• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

Jaybe

Gold Member
I often think of restarting Game Of Thrones but the last season was such hot diarrhea that it unfortunately soiled the whole series for me.
I was thinking the same and might research if there’s an end point that’s good enough to stop at vs. going to the very end.

GeekyDad

Finally went back and continued watching Mindhunter Season 1. That has got to be, perhaps, the most authentic and well-made crime drama I've ever watched. But it's also so, so creepy and unnerving. Whew. And the soundtrack (namely what's playing in the background, not necessarily the song tracks) is just so perfect. They kinda nail everything. Will probably try to take some time off before continuing on with Season 2, but kudos.

clarky

Gold Member
Finally went back and continued watching Mindhunter Season 1. That has got to be, perhaps, the most authentic and well-made crime drama I've ever watched. But it's also so, so creepy and unnerving. Whew. And the soundtrack (namely what's playing in the background, not necessarily the song tracks) is just so perfect. They kinda nail everything. Will probably try to take some time off before continuing on with Season 2, but kudos.

Fucking Criminal Fincher dropped this, fantastic show and they were building upto something great with the BTK storyline.

Still feel robbed.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Fucking Criminal Fincher dropped this, fantastic show and they were building upto something great with the BTK storyline.

Still feel robbed.

It was Netflix that dropped the show because of its high budget and because Fincher didn't want to dumb it down to make it more digestible for a larger audience. So blame Netflix, not Fincher.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I side with Netflix on the Mindhunter cancelation. I find detailed plots and smarter-than-thou dialogue confusing, and you're basically stealing from Netflix if they put a big budget behind a show.

I just want pretty colors and soothing voices and
bad movies endless trash GIF

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Just stumbled on "Drunk History" on Paramount +

Used to watch those on Funny or Die back in the day 😄

GeekyDad

It was Netflix that dropped the show because of its high budget and because Fincher didn't want to dumb it down to make it more digestible for a larger audience. So blame Netflix, not Fincher.

It's hopeful to learn that someone actually upheld the integrity of their creation. Very much worth it.

Will be looking for more work from this person, for sure.

GeekyDad

Just finished The Americans , top tier television.
Will have to check it out. Thanks
Avatar last airbender cartoon. It was good but I felt like but overrated by imdb
My kids liked it when they were little. My wife and I would watch it with 'em when new episodes would come on. It was good for what it was -- a neat kids' show.

Just started The Good Wife. Kinda lovin' it so far.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Just finished episode 10, and had to share my eagerness about this show. The Good Wife is just so good. I know it's possibly all bulls***, but...it's just so good.

Only thing I kinda not sure I care for -- and I might have simply been mistaken about what I saw -- but in episode 4, the firm was handling a civil case, and though they believed that pretty much the entire jury was in their favor, they were worried a single juror (due to a possible pay-off) could tank the case for them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't jury decisions of civil cases based on majority, not entirety like criminal cases?

Again, I could have misread what they were trying to express in the dialogue, but so far, that's the only real issue I've had with the show thus far. Otherwise, very entertaining and satisfying to watch.

kikkis

Watched silo s1. It was alright, intriquing. Kind of odd that there was still ethnicities after all that time given that black guys seemed to end up with white wifes.

Just finished The Americans , top tier television.
James Franco GIF

I've been watching Dexter. I just got to Season 5. The show has it's issues (cough cough Debra cough cough) But Season 4 is by far the best Season.

If I had to give the ratings

Season 1: B+
Season 2: B
Season 3: B
Season 4: A

I heard the show gets bad later on, so I'll be looking forward to that (not really lol)

twilo99

James Franco GIF

I've been watching Dexter. I just got to Season 5. The show has it's issues (cough cough Debra cough cough) But Season 4 is by far the best Season.

I heard the show gets bad later on, so I'll be looking forward to that (not really lol)

I think you should just stop watching..

clarky

Gold Member
James Franco GIF

Good TV, great even, then a steaming pile of turd.

clarky

Gold Member
my waifu (and also the Doctor) carried the series, yes. But that's just what waifus do.

Fuck Paris, tho. Hated that character.

That was my problem with Voyager, imagine being stuck with Paris and those cunts for that long?

Well apart from 7 and those breasts. Jesus.

jonnyp

The Gentlemen - enjoyable Guy Ritchie romp
House of Ninjas - mediocre at best, like a Japanese CW show
Death and Other Details - awful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom