• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok demo online on Euro XBL - Impressions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bishoptl said:
Making cracks about what you like/hate about the demo? No problem, I've had it here before, even on the most highly rated game I worked on. Busting on our hard work as PS2-equivalent? ORLY? Stick your neck out, if you like.

So how 'bout all those people around here that basically shit on Halo 3 saying it was nothing but Halo 2 HD? Or Forza 2? I'm sure a lot of people over at Turn 10 and Bungie did a lot of hard work too. What about Dyack? That guy gets nothing BUT shit around here and I'm sure SK aren't sitting on their hands doing nothing.

Seriously, if you're going that route, half this forum should be banned.

Helzown

bishoptl said:
Helzown, play through again and look for the sticky gun outside of the log in the first dilo v. raptor encounter. Then dual-wield it and the shotgun flare for sexy results.

Haha, that's some destructive fun right there. This is a man's game.

Apollo said:
Endless your pictures suck. You have the sharpness level to high on your TV while taking pictures of the 360 version; but turn it off for the PS3 shots. Learn to take pictures and calibrate your TV.

Does that mean the 360 and PS3 shots are being stitched together to make those comparison pics? It looks as if the 360 and PS3 are sharing the same screen at the same time, i.e. taking half each. I don't know much about TVs so I don't actually know if that's possible or not :p

Speevy

Banned
I think I speak for a great many forumers when I say I'm sick of reading reviews that have to clarify "Unfortunately, the PS3 version..."

It's one thing for a game to have some aliasing issues.

It's quite another to remove a whole coat of paint. But if the PS3 is that much of a problem, say as much.

Helzown

Wow, I just looked at those comparison pics. And I was playing it on the PS3 :lol

Either way I was gonna get the final version on the 360 for rumble, and I got a good taste of the gameplay.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
So how 'bout all those people around here that basically shit on Halo 3 saying it was nothing but Halo 2 HD? Or Forza 2? I'm sure a lot of people over at Turn 10 and Bungie did a lot of hard work too. What about Dyack? That guy gets nothing BUT shit around here and I'm sure SK aren't sitting on their hands doing nothing.

That's exactly what I thought.

Bishoptl, I wasn't expecting you to let AV's remark go by without a rebuttal, but is a 3-month ban really your definition of "couldn't let that go unchallenged"? Really, now.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
CurseoftheGods said:

Bishoptl, I wasn't expecting you to let AV's remark go by without a rebuttal, but is a 3-month ban really your definition of "couldn't let that go unchallenged"? Really, now.

bish is overly defensive.

He gave me a month ban a while back for mistakenly thinking Turok didn't have matchmaking.

CurseoftheGods said:

Disgraceful.

A lot of people got banned for commenting on Halo 3 (specifically the WIP visual quality), and as I recall it Bish was one of the more active moderators there. Now there are plenty of games that are seemingly fair game for even mindless trolling around here, but Halo 3 sure as hell wasn't one of those games.

It's fucking Turok for Christ sakes, you fuckers should be glad to be even playing another Turok game. Shit, I want another Dino Crisis, shit graphics our not, but the new Turok is actually decent. Fucking complainers. Had to wait like 850 years for the new Bionic Commando to come out lol, be glad that they revitalized a good IP, and did a decent job.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

You must have missed the number of bans handed out in both the H3 and Forza 2 thread by myself and others. Of course, you have your goggles firmly planted and I'd expect nothing less from you.

And Cerrius, your so-called "mistaken" post was anything but in tone.

If you want to bitch about the modding, take it to PM. Or else it'll get a lot more active in here, b'lee dat.

Zen

Banned
It seems ok so far. I actually deleted the demo but I might re download it and give it another try. The aiming feels very off on the PS3 version, and I found that the 'shotgun' style weapon have an absurd amount of recoil to it. Really there didn't seem to be anything special about it, but it got my attention a little bit when it came to the knife kills. I feel like it beign centered around bald space marines was a mistake, it was when I was using a knife, and a ow that things had the most gravity. It would have been cool to have focused more so, less on the high tech, and gone for low tech ish Apocalypto style stuff.

Drewsy

Banned
EverSoTrendy said:
It's fucking Turok for Christ sakes, you fuckers should be glad to be even playing another Turok game. Shit, I want another Dino Crisis, shit graphics our not, but the new Turok is actually decent. Fucking complainers. Had to wait like 850 years for the new Bionic Commando to come out lol, be glad that they revitalized a good IP, and did a decent job.

Just slapping a name on something doesn't make everyone happy. I don't remember there being space marines in Turok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Hd-iOmGs4).

This is the Turok I remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4zIVLJw7fE

I just think more fan service should have been done, as opposed to this "reimagining" of Turok.

goldenpp72

"Goggles firmly planted"......oh for the love of god.....

I must be thinking about some other place then.

lmao.jpg

Mojovonio

Banned
Bish, you are seriously conflicted.

You were a great PR person for the game, saying how the game looked exactly alike on both consoles, when in fact, they don't.

You used your status on gaf (being one of the cool mods) to assure everyone. And everyone trusted you. Why wouldn't they? You see how much everyone complains when a company doesn't bother much with the PS3 port. And I sympathize with them. You have games like Uncharted looking amazing, so its not that the power isn't there, its that developers don't see the need in spending extra time on a version that won't sell.

