• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Tulsi Gabbard and Jocko Willink on Joe Rogan

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
My wife just showed me this. Gonna watch this while playing some more Red Dead. I keep saying this, but I really hope people are open to giving her a chance, or at least actually listening to what she says and not repeating the established Left mantra that she's a "plant" by the Russians/GOP.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
44 minutes in and this is pretty good

It's mostly centered on Tulsi, but having another military mind there that isn't politically invested in a party adds more to the discussion. Also, Jocko was an ops guy and Tulsi being a medic shows two perspectives of war.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
This video is why I support her. Even if I disagree with some of her policies, she is a leader.

I gotta say, I am surprised she straight up said the smear campaign against her is something larger than the DNC.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I appreciate all three of them for different reasons, so it’s great to see them together on a cast for three hours.

The end with the dominatrix banter, haha, there’s no other politician that could’ve gone on there and gotten them comfortable enough to crack jokes like that.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I love the conversation they have on impeachment.

I am fairly certain after watching this that the only reason she had for supporting impeachment was to give them - as in the establishment- enough rope to hang themselves with. Which is what I said back when she supported it.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
i disagree with a significant amount of her views on trump and things like twitter diplomacy and the like

we'd all like to see shared prosperity but it's not the way of the world

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011

This is the interview that Tulsi was talking about in regards to "fearing the Clinton retribution" following her resigning from the DNC to endorse Sanders because of his complete opposite stance on interventionist policies that Clinton had. Really honorable ass move all those years ago.

edit: Tesseract Tesseract How the hell this thread not move and then we post at the same exact time?

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Listened to it all. I think if people gave her a shot she'd surprise a lot of them. People should at least do themselves a favor and at least listen to what she has to say. She could easily be what everyone wanted Obama to be. The whole thing with her and Google is scummy as shit, they definitely are trying to railroad her. I'm not a Democrat at all and I'm on board for Gabbard. When she say's she goes onto Fox and other conservative outlets to try and reach as many people as possible, she's absolutely talking about people like me. People who sit kind of in the middle but lean more right. She's the most conservative candidate from the Dem's and I don't agree with her on everything at all. I don't agree with her stance on gun control, but she isn't anti 2nd amendment but she definitely wants to put restrictions on things that I don't agree with. I say her stance on almost every subject I could think of at least come off as reasonable and not batshit crazy.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
The story of Maine as a textile juggernaut in history and Jocko Willinik's Origin Maine company was good to get out there. It connects younger listeners as to why it is important to have manufacturing in our country and why it left in the first place. To appreciate that makes you both a nationalist and pro-worker, because that is one and the same.

Keep the money on our shores and promote out citizens quality of life not overseas. Literally, America First.

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
Reseters call her "Tulsi garbage".

Didn't know her... Now i share all her vids because she deserves it and just to piss them off too. ;)

Thanks, reseters.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Hopefully in the racist democrat evaluation, she has a double shield (non white + woman). She can survive the incoming shitstorm :)
Its funny that Joe brings up the whole intersectional thing. These people say give me minorities and women, and then they get one, not to mention a veteran, and they just keep shitting on her.

Jocko talking about the will of war is probably the most real thing said in a long time. He was totally right about WW1 and 2 soldiers understanding they were there till it was won or they were sent home in a box. The US hasn't had that will since either. Again some real shit.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Great point monegames monegames

Yeah, there are real consequences. Most people don't realize when talking about interventionism that these are real people. These are your family/neighbors/friends that are going and potentially dying. These aren't disposable people grown in a lab.

Being in the military is a hard sacrifice that most people would never, ever understand completely. But they should try.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
too many civilians don't have the stomach to tolerate what is necessary to win a war

when you have people calling guys like bush war criminals (all wars are crimes, geniuses), it's hard to get anything done with any determinacy

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
Seems like we all are from the Alt Right :messenger_tears_of_joy: :

A fun video about Warren and Yang here: (Andrew is a very sympathic guy who also deserves support since fake medias like MSNBC are black listing him. He has been "forgotten" over and over by the channel:
)

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
I finally got around to listening to this for a long holiday drive I had today. The point that is most interesting of all is how she really is such a perfect candidate for the party. She checks all of the check marks aside from being an absolutely institutionalized psycho. I am not a Democrat or Republican but would love to vote for her if I got the chance to.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Great podcast. Wasn't able to listen to it all yet. Isn't jocko a big jordan peterson fan?
Yeah, Jocko has had him on his podcast three times, and always speaks of him with great respect. All three of those episodes are worthwhile listens, but the most recent one goes deep into evil in the 20th century. Excellent stuff (not for the faint of heart of course):

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
yay and anti war candidate.

.She loves the war on Terror. I may listen or throw up in my mouth. I'm sure they justify killing their countries sons and also people in he middle east and all other parts of the world

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Tesseract

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
yay and anti war candidate.

.She loves the war on Terror. I may listen or throw up in my mouth. I'm sure they justify killing their countries sons and also people in he middle east and all other parts of the world
Im pretty sure she said (if you listened at all) that she is ANTI intervention.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
I can totally see myself voting for a Yang/Gabbard ticket in 2024. They are the only sane voices left in the Dem party.

• Thoughtful

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
The more I hear her talk, the more I like her.

It’s a shame she stands no chance against the mega-Dems but I would be happier with her as my candidate

great episode
I think she would have been a shoo-in for the nomination if she wouldn't have backed Bernie. Though that's probably why the people that like her now like her, for her principles.

Soltype

Mar 30, 2015
Such a shame she won't get the nomination, if she's smart she try and make moves on the republican side.She's seems genuine especially concerning the military.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Hah, Tulsi started getting fired up and dropped an f-bomb around 1:37:00.
I almost orgasmed when I heard that. When’s the last time you heard a politician say “fucking” in a sentence? She’s definitely growing on me.

Reactions: EviLore

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
I can totally see myself voting for a Yang/Gabbard ticket in 2024. They are the only sane voices left in the Dem party.
I like Sanders too. Hopefully he still has chances. (yeah Warren is making him weaker but Bloomberg could step by step eats Biden's votes)

About Yang...

Trump was kinda revenge of always insulted white males.
Maybe there could be now a revenge of ignored, laughed asian men.
(let's face it. "anti racism" is all about blacks, blacks, blacks : everywhere on commercial, movies... They are used as a flashy "see, i'm anti racist" flag.
What about real diversity ? Polynesians, tatars. Asians ? Yeah right there is "perv' Masuka in Dexter, a dude rejected by girls in mentalist an the usual weird hacker or scientist.
Asian are ignored or laughed at.
Maybe the monthly rise of Yang is a the sign of a sudden asian uprising (aside other people who like practical persons)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Finally got around to watching this in full, forgot about it, then saw this clip in my feed today, which just so happened to be a part of the interview that resonated most with me. Google, why you spyin on me? :pie_thinking:

Tulsi is a litmus test of the Democrat party. As an outsider to the Democrat party, I think she is exactly the kind of candidate Democrats would've fawned over in th 90s and 00s. The people who reject her now do not seem like true "Democrats" to me (again, simply speaking as an outsider, not an expert). 10 years ago, she could've easily taken the nomination from Obama when sentiments of "let's make this next election historic by voting in the first black president" were at their all-time highest.

This would've been her presidential "first" scorecard:

- first practicing Hindu
- first woman
- first samoan
- first female vet

She would've been able to accomplish twice as much as Obama and would've gotten the healthcare that Democrats promised when they were leading up to 2008.

Yet today, she is ostracized and smeared as a Russian.

Republicans also had a tea party movement recently and they largely survived the shakeup. Democrats do not seem to be handling theirs nearly as well. They are unrecognizable compared to how they were 10 years ago.

Aug 11, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I dig the JRE and have been a listener practically from day 1, but isn't it crazy that the best outlet for a presidential candidate to actually speak is on the podcast of a comedian/MMA commentator/the Fear Factor guy?

Pretty much the entire media has completely lost the plot and it's been funny to watch them scramble while self destructing.

But ya, good episode, Tulsi, Yang and (to a lesser extent) Bernie are the best candidates the dems have to offer, but they're pushing Biden and Warren. Silly

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Ornlu and EviLore

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Don't get me wrong, I dig the JRE and have been a listener practically from day 1, but isn't it crazy that the best outlet for a presidential candidate to actually speak is on the podcast of a comedian/MMA commentator/the Fear Factor guy?

Pretty much the entire media has completely lost the plot and it's been funny to watch them scramble while self destructing.

But ya, good episode, Tulsi, Yang and (to a lesser extent) Bernie are the best candidates the dems have to offer, but they're pushing Biden and Warren. Silly
It’s definitely weird, but it’s a choice between going on FOX/CNN/MSNBC (if you are even invited on) and having yourself be misrepresented or going on JRE and speaking your mind unedited. I know which one I would choose.

Also, the audience is slowly waking up to the mainstream media’s propaganda bullshit.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018

To second what you said; what's crazy to me is that Rogan has more viewers/listeners than most mainstream media combined. He has unreal popularity.