• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok steam launch trailer

e73GLlQ.png

what a day to be alive
Indeed

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some comparison pictures

before
7TQYNWr.png

after
2rF9iUK.jpg

before

EQamOu9.png

after
Mmh7lXt.jpg

before
aktnH0U.png

after

amC8Guz.jpg

they have also changed some map layouts by a little bit, for instance the second key you pick up in first level is in a completey new area, where as before it was by climbing up at a wall behind some bushes.

DMTripper

I remember loving this on the N64! Unfortunately I also remember getting stuck somewhere and never finishing it :-(

Really cool to see it again!

RoadDogg

I was waiting all day to get this and it is finally live and $20 :(. I was ready to go at $10, but at $20 I am waiting for a sale.

Edit: 20% off, for $15.99. I will still wait for $9.99.

Wait, Turok was a game where you collected Doritos and had dinosaurs shooting at you? That is so 90s!

And then he takes a swig of mountain dew every time you find a key. That shit is just so ill.

Tubular.
some comparison pictures

before
7TQYNWr.png

after
2rF9iUK.jpg

before

EQamOu9.png

after
Mmh7lXt.jpg

before
aktnH0U.png

after

amC8Guz.jpg

they have also changed some map layouts by a little bit, for instance the second key you pick up in first level is in a completey new area, where as before it was by climbing up at a wall behind some bushes.

The difference in fog, default fov, etc. all make this a must have in comparison to the first port and game on 64. This looks great.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh wow. They added real time reflections in the water. Nice touch indeed.

Also there is an option to bring the fog back close for purists.

This is amazing so far. Playing with the Xbox One Gamepad on a 65" Curved 4K.

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a youth that I would be doing this in 2015....

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Turok - Dinosaur Hunter

find file named config

seta cl_maxfps "60"

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wow.

This is a fantastic remaster thus far.

Runs great, looks great considering, nice little touches like reflections, god rays, and texture retouches, a great control scheme.

Also, this gameplay hold up WAY better than expected. And jumping is way easier with modern controls and framerate.

If you are a Turok fan in the least, buy this.

Bl@de

Great ...

Game doesn't launch

-.-

I'm not Turok :(

Just idles around and never even bothers to start (GOG Version).

How do you change resolution?

And the game is forced borderless windowed I think, but the taskbar is visible at the bottom (minimized)... anyone know how to change that?

edit: Nevermind, it's all in the config file!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How do you change resolution?

And the game is forced borderless windowed I think, but the taskbar is visible at the bottom (minimized)... anyone know how to change that?

options video for res and window mode and border etc

options graphics for graphics like aa shadows bloom etc.

options game play for crosshair disable start up videos and death videos and remove or add fog. and other lil tweaks.

bede-x

It's a shitty confusing pathway game but the nostalgia is big.

Something that was made even worse on N64 where the map would flicker on later levels, because the system had trouble handling it. Still it'll be a nice change of pace from gaming these days where you just hold up to follow an objective marker, never actually having the opportunity to discover anything for yourself.

Top Bottom