because the women haven't successfully won a conviction or received a settlement?

My bar for sexual assault is the legal definition. Was there consent? Kissing someone without their consent is harrassment and/or assault depending on the jurisdiction.

I fail to see how being against sexual assault and assholes who don't respect consent equates to being a social justice warrior as opposed to a moderately decent human, but whatever.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
There’s probably a big Access Hollywood thread from 2016 still around if people want to discuss a three year old story again.

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
1. There is no difference between random women and groupies when it comes to consent. I mean there's so many things wrong with that but I'll just settle with the easiest. Groupies can be raped. Even if you went in with the intention to sleep with a famous person, consent can be revoked at any time and kissing does not mean consent for grabbing pussy.
2. I am not touching that because I have no interest in continuing to devolve into a discussion about the basic understanding of consent.
3. So if by his own words he can do anything to women. And women have come forward saying that he has without their consent. You don't care to believe them or see why that is problematic thinking because the women haven't successfully won a conviction or received a settlement?

My bar for sexual assault is the legal definition. Was there consent? Kissing someone without their consent is harrassment and/or assault depending on the jurisdiction.

I fail to see how being against sexual assault and assholes who don't respect consent equates to being a social justice warrior as opposed to a moderately decent human, but whatever.
First of all, this is all is definitely off-topic and "whataboutism".
Secondly, to shut this down, it's clear from the recording: " And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." That's the actual statement that precedes the "grab them by the pussy" remark. Whether that means Trump sexually assaults someone, that's certainly up to debate (in another thread), but you can't infer anything other than that Trump in this context certainly was talking about some sort of consent. And that's without considering the fact that this was clearly guys talking "locker room talk", unless you want to consider it a speech or an intellectual essay into what you can do with women.
I also assume that you understand that intimate relations doesn't include speaking about terms or asking about what you're about to do all the time? Because body language and a move towards more intimacy is the pillar of how normal human beings behave and how humanity has been able to exist. There's definitely contexts and areas in which attempting a kiss is considered appropriate. It would be a different thing if Trump said "even if they say no" (i.e. do not consent).
And lastly, if any women wants to press charges, they should. But it'll be up to courts to decide guilt and not for some to person reaching conclusions that affirm one's biases.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
There’s probably a big Access Hollywood thread from 2016 still around if people want to discuss a three year old story again.
I'll actually say, I agree. No desire to continue to derail the thread by my surprise of the general unawareness of basic human norms, decency, law, etc al. My curiosity got the best of me after an 18-month hiatus.

Please, MAGA on.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Just to be clear, Patriots7 isn't even going to try to defend Omar's words. He is bringing up consent complaints from 3 years ago.

That's how accurate Trump's tweet is. 😂

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

I'll actually say, I agree. No desire to continue to derail the thread by my surprise of the general unawareness of basic human norms, decency, law, etc al. My curiosity got the best of me after an 18-month hiatus.

Please, MAGA on.
Stop infantilising women. It’s not 1950 anymore.

You’ve shown with your NPC vocabulary that you’re just another broken ideologue. It ain’t about MAGA, it’s about resisting the reeeeesisters. Carry on, sister.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Just to be clear, Patriots7 isn't even going to try to defend Omar's words. He is bringing up consent complaints from 3 years ago.

That's how accurate Trump's tweet is. 😂
I quoted a post on the first page out of pure bemusement that someone actually wanted to say 'grab them by the pussy' could be seen as appropriate in any context and further shell shocked that people would actually attempt to argue it. Not the GAF of 2017 anymore.

My thoughts on-topic? Ilhan has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth. She should have phrased her sentiments better in a way that wouldn't be seen as minimizing 9/11. And thus, we wouldn't have this topic. That said, it's clear she's being targeted because she's a Muslim and under any other administration which held the values and decorum of the office of the Presidency to the standard it deserves, the President of the United States would not be politicizing 9/11 to attack a muslim-American woman, no matter her politics, especially after she has received death threats.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
My thoughts on-topic? Ilhan has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth. She should have phrased her sentiments better in a way that wouldn't be seen as minimizing 9/11. And thus, we wouldn't have this topic. That said, it's clear she's being targeted because she's a Muslim and under any other administration which held the values and decorum of the office of the Presidency to the standard it deserves, the President of the United States would not be politicizing 9/11 to attack a muslim-American woman, no matter her politics, especially after she has received death threats.
It'd be political suicide for anyone else in Congress to downplay 9/11, laugh about people's anxiety over Al-Qaeda, talk about Jews hypnotizing the world and liking the Benjamins, and advocate for ISIS fighters to be welcomed into society. She's being coddled to an extraordinary degree.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I quoted a post on the first page out of pure bemusement that someone actually wanted to say 'grab them by the pussy' could be seen as appropriate in any context and further shell shocked that people would actually attempt to argue it. Not the GAF of 2017 anymore.
Exactly my point. You came into the thread and your first impulse was to derail it? Hmmm....

"Oh poor Illhan. If only big old meanie Trump wasn't around to hold her to account, no politician would ever dare hold her to be
accountable for her own words. Oh woe is America, what do you say about a country that criticizes the words their elected leaders say. That never happened before 2016. What happened to decorum? DECORUM!?"

Do you hear this crap you're spewing. You're acting as if negative ads have never happened before.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
It'd be political suicide for anyone else in Congress to downplay 9/11, laugh about people's anxiety over Al-Qaeda, talk about Jews hypnotizing the world and liking the Benjamins, and advocate for ISIS fighters to be welcomed into society. She's being coddled to an extraordinary degree.
What typically would be political suicide no longer applies to our modern world and this applies to both political parties.

Mitt Romney's campaign will always be remembered for the political blunders of the 47% comment and the "binders full of women" comment. Neither of which were actually offensive in his discussion.

Politics have devolved to such a cesspool I do hope that we as a nation in a few decades regain our sense and expect more from our politicians and unfortunately look back at this time as an error in judgment.

People don't deserve to have death threats sent to them though, irregardless of their political views.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
What typically would be political suicide no longer applies to our modern world and this applies to both political parties.

Mitt Romney's campaign will always be remembered for the political blunders of the 47% comment and the "binders full of women" comment. Neither of which were actually offensive in his discussion.

Politics have devolved to such a cesspool I do hope that we as a nation in a few decades regain our sense and expect more from our politicians and unfortunately look back at this time as an error in judgment.

People don't deserve to have death threats sent to them though, irregardless of their political views.
> Unironically calls Trump a cheeto

> Complains about a lack of political decency

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Since Congress removed a 200 year rule so that Rep Omar could wear her headscarves, I'd say she harden the fuck up when it comes to being criticized as anyone would be expected to be criticized. She is not beyond reproach and has a rather interesting history to consider whenever she makes controversial statements.

She isn't special, despite making her feel special and that was a mistake on Congress to coddle her. IdPol talking points are tired and useless, there isn't any merit to them and is proven when bandied about instead of an actual argument.

She keeps putting her feet into her mouth. It is hilarious. I'm glad she is doing it and hope she continues to be a substandard civil servant akin to an albatross around the Democrats necks.

Last edited:

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
A higher standard like... not downplaying 9/11 and Al Qaeda or saying that Jews have hypnotized the world and love money?
What exactly are you trying to say?

You're struggling to frame me as saying something that I didn't. I literally said: "Ilhan has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth. She should have phrased her sentiments better in a way that wouldn't be seen as minimizing 9/11. And thus, we wouldn't have this topic."

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Rep. Dan Crenshaw is magnanimous in rebutting Rep. Alexandria Cortes and Rep. Ilhan Omar.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
What exactly are you trying to say?

You're struggling to frame me as saying something that I didn't. I literally said: "Ilhan has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth. She should have phrased her sentiments better in a way that wouldn't be seen as minimizing 9/11. And thus, we wouldn't have this topic."
You’re minimizing her comments while maximizing Trump’s. Moreover, the comments you are minimizing are downplaying terrorism that resulted in thousands of deaths while the ones you are maximizing are about potentially non-consensual kisses. Get a grip.

Reactions: autoduelist

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
You’re minimizing her comments while maximizing Trump’s. Moreover, the comments you are minimizing are downplaying terrorism that resulted in thousands of deaths while the ones you are maximizing are about potentially non-consensual kisses. Get a grip.
For the love of God.

I admit, I went down that rabbit hole because I was generally surprised someone would bring that up as being taken out of context. And then more people would attempt to justify it.

I literally posted my thoughts about Ilhan and Trump's tweet. You are not commenting on that but continuing to change the conversation to the access Hollywood scandal.

If you want to discuss my comments about Ilhan and Trump's tweet, please focus on what I said in relation to that. I'm happy to respond.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
For the love of God.

I admit, I went down that rabbit hole because I was generally surprised someone would bring that up as being taken out of context. And then more people would attempt to justify it.

I literally posted my thoughts about Ilhan and Trump's tweet. You are not commenting on that but continuing to change the conversation to the access Hollywood scandal.

If you want to discuss my comments about Ilhan and Trump's tweet, please focus on what I said in relation to that. I'm happy to respond.
But I just did that. I said you downplayed her downplaying of terrorism. Then I commented on your upplaying of potentially non-consensual kisses to demonstrate that you seem to be coming at this from a highly partisan angle. You seem quite blasé towards Omar’s comments while Trump’s are the gravest of offenses. Your reactions to both are highly disproportional to the magnitudes of the offenses, so I believe you’re probably wrapped up in highly partisan media like everyone else who thinks he’s the second coming of Hitler.

Also, your verbiage gave you away. I am yet to see anyone parroting the cheeto nonsense discuss anything regarding Trump in the proper context. You still can’t comprehend that “they let you” is referring to implicit consent given through non-verbal means. You carry on about adhering to the law while asserting that Orange Man is a sexual assaulter despite the fact that the law hasn’t determined that — you have.

Finally, has it ever occurred to you that he wears the fake tan to goad you into criticising him on the colour of his skin? Calling him a cheeto is playing the game according to his rules, not yours, and he knows that the most important people in the game are the spectators. You’re being played.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
But I just did that. I said you downplayed her downplaying of terrorism. Then I commented on your upplaying of potentially non-consensual kisses to demonstrate that you seem to be coming at this from a highly partisan angle. You seem quite blasé towards Omar’s comments while Trump’s are the gravest of offenses. Your reactions to both are highly disproportional to the magnitudes of the offenses, so I believe you’re probably wrapped up in highly partisan media like everyone else who thinks he’s the second coming of Hitler.

Also, your verbiage gave you away. I am yet to see anyone parroting the cheeto nonsense discuss anything regarding Trump in the proper context. You still can’t comprehend that “they let you” is referring to implicit consent given through non-verbal means. You carry on about adhering to the law while asserting that Orange Man is a sexual assaulter despite the fact that the law hasn’t determined that — you have.

Finally, has it ever occurred to you that he wears the fake tan to goad you into criticising him on the colour of his skin? Calling him a cheeto is playing the game according to his rules, not yours, and he knows that the most important people in the game are the spectators. You’re being played.
No you really didn't. You keep rehashing the access Hollywood scandal and I am trying to not further derail the thread in the absurdity of that false equivalent. So I will again, attempt to respond to what's actually related to this thread from your post.

I'm not downplaying her comments or minimizing the impact that it could have on certain people. I don't think her statement was articulate nor useful in the continuing political conversation. I do believe the sentiments she had were coming from a good place and she was attempting to advocate for those impacted by the increased islamophobia.

It was poorly said. It can and has been easily perceived as offensive. She continues to have a habit of putting her foot in her mouth, as I stated previously.

That said, 9/11 shouldn't be used politically to attack an individual in Congress. In a mature response, I'd hope that we would have received a coherent rebuttal that highlights how the comments could be perceived when taken out of context, the need for us to recognize the tragedy of 9/11 and the corresponding need for us as Americans to look past the polarization, bigotry and obscenity that politics have become and work towards once again becoming the beacon of Western civilization.

That proposed rebuttal does not result in this uproar nor be seen as a dog whistle to further exacerbate racism, sexism and islamophobia.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Are you asking why I'd hope that our elected officials are held to a higher standard?
Democrats have a governor who proudly wore blackface, a former VP who has been caught on video being inappropriate with women leading the race for president and a slew of others who falsely accused the President of being an agent of Russia.

LOL

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
Democrats have a governor who proudly wore blackface, a former VP who has been caught on video being inappropriate with women leading the race for president and a slew of others who falsely accused the President of being an agent of Russia.

LOL
- Fairly certain all of the top Democratic leadership called for Northam to step down
- I'm not stanning Biden so I don't care
- LMAO. I'm happy I've lived so many years to be in a world where we're celebrating that our President isn't a Russian asset

I'm not a Democrat so please stop trying to goad me.