Tucker Carlson says poor immigrants makes us dirtier and poorer, is he wrong?

Douche McBaggins The 3rd

Apr 17, 2011
Because the Hispanic immigrants were politicized, intentionally.
That's because white southerners are projecting themselves onto these immigrants. Lazy fucks taking all the welfare, which they overwhelmingly are on. While taking all the jobs, which they don't do while bringing pills which they overwhelmingly take. Schroders immigrant? Collusion? Dems? Witch hunt!

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
That's because white southerners are projecting themselves onto these immigrants. Lazy fucks taking all the welfare, which they overwhelmingly are on. While taking all the jobs, which they don't do while bringing pills which they overwhelmingly take. Schroders immigrant? Collusion? Dems? Witch hunt!
I agree with what you said.

Hence why illegal immigration must end. There wont be any problems if you don't introduce them to begin with.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Looking at the full quote yeah he is kinda right but he should have left out the "dirtier" because the media only pick out what suits them to attack him, advertisers and people dont bother to look shit up.

“They are nice people, no one doubts that, but as an economic matter, this is insane. It’s indefensible so nobody even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. ‘We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor,’ they tell us. Even if it makes our own country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
I think the dirtier part was due to the ongoing coverage he has been doing regarding the people squatting in Tijuana. The caravan has made a fucking mess of the area. Garbage everywhere, people squatting in filth. He has had elected officials from Mexico saying the same thing. This outrage over a term he used is again not addressing the context of the ongoing coverage. Instead it is convenient to take a soundbite on its own and get outraged over it. Not because you actually watched his show but because someone shared an out of context clip for something you have never watched. The obvious authoritarian response would be to attempt to shut down something you don't watch by going after the money. He was already under fire from these lunatics prior to this when he was stormed by Antifa. Ironically most of his views if anyone cared to watch align more with Bernie Sanders than they do Trump on most other issues outside of border security.

Here is a video of what was left behind when the migrants were moved to a different camp. This certainly doesn't seem like TJ was left cleaner and wealthier. Sorry if fox news offends you.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Looking at the full quote yeah he is kinda right but he should have left out the "dirtier" because the media only pick out what suits them to attack him, advertisers and people dont bother to look shit up.

“They are nice people, no one doubts that, but as an economic matter, this is insane. It’s indefensible so nobody even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. ‘We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor,’ they tell us. Even if it makes our own country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”
Thats where I stand, he should of left off the dirtier part. Would of been the same if he would of said it makes our own country poorer and more divided.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This "then who is going to pick vegetables and clean the toilets" argument to defend illegal immigration is so tired. And wrong. Just FYI there are many countries in the world that don't have tons of illegal immigrants, so who do you think cleans the toilets in those countries? Elves?
The honest truth is you could probably bring in plenty of LEGAL immigrants to do those jobs happily. And then you can control it and make sure that you aren't over supplying the labor force, nor are companies abusing their workers.

finowns

May 10, 2009
OP should post the full quote it’s not as harsh as ‘immigrants are dirty.’

Edit- someone posted it, didn’t see.

Last edited:

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire
The honest truth is you could probably bring in plenty of LEGAL immigrants to do those jobs happily. And then you can control it and make sure that you aren't over supplying the labor force, nor are companies abusing their workers.
Why can't hardworking Americans do those jobs? I mean these are the jobs illegals are apparently taking from them afterall

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Why can't hardworking Americans do those jobs? I mean these are the jobs illegals are apparently taking from them afterall
They already do. For example in farming, way more Americans work in farming than illlegal or legal immigrants.

There's just not enough Americans willing to work there to sustain the entire farming industry (nor in combination of citizens, illegal, and legal), but that's a different story.

It's one of those things where people prefer to do other work (there's a lot of flaws going against farming).

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs show proved that there are no jobs that Americans will not do. The reality is that Americans will not do those jobs if they cannot earn a liveable wage.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Americans can do the jobs, but there can be times when there will be shortfalls and immigration can be used to fill those gaps, but LEGAL immigration, controlled and properly monitored.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
They already do. For example in farming, way more Americans work in farming than illlegal or legal immigrants.

There's just not enough Americans willing to work there to sustain the entire farming industry (nor in combination of citizens, illegal, and legal), but that's a different story.

It's one of those things where people prefer to do other work (there's a lot of flaws going against farming).
So is every other country starving to death?

