• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TurboGrafx-16 comes to Wii U VC tomorrow in NA with R-Type, New AI, And Bonk!

Dizzy-4U

Buying Lords of Thunder for the third time when it comes out.

edit: Wait, MSX is out in Japan? I'd buy Knightmare for a high price :(

Well that was sure as fuck unexpected.

And before either Sega console? What the hell? Why aren't those on there anyway, with the Sega presence on the 3DS VC? Makes no sense.

Neifirst

Konami rightfully gets a lot of criticism for its decisions on new projects, but they really have been great supporters of Wii U virtual console all along, and PSN as of late.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Not interested in VF additions till we get a proper unified cross platform unified vc. It should be like an ever growing hardware agnostic steam library. Not the shit we have now with separate vcs for ddifferent hardware.

How is that a "virtual" console?

After getting burned after buying a ton of vc. games on wii, not buying till this is fixed.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Can't open the link at work, is it said if we're getting discount for already having the games on Wii VC?

Kinda feels too little, too late.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
That's weird, especially when the PSN released were cancelled way back in 2011 for PC engine games.

Ban Puncher

tumblr_mml2xia1sZ1s9677oo1_r1_500.gif

radcliff

Konami rightfully gets a lot of criticism for its decisions on new projects, but they really have been great supporters of Wii U virtual console all along, and PSN as of late.

I'm still waiting for NES Contra for either the Wii or Wii U VC. The inferior MSX version is available in Japan for both so what is the holdup for the NES version? Talk about a glaring omission! Its one of the most iconic games for the NES!

Fuck yeah. I hope Star Parodier comes back. More people need to play that game.

EDIT: I also hope for a discount for previous owners of the Wii VC versions.

Javier

Man, I skipped on almost everything TG-16 on Wii VC. Only one I got was Dragon's Curse.

I'll be definitely checking these out.

ultrazilla

Oh hell yeah! Finally! The Wii U has amazing first party games, a few nice third party offerings and is my "go to" for retro/old school games! Just need Neo Geo and better offerings from Sega now!

Pokemaniac

Well that was sure as fuck unexpected.

And before either Sega console? What the hell? Why aren't those on there anyway, with the Sega presence on the 3DS VC? Makes no sense.

Sega barely has a presence on 3DS VC. There have been some Game Gear releases, but they're clearly much more interested in 3D classics.

Wii U has more input lag for VC titles than Wii VC does and Wii VC has had TurboGrafx games for years.

Don't do it.

While some people have found this to be the case (at least sometimes, it doesn't seem to affect everyone) with N64 games, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case across the board.

Vinland

Banned
Bout damned time. Definitely doing these 3 and am waiting for Y's book I and II, Rondo of Blood, SF2 (won't hold my breath), Lords of Thunder and Alien Crush.

MacTag

Banned
According to Nintendo's site D4 Enterprise is handing development for Konami. I don't think we knew that before but it makes sense since they also did MSX on Wii and Wii U for Konami.

Top Bottom