• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turns out Rocksteady next game is another batman game

wipeout364

I think they should have done a Wonder Woman game. She would be perfect for their style of game as she is a brawler. I think other characters that would work well would be Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Nightwing as mentioned, or Harley Quinn.
But Wonder Woman is pretty big right now and 2019 is probably around the time the sequel will drop.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I think they should have done a Wonder Woman game. She would be perfect for their style of game as she is a brawler. I think other characters that would work well would be Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Nightwing as mentioned, or Harley Quinn.
But Wonder Woman is pretty big right now and 2019 is probably around the time the sequel will drop.

Same here I'd be glad to have a Wonder Women game

Problem is how many great villain does she has?

Ares, Cheetah...and..what else? People need to know more

I know Arkham Knight had too much batmobile and no boss battles, but do people really hate it that much? I thought the story was amazing. admittedly i didnt finish the game, but i did watch the youtube gameplay movie and i thought, damn i should have finished this. i thought the whole thing was amazing

wipeout364

Well a Batman Beyond Game would be nice I think. Would be kinda new and old at the same time...
Batman beyond is not that popular but I agree it would be a kick ass open world game concept and I would love it. All the high tech gear could be cool.

Stuart360

Surprising for me (i thought they had said they were done with Batman), but i'm very happy about this. Just no batmobile shite please, or atleast cut it down to specific story missions or something.

Strider311

I know Arkham Knight had too much batmobile and no boss battles, but do people really hate it that much? I thought the story was amazing. admittedly i didnt finish the game, but i did watch the youtube gameplay movie and i thought, damn i should have finished this. i thought the whole thing was amazing

I think it's a whole lot of hot air hyperbole. I thought Arkham Knight was a fantastic game that really showed how much Rocksteady had honed their craft.

D3SCHA1N

Much more interested in this being the case than if they were making a superman game. I was kind of on board with them doing justice league or something, but the best situation would be for WB to give them the license to create a wholly original IP...

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I wonder if the timing of this has anything to do with the other "Leak" earlier this week saying it was a Justice League game with multiple worlds.

Great way to throw people off the trail if either one of them is true. They can't retract a true leak ... but they can release a fake leak to create obfuscation.

Neolombax

Was kinda hoping that the Superman game rumor was true...not sure how I feel about another Batman game...

The description does sound like a good game though

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can't wait for it to start out seeming like it will be interesting just to end up Joker again.

Zimmy68

It is a waste of talented developers. They should let them doing something new.
It may be a good game but it doesn't matter because we won't get the game they would have made instead.

Opportunity cost abound.

That is one way of looking at it.
Here is another point of view:
How about Gearbox?
Their something new was the awesome Battleborn!
Now we have to wait even longer for Borderlands 3 which is what I really want.
It probably would have been released last year.

Give me as many Arkham games as they can churn out, I'll buy them all.

And please, give Arkham Knight an XB1X enhancement. I will buy it on there also.

Last edited:

Raptomex

Like yeah Assassins Creed has way more games but it's constantly changing its main characters and going to new locations and time periods.
This is the series I was thinking of without actually outing it. You could say the same about this series. I find the gameplay to never change enough between releases. Then again, I guess you could say the same about any series.

ruvikx

Banned
That is one way of looking at it.
Here is another point of view:
How about Gearbox?
Their something new was the awesome Battleborn!
Now we have to wait even longer for Borderlands 3 which is what I really want.
It probably would have been released last year.

Give me as many Arkham games as they can churn out, I'll buy them all.

And please, give Arkham Knight an XB1X enhancement. I will buy it on there also.

Visceral was another studio which some luminaries wanted to branch-out & make something different (including the geniuses over @ EA) because they were bored with Dead Space or smth. We got Battlefield Hardline & a Star Wars title which never reached anywhere near completion. The studio is now dead. RIP etc. Santa Monica studio also attempted something new after God of War III, i.e. an abandoned project which cost money & jobs. After that fiasco they went back & made the highly acclaimed God of War 2018.

So there's a certain sense in people often just sticking to what they're good at & not imagining they can turn everything to gold. There's plenty of room in the gaming industry for another Rocksteady Batman & I for one would be seriously hyped.

DangerStepp

I was actually excited to see them do something different or take a crack at another property. This is kind of a disappointment.

What does this mean for the leaked Harry Potter footage? Who is making that then?

Ballthyrm

Visceral was another studio which some luminaries wanted to branch-out & make something different (including the geniuses over @ EA) because they were bored with Dead Space or smth. We got Battlefield Hardline & a Star Wars title which never reached anywhere near completion. The studio is now dead. RIP etc. Santa Monica studio also attempted something new after God of War III, i.e. an abandoned project which cost money & jobs. After that fiasco they went back & made the highly acclaimed God of War 2018.

So there's a certain sense in people often just sticking to what they're good at & not imagining they can turn everything to gold. There's plenty of room in the gaming industry for another Rocksteady Batman & I for one would be seriously hyped.

Making good new IPs is really hard that's true, i wouldn't want the Devs to try something new just for the sake of it. A quality iteration is preferable than a shoddy new IP that's for sure.
The thing about that announcement is that it would be their 4th Batman, you would think they would have new idea by then or big enough feature they could twist in a new IP.

Overwatch was born of a Failed MMO.
Assassin Creed was born of a Failed Prince of Persia.

They could use the same engine with the same genre of game but without doing a Batman.
The thing we all have to consider is the Devs motivations, if they are tired of making the same game over and over again, they will leave and then you lose the momentum of a working team.

Top Bottom