What's Mexico doing to sustain their own farming without immigration that America can't keep up with?
Even tiny island nations like Jamaica don't seem to experience famine. Why is it only America that suddenly needs immigrants to feed themselves?

Last edited:

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009

What's Mexico doing to sustain their own farming without immigration that America can't keep up with?
Even tiny island nations like Jamaica don't seem to experience famine. Why is it only America that suddenly needs immigrants to feed themselves?
What are you talking about? America has a ton of options for jobs, and farming is undesireable even for illegal immigrants. Our solution will be technology, as it has been. Technology.

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
香港
Is this account like the right wing response to Orange_Man_Good from a couple days ago or something?

I mean, I understand a “fire with fire” approach. Just asking
It's a revolution, I'm telling you!

Orange_man_good, you are in our hearts forever.

Snorlocs

Jul 22, 2014
kingston, Jamaica

Jamaica is smaller than Florida and does not need as much food as the entire united states. Barring horrible droughts (which does happen) we can provide for ourselves. Also as someone that comes from a country that looks to America for immigrating, we do it because living in America generally allows us to make more money and live a better lifestyle than staying in Jamaica. My job pays me $3 per hour while the exact same job for the exact same company in America will pay between $15 and $20.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Jamaica is smaller than Florida and does not need as much food as the entire united states. Barring horrible droughts (which does happen) we can provide for ourselves. Also as someone that comes from a country that looks to America for immigrating, we do it because living in America generally allows us to make more money and live a better lifestyle than staying in Jamaica. My job pays me $3 per hour while the exact same job for the exact same company in America will pay between $15 and $20.
It's true that the U.S pays more but it's also because the U.S has really high standards of living.

I've been to Jamaica before so I understand first hand the kinds of differences that exist between 1st world nations, but I still don't see immigration as the answer. Unless there is a job that absolutely does not exist in a person's country, I would still rather see people stay and support their local economy.

In regards to food, I'm willing to bet that while Jamaica is smaller than Florida, the U.S produces an excess ton of food then it actually needs.
It's the only way to explain how they're both able to waste food as well as donate it to other countries as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/07/american-food-waste/491513/
https://abcnews.go.com/WN/Health/us-food-aid-contributing-africas-hunger/story?id=8939151

Last edited:

Snorlocs

Jul 22, 2014
kingston, Jamaica
It's true that the U.S pays more but it's also because the U.S has really high standards of living.

I've been to Jamaica before so I understand first hand the kinds of differences that exist between 1st world nations, but I still don't see immigration as the answer. Unless there is a job that absolutely does not exist in a person's country, I would still rather see people stay and support their local economy.

In regards to food, I'm willing to bet that while Jamaica is smaller than Florida, the U.S produces an excess ton of food then it actually needs.
It's the only way to explain how they're both able to waste food as well as donate it to other countries as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/07/american-food-waste/491513/
https://abcnews.go.com/WN/Health/us-food-aid-contributing-africas-hunger/story?id=8939151
I understand what you are saying but from the point of view from someone from the country, immigrating makes more sense fiscally. Upward mobility is reserved mainly for those that can afford it and many cannot so making a move to a country that will pay you enough to support yourself and send money home to your family, even if the pay is not much more than minimum wage, is what most people aspire to do.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I understand what you are saying but from the point of view from someone from the country, immigrating makes more sense fiscally. Upward mobility is reserved mainly for those that can afford it and many cannot so making a move to a country that will pay you enough to support yourself and send money home to your family, even if the pay is not much more than minimum wage, is what most people aspire to do.
But what kind of work are people immigrating to the U.S doing that they couldn't already do back home?

For example, you mention $15/h is a lot more than someone would make in Jamaica, which is true. But, it is also the absolute lowest salary someone could survive on in the U.S.
When you factor in the cost of renting, insurance, groceries, internet and cellphone plans etc, you would actually be barely above the poverty line.
In some places in America, you even need to be making at least $77,000 a year to survive.

I do not have U.S statistics on me, but in Canada 1/3rd of those homeless in Toronto are immigrants.

Now, maybe your job could be a doctor or a technician, in which case, the pay would be much more comfortable to live off. But now you run into the problem of brain drain. The best people who could be servicing these jobs on the island are now leaving for another country.

Last edited: