Turn-based RPG Spire of Sorcery casts an Early Access spell next week
Spire of Sorcery, a turn-based strategy RPG from indie studio Charlie Oscar, will enter Steam Early Access on October 21. The game pits a party of maligned mages against wicked creatures and an evil empire as they set out on a quest to help a sentient citadel, the titular Spire, mend a broken world.
Here's an overview of what you can expect from Spire of Sorcery in terms of major gameplay elements:
- Explore the original world of Rund to discover creatures, resources and recipes
- Cast spells, including combos, to affect opponents and trigger environmental effects
- Concoct substances that range from curative to explosive
- Prevail in encounters by combining the effects of spellscasting, alchemy & equipment
- Manage your party, considering mood and personal traits of its members
- Find new party members and increase their stats to reach their true potential
- Taste any resource that you find to modify the looks of your party members
- Collect resources to cook food that may taste great (or horrible)
- Expand the Spire with new rooms that offer new mechanics
- Break into ancient barrows, dispel cursed weepers & battle infection-ridden gigglers
- Resolve mini-stories that pose moral choices, affecting the mood of your party
Spire of Sorcery releases in Early Access for PC on October 21. The complete "1.0" version is slated to arrive by the end of 2022.
Source: RPG Site