• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok steam launch trailer

HELL YEAH
T-Rex, You Going down son!
funny-cat-fighting-toy-dinosaur-gif-01.gif

Glix

Lol its weird without the dense fog.

Man did I love this game when it came out. The control scheme on N64 was AWESOME for the time. Especially using two controllers so you could have two analog sticks

TheUsual

Gold Member
Nostalgia is flooding back!
Definitely want to play again (of course with cheats and use that chrono weapon to annihilate everything :) )

eshwaaz

Lol its weird without the dense fog.

Man did I love this game when it came out. The control scheme on N64 was AWESOME for the time. Especially using two controllers so you could have two analog sticks
I used the "left handed" config, which was movement on the d-pad, aim with the analog stick - pretty much what became the FPS standard on console. Rage Wars didn't offer that option, which rendered that game unplayable for me.

On topic - I'll definitely be checking out Turok HD. I want it to do well enough that they do the same for Turok 2 - loved that game, but holy hell the framerate was atrocious (especially if you used the RAM pak to run at an astounding 640 X 480).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yes. Game pad support?

full game pad,4k and higher 60fps with unlocks in cfg, modding support with workshop later,

turok 2 getting same treatment plus multiplayer, and there is also talk of turok 3, the 360 version coming to steam too and a sequel

GavinUK86

That is some shitty ass font.

Game looks great though. I haven't played Turok in years.

full game pad, 60fps with unlocks in cfg, modding support with workshop later,

turok 2 getting same treatment plus multiplayer, and there is also talk of turok 3, the 360 version coming to steam too and a sequel

It's not even 60fps from the get go? Why are they advertising it in the trailer then?

fuck yes, day 1
Hope you can disable the tilting effect when strafing though, this shit's gonna make me puke lol

what's the price ? 5, 10$ ?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That is some shitty ass font.

Game looks great though. I haven't played Turok in years.

It's not even 60fps from the get go? Why are they advertising it in the trailer then?

meaning unlock higher than 60fps in cfg

I've always wanted to play Turok but instead, I got that garbage experience that was the PS3 version. This one seems right up my alley.

I see them there, in my restless dreams... Those glowing triangles... Strangely scattered amongst the foliage.

Can't wait to replay, really excited to see that dense fog removed even if the "atmosphere" is lessened to a degree.

I kinda think the T-Rex fight looked better with the black fog. The rest of it looks like an improvement for sure.
Me too but yeah not gonna stop!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looks like i got a fan on the turok video comments

Had to close it. I was getting motion sickness just by looking at it... Which already happened for me with both Turok 1 and 2 on PC, but I did not expect it to happen with just a trailer

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Had to close it. I was getting motion sickness just by looking at it... Which already happened for me with both Turok 1 and 2 on PC, but I did not expect it to happen with just a trailer

im speaking with the guy who made video whos a beta tester and said it was just him straffing really weird etc, there isnt no tilting strafe as such just the way he played.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I wonder how the remake compares to the N64 though an emulator?

Does it include some of the goofier cheat codes? I imagine some of those may be tricky to replicate.

Would be fun if they include the German robots as an option, too.

Looking forward to picking this up later today. Man, I tell ya: Kojima/Sony partnership and FFVI yesterday, TUROK today, STAR WARS this weekend, not to mention all the great announcements we've had in 2015... good time to be a gamer!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
full game pad,4k and higher 60fps with unlocks in cfg, modding support with workshop later,

This post just made my life.

Grief.exe

Awesome trailer!

...why did I have to scroll down into the comments?

Playing at 144 FPS

ZrsdgWx.gif

joedan

- Turok still has the best control scheme for any FPS. [See: Goldeneye Solitaire, Perfect Dark 1.2]

- Platforming in this game was a nightmare!...except...if you ignore the surroundings and just use the map overlay. So that's my advice - use the map overlay to jump on platforms.

- Turok weapons have always been cool.

- Turok and Mario64 were some of the first 3D games I played. Both games gave me motion sickness real bad.

Bydobob

Oh yes, got goosebumps watching that! It's been god knows how many years but still recognise many of those sections. I wonder how well the platforming will be received nowadays, I think people might be in for a shock.

Top Bottom