• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Pilots |OT| The Season's Dead, But Development Hell is Forever

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
For reals? (As in, this is a real thing?)

Starz Developing Ballet Drama Produced By Lawrence Bender

Starz has put in development a drama project from feature producer Lawrence Bender (Inglourious Basterds) and Breaking Bad co-executive producer Moira Walley-Beckett. Written by Walley-Beckett, the untitled project is described as a dark and gritty series that unflinchingly explores the dysfunctional underbelly of the ballet world.

It follows a young female ballet dancer, Claire, who has a distinctly troubled past as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York.

Bender is executive producing with Kevin Brown (Roswell) through their Bender-Brown Prods, as well as Walley-Beckett. All three have strong connections to the ballet world. Bender and Walley-Beckett are former ballet dancers, and Brown’s family is made up entirely of former ballet dancers and was the basis for the 1977 feature The Turning Point, which earned 11 Oscar nominations.

We already have one tho

csQGOfU.gif

Gritty?

Fox is done with drama orders. These two sound interesting, will read.

Wild Blue sounds sort of cool. Gang Related :/.

ivysaur12

Banned
@franklinavenue
ABC comedy pilot: BAD MANAGEMENT. Self-centered female boss whose boss' son comes to town. Sharon Horgan, Holly Walsh writers.

EVERYONE TAKE A SHOT.

CANADIAN IMPORT 2013 AT ABC:

ABC PICKS UP THRILLING NEW DRAMA SERIES “MOTIVE” FOR SUMMER 2013

ABC has picked up “Motive,” a thrilling crime drama from the executive producer of “Dexter” and “The Mentalist,” with a unique twist focusing not on who did the crime, but why the crime was committed in the first place. The 13-episode drama is scheduled to air in Summer 2013 on the ABC Television Network.

When murder is committed, Angie Flynn, a loving, single mother and a damned good detective, along with her partner, Detective Oscar Vega, are on the case, looking for clues that will lead them to the killer. But “Motive” turns the tried-and-true crime drama formula on its head by indentifying the killer and victim at the beginning of each episode. These storylines are then further explored via stylized flashbacks which piece together more of the mysterious connection between the two characters and what drove the killer to commit murder.

“Motive” stars Kristin Lehman (“The Killing,” “Judging Amy”) as Detective Angie Flynn, Louis Ferreira (“SGU Stargate Universe,” “Rookie Blue”) as Detective Oscar Vega, Lauren Holly (“NCIS,” “Chicago Hope,” “Picket Fences”) as Dr. Betty Rogers, Roger Cross (“24,” “Arrow”) as Staff Sergeant Boyd Bloom, Brendan Penny as Detective Brian Lucas and Cameron Bright (“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2”) as Manny Flynn.

“Motive” was created by Daniel Cerone (“Dexter,” “The Mentalist”), who executive-produces the show along with Louise Clark, Rob Merilees, Erin Haskett, Rob LaBelle, Lindsay Macadam and James Thorpe. Developed by CTV, the series is produced by Foundation Features and Lark Productions in association with Bell Media and distributed by NBCUniversal International.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
*takes shot*

So... Motive is just Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Link

The Autumn Wind
@TVGuideMagazine
Fox drama pilot: GANG RELATED. Gang member infiltrates the San Francisco PD's gang task force. Chris Morgan writer. 20th TV, Imagine TV.
I can already see how this is going to play out: Thanks to his intimate knowledge of gang lifestyle, everyone thinks he's a rockstar task force member, except for the one officer that suspects the truth, but can never quite prove it. Lots of close calls and promising leads that get squashed just in time!

So Black Swan: The Series?

ivysaur12

Banned
I can already see how this is going to play out: Thanks to his intimate knowledge of gang lifestyle, everyone thinks he's a rockstar task force member, except for the one officer that suspects the truth, but can never quite prove it. Lots of close calls and promising leads that get squashed just in time!

The Mob Policeman.

Also, Moira Walley-Beckett is great. I'm very curious of this series.

ivysaur12

Banned
Previously titled Crazy Gene, the comedy centers on Karey, the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts, and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted African American son and give them the normal lives they deserve.

For ABC. That sounds not broad.

I'll update the OP tonight. I might be out of room soon. Stop ordering pilots!

beat

Infernal Affairs: The Series?