And I sympathize with you as well. You guys worked hard, I appreciate that.

But you have customers that aren't happy.

Threatening people and bannings FOR YOUR GAME when you don't apply the same logic in other threads where people poo poo games graphics is fucking bullshit.

Look at the COD4 thread. There was no retaliation from you or any of the other mods in there. It became unbearable.

You could have been honest with us from the getgo, because a lot of users may consider you their friend, and maybe they feel betrayed.

After all, the only reason you have a job, is because of us, the paying customer. It may help to listen to us every once and a while.

After looking at that comparison link...Dear lord, the difference between the 2 version is insane. I downloaded it on my PS3, which explains why my first impression was one of "eh". After playing the demo however, ill only be gameflying this.

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
If you work for a developer and have a tender ass, this is one place you're better off not moderating or even reading.

Gattsu25

Banned
Dunno about you guys, but I liked that demo (PS3) come in here to say I'm likely to get the PS3 version...and then I saw the comparison screens :eek:

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Well, I guess I'm still looking forward to checking out both versions of the demos myself.

Does the PS3 version really look that much worse?

Mojovonio

Banned
chespace said:
Well, I guess I'm still looking forward to checking out both versions of the demos myself.

If Che was a mod, half of the forum would be banned.

BTW, Forza 2 sucks.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mojovonio said:
Threatening people and bannings FOR YOUR GAME when you don't apply the same logic in other threads where people poo poo games graphics is fucking bullshit.
Meh. As stated before - and conveniently ignored by the usual suspects - I was more than active handing out bans in the Halo 3 and Forza 2 threads when the knives were out in force. Who do you think not only gave a sticky to the Forza 2 Liveries thread, but ensured it stayed up at the top for as long as it did? If other mods have their issues with certain games, you can take that up with them, not me.

As for the graphical differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, I explained what changes we made in order to ensure that the game stayed at a solid framerate for both systems. Snarking off about whether or not it's backwards compatible? Hey, go ahead - but be prepared to pay the piper afterwards. That said, I did react harshly and have reduced AV's ban accordingly.

Oh yeah, with known trolls like UncleGuito suddenly taking up the charge on behalf of PS3 owners everywhere, it's rather obvious where shit is coming from. :lol

As for the comparison pics, I couldn't care less. I've got both demos on my Samsung DLP and they both look great.

Moving on...

edit: adjusted for good English talk stuff :p

Gattsu25 said:
Dunno about you guys, but I liked that demo (PS3) come in here to say I'm likely to get the PS3 version...and then I saw the comparison screens :eek:

I played through the PS3 demo yesterday, and I found the game to be mediocre at its best.

I'll download the XBL demo later tonight, but I doubt it will be a drastically different experience.

beerbelly

Banned
I don't know about your company's policy, Bishoptl, but I have a feeling it's not appropriate to comment too much on the graphical differences. Leave that for PR people.

Gattsu25

Banned
CurseoftheGods said:
I played through the PS3 demo yesterday, and I found the game to be mediocre at its best.

I'll download the XBL demo later tonight, but I doubt it will be a drastically different experience.
the demo should now be available for american Silver members, no?

edit: I know you guys epect perfect mods..but they are just people...insulting something that someone in power worked on has never been, and continues to not be, a good fucking idea. quit crying and think before you post

chespace said:

Bish implied that the PS3 demo is based of not completly optimized code but....just look at those screens man.

goldenpp72

Gattsu25 said:
the demo should now be available for american Silver members, no?

No, unfortunately us paying members got fucked while the non paying folks didn't. Unless you live in a non united states area :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
beerbelly said:
I don't know about your company's policy, Bishoptl, but I have a feeling it's not appropriate to comment too much on the graphical differences. Leave that for PR people.
Thanks for your concern, but it's fine.

bishoptl said:
Meh. As stated before - and conveniently ignored by the usual suspects - I was more than active handing out bans in the Halo 3 and Forza 2 threads when the knives were out in force. Who do you think not only gave a sticky to the Forza 2 Liveries thread, but ensured it stayed up at the top for as long as it did? If other mods have their issues with certain games, you can take that up with them, not me.

As for the graphical differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, I explained what changes we made in order to ensure that the game stayed at a solid framerate for both systems. Snarking off about whether or not it's backwards compatible? Hey, go ahead - but be prepared to pay the piper afterwards. That said, I did react harshly and have reduced AV's ban accordingly.
As for the comparison pics, I could care less. I've got both demos on my Samsung DLP and they both look great.

Moving on...

sorry if you have already answered the question in this crazy thread...but are sacrifices for the sake of framerate only for the demo of the ps3 version or are they going to be in the final version too?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Mojovonio said:
If Che was a mod, half of the forum would be banned.

BTW, Forza 2 sucks.

The hell?

Carry on, dickheads.

Going back to lurk mode. :lol

Z3F

Banned
Bishop, now that your game is finished, can you talk about the difficulties of making a multiplatform game for the PS3? Does the PS3 have some fundamental issues that make it difficult for multiplatform development?

Core407

Banned
Z3F said:
Bishop, now that your game is finished, can you talk about the difficulties of making a multiplatform game for the PS3? Does the PS3 have some fundamental issues that make it difficult for multiplatform development?

Yeah, it requires you to have a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom