• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 1 & 2 re-releasing on PC; Dinosaurs coming to Steam, GOG, etc.

So lemme tell you why I will forever dislike Turok 2. Back in 2000 when Perfect Dark was released for the N64. I asked my dad if I could get that game for Christmas (I was 6 years old at the time). He said sure why not. My brother (8 at the time) went behind my back and told my dad that I didn't want Perfect Dark but instead wanted Turok 2. My dad decided to not verify with me and listened to my brother and on Christmas morning when I went downstairs to open my gifts.. I open up a surprise to this damn box instead of Perfect Dark...

256px-Turok2box.jpg

I was pissed and my dad knew it too. So I had put it down somewhere in the house to later find my brother open up the damn game and started playing by myself. I will never forget that Christmas and I will never play Turok 2 again because of what happened that year.

Bros before dinos. :(

vocab

Turok 1 and 2 with high res and better frame rate sounds pretty damn good. That first level in two was long as hell!

G-Fex

So lemme tell you why I will forever dislike Turok 2. Back in 2000 when Perfect Dark was released for the N64. I asked my dad if I could get that game for Christmas (I was 6 years old at the time). He said sure why not. My brother (8 at the time) went behind my back and told my dad that I didn't want Perfect Dark but instead wanted Turok 2. My dad decided to not verify with me and listened to my brother and on Christmas morning when I went downstairs to open my gifts.. I open up a surprise to this damn box instead of Perfect Dark...

256px-Turok2box.jpg

I was pissed and my dad knew it too. So I had put it down somewhere in the house to later find my brother open up the damn game and started playing by myself. I will never forget that Christmas and I will never play Turok 2 again because of what happened that year.

PD isn't filled with giant empty boring levels and awful voice acting so I can understand your anger

legacyzero

Banned
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I just ripped my shirt off and ran through my office screaming "BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND!"

In my mind

Jawmuncher

Glad to see them both hitting. No reason for them to be held back. Also for posterity's sake they should look into bringing Turok Evolution as well.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I was playing through the first one quite recently - I still quite like it, but with no working Memory Pak I couldn't get past the first level.

I will absolutely snap both of these up and enjoy their freaky spined-but-not-finned Dimetrodons!

shandy706

Sweet, loved the Turok games.

My oldest daughter loves dinosaurs. These games are a bit violent, but I may let her try them.

LEGO Jurassic World was like every holiday rolled into one for her.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Oh my god. I just can't believe it. It's the best gaming news I've heard in ages.

This will be day one for me. I love Turok.

I recently played my US N64 version and the framerate was worse then I remember but still playable. The PC version should be brilliant.

@MUWANdo

Banned
What happened to Powerslave? :(

The guy behind the port pissed off the rights holders by freely distributing the engine with the full executable for some stupid reason.

Come to think of it, I wonder if that same guy is working on Turok; he's been talking about it for years, after all.

MadGear

I loved these games back then and IIRC Turok was even the or at least one of my first FPS ever. However, I really don't think I will do my fond memories of these games any favor by replaying them because what I remember of some of the older games and what these games actually are today is hardly ever the same and never in favor of the actual game.

SparkTR

Please put this on the PSN!!! I've wanted a digital version for years but I'm not a PC gamer.

Night Dive doesn't do ports, they only update older PC games for modern PCs. I thought this was the remaster being developed by Kaiser, but it doesn't seem like it is. This looks like the older PC versions with a 3DFX Glide wrapper around it for modern operating systems.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Night Dive doesn't do ports, they only update older PC games for modern PCs. I thought this was the remaster being developed by Kaiser, but it doesn't seem like it is. This looks like the older PC versions with a 3DFX Glide wrapper around it for modern operating systems.

Don't the PC ports have the fog hard-coded in? Yuck.

MiguelItUp

Wow, this is awesome, I'm definitely on board! I played the first two SO much, I can't wait to absorb the nostalgia. It'd be REALLY cool if you could still do split screen multiplayer on 2.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I can't remember if I played both or just one of them, but I played at least some Turok (probably the second one) on N64 and I remember I liked it so much.

I really like Night Dive. Bringing us amazing games of the past.

Amazed there are no WiiU port beggars in this thread
Come on, that's very unnecessary. It's as silly as someone asking for a Wii U port, if not even slightly more so because of the passive aggressiveness.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have fond memories of playing the 2 games, especially the second one. But i fear that they haven't aged well and that replaying them will ruin my nostalgia.

SparkTR

I have fond memories of playing the 2 games, especially the second one. But i fear that they haven't aged well and that replaying them will ruin my nostalgia.

I still think they're pretty good. They're basically collectathon FPSs, as a fan of N64 era 3D platformers I found these games to be very enjoyable.

Cant wait.

No Turok 3 love?

Never released on PC, but now that emulated PS1 games are on Steam maybe an emulated Turok 3 can release on Steam.

Cess007

What? Not Turok Rage Wars? That game was fuckin awesome for MP Arena.

Edit. Aw, just noticed. There was no PC release for Rage Wars :(

Top Bottom