Edit: actually, yeah, let's have an undercover cop in the gang too. Shoot, let's make him a childhood friend of the main character. (I don't think that's quite how Infernal Affairs did it, but what the hell.)

ivysaur12

Banned
Jeffrey Reiner (Awake) will direct NBC’s drama pilot The Sixth Gun, a Carlton Cuse-produced adaptation of the Oni Press graphic novel. Written by Ryan Condal, The Sixth Gun, produced by Uni TV, is a supernatural Western which follows the story of six mythical guns, each with its own other-worldly powers. WME-repped Reiner has deep ties with NBC and Uni TV. He was director/exec producer on Friday Night Lights and also directed the pilots for the NBC series Trauma and The Event, which he executive produced. He most recently directed Jason Katims’ NBC/Uni TV pilot County last season. But it is the NBC pilot he directed the season before that will probably stir debate among Sixth Gun fans — in 2011 Reiner helmed another comic book adaptation, David E. Kelley’s much talked about Wonder Woman.

DISCUSS!

(The problem with Wonder Woman was the script, so whatever. The Sixth Gun script is really good, though I've never read the source material)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
DISCUSS!

(The problem with Wonder Woman was the script, so whatever. The Sixth Gun script is really good, though I've never read the source material)

Interesting premise (not familiar with the comic either) but Carlton Cuse's involvement is enough to keep me away until positive reviews/impressions start to come in. (assuming it gets picked up to series)

ivysaur12

Banned
Israel -> US adaptation track record;

CBS - The Ex List - 1 season flop
Showtime - Homeland - Smash success
HBO - In Treatment - Success
FOX - Traffic Light - sub-1 season flop

50/50, if it goes to show, I guess :p

Well this is a multicam from the producers of Rules of Engagement, so.

@franklinavenue
CBS drama pilot: SECOND SIGHT. UK format about a homicide detective who's going blind. Writers Michael Cuesta (also dir.), Gerald Cuesta.

These sound like Jack Donahey shows.

ivysaur12

Banned
@TVGuideMagazine
CBS comedy pilot: CRAZY ONES. @RobinWilliams works with his daughter. David E. Kelley writer. @JasonWiner director. http://ow.ly/hpxlw

(Single cam)

‏@TVGuideMagazine
CBS drama pilot: INTELLIGENCE. Cyber Command agent implanted w/microchip that accesses the electromagnetic spectrum. Michael Seitzman writer

@TVGuideMagazine
CBS drama pilot: ANATOMY OF VIOLENCE. Criminal psychologist teams with young female detective. Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Alex Cary writers

@TVGuideMagazine
CBS drama pilot: INTELLIGENCE. Cyber Command agent implanted w/microchip that accesses the electromagnetic spectrum. Michael Seitzman writer

Would this be similar to the power that the Autistic character from Alphas had? I know it doesn't specify but I can't really see how it would be manifested any differently...

ivysaur12

Banned
I still need to update the OP. My apologizes.

ABC Family ordered two new pilots to series: Twisted (fka Socio) and The Fosters. A third, Terminales, looks like it could also get the greenlight.

Twisted is described a mystery centered on a charismatic sixteen-year-old (Avan Jogia), with a troubled past who recently reconnected with his two female best friends from childhood. He becomes the prime suspect when a fellow student is surprisingly found dead in her home.

Created/executive produced by Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige (Queer As Folk), The Fosters is about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms.

Milabrega

Would this be similar to the power that the Autistic character from Alphas had? I know it doesn't specify but I can't really see how it would be manifested any differently...

Probably exactly like that. CBS already took a cable formula that worked once and adapted it for their network block with Psych:The Mentalist.

I don't have a link handy but apparently the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot wrapped today.

Edit: http://www.hitfix.com/news/marvel-and-joss-whedons-s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot-wraps-production

"S.H.I.E.L.D." explores the inner-workings of the government organization at the center of much of the Marvel movie universe. The pilot stars Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet as Skye. Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) -- who apparently died in "The Avengers" -- is also returning.

The pilot and (and series, if picked up) takes place after "The Avengers," and will likely tie directly into such upcoming Marvel films as "Iron Man 3," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Thor: The Dark World" and "The Avengers 2."

What?

TripOpt55

ivysaur12

Banned
I remember him on this show with Joanna Garcia a few years ago. I think it aired between a couple of shows I watched. Maybe The Middle and Modern Family. Anyway, always thought he was quite funny on there even if the show was kind of meh.

Yup. Better with You. A completely mediocre sitcom with an incredible cast.

beat

W00t!!! BFFs 2.0?
USA has given a pilot presentation order to a single-camera comedy written by and starring Upright Citizens Brigade alums Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, the duo behind NBC's Best Friends Forever. The Office's Zach Woods is eyed for another role in the project, directed by Jeffrey Blitz whose credits include The Office and Parks & Recreation.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pushing Daisies' Lee Pace to Headline AMC Period Drama Halt & Catch Fire

Pushing Daisies‘ Lee Pace is dipping his toe back in the TV waters as the star Halt & Catch Fire, an AMC drama pilot from Breaking Bad EP Mark Johnson.

Set in the early 1980s, Halt & Catch Fire chronicles the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas’ Silicon Prairie.

:O Whoa!

Top Bottom