• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Or he types the way he does because it's easy to be vague and leaves a lot to the imagination.

What was his last prediction? That Microsoft is gonna reveal something at Gamescom? Anyone can predict that. Microsoft themselves have said so.

I'm not saying this guy is a liar or he doesn't have inside information, just that most of his claims aren't very specific and some of the ones that are have be denied publicly by Microsoft.

You guys see him as some kind of Edward Snowden. I think he's more like a John Edward.

more tears for his bidet

Or he types the way he does because it's easy to be vague and leaves a lot to the imagination.

What was his last prediction? That Microsoft is gonna reveal something at Gamescom? Anyone can predict that. Microsoft themselves have said so.

I'm not saying this guy is a liar or he doesn't have inside information, just that most of his claims aren't very specific and some of the ones that are have be denied publicly by Microsoft.

You guys see him as some kind of Edward Snowden. I think he's more like a John Edward.

Sure because Cboat is vague one or two times every single one of his specific previous posts should be discounted

Sure that makes sense

Until someone pretty easily decyphers his comments...

He isn't exactly making it difficult. it isn't like a developer will be like "oh, this CBOAT guy no idea what hes saying, but this guy who quoted his gibberish is clearly the leak!"

Sure because Cboat is vague one or two times every single one of his specific previous posts should be discounted

Sure that makes sense

I'm not saying he doesn't have information, or all of his posts are fraudulent. Just that by being vague you can get away with a lot of stuff. People make careers out of it. If he does have insider information. Great. Maybe he did leak some legit stuff. You should also know it only takes one good prediction to make people trust you.

I'm not "hating" or anything like that. If you want to think he's spouting "Truthfact" or whatever, that's fine. I'm not here to get into arguments. I'm just explaining that I'm skeptical of his predictions and not about to believe everything a person says just because they were correct a few times in the past.

I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. Carry on.

I'm not saying he doesn't have information, or all of his posts are fraudulent. Just that by being vague you can get away with a lot of stuff. People make careers out of it. If he does have insider information. Great. Maybe he did leak some legit stuff. You should also know it only takes one good prediction to make people trust you.

I'm not "hating" or anything like that. If you want to think he's spouting "Truthfact" or whatever, that's fine. I'm not here to get into arguments. I'm just explaining that I'm skeptical of his predictions and not about to believe everything a person says just because they were correct a few times in the past.

Look at my list. It's not just one prediction and he is quite specific most of the time. Remember Me should seal the deal, he saw the reveal trailer for that game 2.5 months before anyone else (including press) even knew that the game existed in that form. He posted a GIF of it. The reveal trailer showed the exact same scene, even slightly updated. CBOAT is legit, there is no other explanation for this.

Jomjom

Banned

You are willfully turning a blind eye to all the things he's been right on. One good prediction should never be enough for people to trust you. When you make over 10 predictions that are spot on, then yes people begin trusting you. There's no "maybe" when talking about leaking legit stuff, there objectively, inarguably was legit stuff leaked.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Also forgetting the time where he leaked out all the press releases and announcements from E3 2006

It kinda sucked the fun out of the conference as halo 3 was being announced (thoug iirc bish deleted the stuff saying insider info like that was bad)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

CBOAT has been correct more than just a few times.

Look at my list. It's not just one prediction and he is quite specific most of the time. Remember Me should seal the deal, he saw the reveal trailer for that game 2.5 months before anyone else (including press) even knew that the game existed in that form. He posted a GIF of it. The reveal trailer showed the exact same scene, even slightly updated. CBOAT is legit, there is no other explanation for this.

I did look at your list.

I apologize. It's just that I pride myself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. ;-)

You're not skeptical, you're just closing your eyes to all the evidence (or just don't know, since you registered in 2013). He's been leaking all kinds of stuff since 2004 and he has been right on 95% (or more) of the times.

Theecliff

Banned

Erm...

With what was literally just posted moments ago, I think he's done more than enough to earn a lot of people's trust:

Edit: Well shit, seems like you've already seen it due to your post above

Erm...

With what was literally just posted moments ago, I think he's done more than enough to earn a lot of people's trust:

Wait, he called a sequel like Dead Rising 3 AND the fact that BF4 would not be exclusive??? Well that makes me a believer.

This just in, there will be a Dead Rising 4. Believe.

Boke1879

Wait, he called a sequel like Dead Rising 3 AND the fact that BF4 would not be exclusive??? Well that makes me a believer.

Wow bro. It seems like you're using selective reading. Dude CBOAT is legit as are others on this forum.

Until someone pretty easily decyphers his comments...

He isn't exactly making it difficult. it isn't like a developer will be like "oh, this CBOAT guy no idea what hes saying, but this guy who quoted his gibberish is clearly the leak!"

I assume he makes it somewhat gibberish so that no media source will cite him directly, or at least not without some workaround/translation. It just adds a layer of protection, I guess. Or, he (she!?) does it for shits and giggles.

CBOAT's reveal might be connected to MS games-com surprise... will probably see
Edit: and by surpise I mean MS other policy/xbox one related surprise that they where going to reveal with the leaked indie friendly reveal

I assume he makes it somewhat gibberish so that no media source will cite him directly, or at least not without some workaround/translation. It just adds a layer of protection

That's my assumption. I've stumbled upon "news" stories in which posts of mine were the fucking source. No one reached out to me for comment or talked to me to fact check or contacted me in any way. They read the post on GAF and made an article and cited either "a trusted insider on gaf" or "neogaf insider famousmortimer."

CBoaT makes it much tougher for sites to do that. Also... it does make him even more mysterious and awesome.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I'm not saying this guy is a liar or he doesn't have inside information, just that most of his claims aren't very specific and some of the ones that are have be denied publicly by Microsoft. Now of course if it were true and Microsoft didn't want that information getting it out, they wouldn't admit. Hell, by denying it, it just makes things look worse because their usual stance is not commenting on rumors and speculation. Either way, there's no way to prove that he's wrong, or that he's right which is exactly what he wants.

lol

Theecliff

Banned

So you're just willing to ignore everything else on that list just so you can make a sarcastic post?

Imm0rt4l

I'm not saying this guy is a liar or he doesn't have inside information, just that most of his claims aren't very specific and some of the ones that are have be denied publicly by Microsoft. Now of course if it were true and Microsoft didn't want that information getting it out, they wouldn't admit. Hell, by denying it, it just makes things look worse because their usual stance is not commenting on rumors and speculation. Either way, there's no way to prove that he's wrong, or that he's right which is exactly what he wants.

Tears for his bidet

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

LOL

I love it when random forum posters try to discredit the most legit industry leaker I've ever seen on the internet.

I'll just add my made up speculation... if this is bad news
if its good then just ignore it
the quick viewing Kinect menu clipping/switching/control of the Xbox one OS will be stalled to later this year as they have yet to finalize the final tweaking... hence the Kinectless feature being announced recently... that just what I would think

androvsky

While CBOAT is crazily accurate that you must heed his words. He does have misses, and we should list them as well just to give an accurate representation of his actual accuracy. He does occasionally miss, probably due to changes later or feeding of false information to try and find the source of the leak.

I do believe he missed Prince of Persia at E3.
Not sure he missed PoP so much as didn't watch the entire Halo trailer. :)

People doubting cboat seem to forget that you don't get to post "insider" stuff for years on gaf without the Bish etc. knowing your credentials.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Recently JK Rowling was found out to be ghostwriting a book simply based on the style of writting and phrases and words she used through a computer generated software. So that's why he writes the way he does.

A law firm leaked the info to The Times, they knew she wrote it before they got the linguist in.

Majanew

Banned
This should be included at the start of every CBOAT thread so that people stop posting... HOW DO WE KNOW HE'S RELIABLE? yadda yadda

The only thing I think he got "wrong" recently was Prince of Persia at E3 but that could have been pulled or maybe someone confused the Halo 5 teaser as POP with the desert setting and Master Chief in a non-sensical cloak.

It wasn't nonsensical. It was so you'd be surprised when the hood flipped back revealing it was Master Chief underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom