• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV fucking sucks

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm not sure TV has ever been great, but I do think you can find some interesting shows, streaming and guides have improved greatly especially if you're a cable cutter.

Jubenhimer

TV is just like any medium. You get a lot of crap, but you also get good stuff as well. That's how its always been, and that's how it will always be till the end of time. Sturgeon's Law, 90% of everything is shit, only 10% is good. The 10% is what people will truly remember and enjoy, while everything else is tossed to the wayside and forgotten.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't even own a TV, I just watch everything online for free. I've been doing this ever since I moved out on my own back in 2012.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I haven't watched TV in 15 years. I've also never bought an HD flat screen TV. Still using the same 27" CRT monitor that I've had since the 90s as well. That's right. Bow down to your new god.

Elcid

Banned
I rarely turn it on these days, but thought I'd check if there were any good movies on tonight. These are my choices:

Footloose
Steel Magnolias
Jupiter Ascending

Throws TV out the window
That's why we have videogames, here, in this video game forum.

GymWolf

In italy we have ultra-shitty tv in general so i cut the cable like 15 years ago without a single regret...

Mission Impossible 2 on tonight. SBS world movies coming July 1, interesting to see what they have on it, probably what's on SBS on demand. Tomorrow there's Blood Diamond and Bram Stoker's Dracula. TV is alive and well

lock2k

Banned
Netflix earned half of what the most powerful TV channel in Brazil (Globo TV) earned last year.

And most people here share accounts. If everyone who watched Netflix had a subscription, it would be even higher.

Traditional broadcast TV is screwed. Younger people and older tech savvy people don't want to waste time with broadcasts anymore.

Hell, I realized I don't have patience for TV anymore. Tried to watch some channels and I was bored out of my skull... the only ones I can still stand watching are cartoon channels.

Bullet Club

never watched the 2nd one, should i?
It's enjoyably bad.

l2NYMto.png

Jayjayhd34

There's loads of decent shows to watch. Blacklist is phenomenal agents of shield titans doom patrol arrowverse doctor who line of duty.

I suppose its personnel taste but would surprised if you can't enjoy a few of shows I listed, especially blacklist as fucking awesome.

Top Bottom