• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turns out Rocksteady next game is another batman game

Wow, really? I personally think they've set themselves one heck of a high bar to cross with Arkham Knight. Reading the bullet points does make it sound like a must buy, though.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It will probably be great if true but man... I want them to try something else.

FranXico

"The whistleblower that dropped this hint also provided an intriguing amount of supposed game details for Batman: Arkham Universe:

• Release Date: Fall 2019
  • Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
  • Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
  • Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
  • Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
  • Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
  • Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
  • There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
  • Main Villain: Court of Owls
  • Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
  • Every character is available in free roam.
  • Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
  • Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
  • Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
  • Stealth segments make you work together
  • Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
  • Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
  • New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
  • takedown to get them down)
  • Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
  • Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
  • This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games."

Last edited:

FranXico

Looks like they are trying to make what Arkham Knight should have been, but people are kind of tired of this concept already.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Looks like they are trying to what Arkham Knight should have been, but people are kind of tired of this concept already.

The open world thing is completely played out, I never want to see the word "Arkham" again. Really, Asylum was the best one because it was basically a Metroid game where you played as Batman. The tighter focus actually made for a better game. Not sure when they're ever going to get it. Less is more.

Each new Batman has been "look at the bullet points of new shit we added" yet they're all worse than Asylum.

J3nga

Sounds silly tbh, series ended well with AK and personally to me left satisfactory ending I really don’t see why gamers need another batman game from rocksteady.

iorek21

In 2023, Rocksteady will release Batman Arkham Forever, which will obviously be the true last game of the franchise

"We promise", will say some random producer

Airbus Jr

Banned
Sounds silly tbh, series ended well with AK and personally to me left satisfactory ending I really don’t see why gamers need another batman game from rocksteady.

This is probably really the last one

The main villain is the courts of owl which is something we haven't seen in the game

If I remember there's a cartoon with it and they're bringing in batman sons Damien and his wife's Talia are also there

Would love to see Batman son and wife in this last game

But I'd I agree with you

This should be the last Batman game

I'm a big Batman fan but I think it's time for them to start something new after this one

Perhaps a Wonder Women or Aquaman game or something new something that is not a superhero game

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I'm sure there was a thread at Resetera about this rumour and the insiders debunked it and the thread was locked/deleted?

Ballthyrm

It is a waste of talented developers. They should let them doing something new.
It may be a good game but it doesn't matter because we won't get the game they would have made instead.

Opportunity cost abound.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can we change the clickbait thread title? This reeks of bullshit. I don't know why Rocksteady would come out a long time ago to say "It's not Batman" if they knew it was going to be Batman.

VulcanRaven

These sound great:

-Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
-There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth
-Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes

I hope this is true. I have been wanting a Batman game like this for a long time.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I hope Gotham has taller buildings this time. I have always imagined Gotham like this:
VZJTbVG.png

Last edited:

theHFIC

this makes a nice lead in for their followup to be next gen PS5 remasters of all the arkham games. we should be expecting a new, non-batman Rocksteady title by 2023!

Grinchy

Banned
I really liked the first Batman game a lot. I thought the second was still fun but I didn't play all the way through. I bought the 3rd one on a deep sale and played maybe 2 hours total. I'm just so done with that formula. I wish they'd do something new.

Ozrimandias

Arkham Asylum: A Gem
Arkham City: A Masterpiece
Arkham Origins: A Meh
Arkham Knight: A Gem that failed initially on PC
Arkham Universe: A..gain?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Current Gen, interesting
Arkham Asylum: A Gem
Arkham City: A Masterpiece
Arkham Origins: A Meh
Arkham Knight: A Gem that failed initially on PC
Arkham Universe: A..gain?
Origins is the best one thou...

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Even though I'm a huge batman fan, I was hoping for a Justice League or something new.

hope that horrid bat tank isn't in the game

-MD-

If that's the case then I'm glad I skipped the last 2 games, otherwise I'd just be exhausted.

VulcanRaven

I have a feeling that this isn't true. There is just too much info and I'm not sure about that name. I wonder if some other team is making a new Batman game if Rocksteady isn't? Arkham Knight was released in 2015 so I think WB is planning something.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Like I said earlier this rumour was debunked by Jason Schreier. It shouldn't be Batman but guess that possibility can't be 100% ruled out yet.

I have a feeling that this isn't true. There is just too much info and I'm not sure about that name. I wonder if some other team is making a new Batman game if Rocksteady isn't? Arkham Knight was released in 2015 so I think WB is planning something.
Well WB Montreal has been very quiet

Nivrap

Neo Member
I know Arkham Knight was really divisive, but I personally enjoyed it, and I can't wait for more, especially with Spider-Man making me wish that I had the silky-smooth stealth of a Batman game.

Top Bottom