• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess (HD?) Icon Discovered in Wii U eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/R-iJVBt1CvU

So apparently a menu icon for Twilight Princess has been found in the Wii U eshop from a hacker who was crawling the store. So of course, does this hint at a rerelease of some kind?

I really hope it's a remake. WWHD was amazing after all, and TP could look spectacular on the Wii U.
Just leave out the motion controls plz

RPGCrazied

If this is true, the question is: Wii VC or HD re-release ala Wind Waker HD?

Probably be virtual console. Ugh. I want this to be remastered. I love this game, but it has aged badly graphic wise. Looks like hot mess on my HDTV.

Machina

Banned
The video states that Aonuma has said that they used other Zelda games as a test bed for HD remakes in the leadup to Wind Waker and TP was one of them.

TimmiT

Here's the actual source: https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/653697137230745600
CRJmFRrVAAQW1xN.png:orig
CRJmFRrU8AAze6o.png:orig
95% chance this is simply the Wii VC
If this is legit, the title is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD". Also, don't the icons of Wii VC games have a border around them or something on Wii U?

It's probably just the Wii port.
Probably just Wii release?
Probably just a re-release of the Wii game. Please be unexcited.
I can't think of a single wii game which looks worse on a hdtv, nintendo wouldn't be that stupid would they?
mario galaxy, dk, kirby and the others look acceptable but twilight princess was hideous to the point that it really messes up the game on a hdtv.

Maybe a simple up rez to 720p on the wii shop to apologise for no zelda and no star fox this holiday?

Zareka

Uuuuurgh. This needs a remaster/make more than Wind Waker that makes it look less crappy and cuts the insane amount of tutorial fat in the beginning. Really murders my motivation to try and replay it.

Also, we could live in a world where there's a (non-emulated) version of TP that has widescreen support and regular controller support in the one package. Nintendo, please.

The video states that Aonuma has said that they used other Zelda games as a test bed for HD remakes in the leadup to Wind Waker and TP was one of them.

It would make a lot of sense. Particularly since they said they developed a program to help convert GameCube games to HD. It makes no sense to not use it again

Vashetti

Banned
Probably be virtual console. Ugh. I want this to be remastered. I love this game, but it has aged badly graphic wise. Looks like hot mess on my HDTV.

The HDMI output of the Wii U and the upscaling that comes with it should provide a good improvement over it running natively on a Wii.

Uuuuurgh. This needs a remaster/make more than Wind Waker that makes it look less crappy and cuts the insane amount of tutorial fat in the beginning. Really murders my motivation to try and replay it.

I don't even mind the intro. I liked the long setup to a long journey. Just one of those things that never bothered me at all. I just want it in HD with enhanced assets. If I got that I would lose my shit.

Definitely not a remake guys. It'll just be the original Wii game. Icon wouldn't already be hosted nor would they just be using old art if it was a full remake.

Mcdohl

I don't even mind the intro. I liked the long setup to a long journey. Just one of those things that never bothered me at all. I just want it in HD with enhanced assets. If I got that I would lose my shit.

Agreed. I didn't mind the intro being long either.

Let's hope it's an HD port
of the GC version

Kouriozan

Hope it's an HD remake, it took only 6 months for Wind Waker, shouldn't need too much ressources for Twilight Princess as well.

Machina

Banned
There's still good games coming for it, & the NX Console probably won't be backwards compatible anyway. Did you swear off buying 3DS games, as well?

The last game I bought for 3DS was Majora's Mask and I haven't even touched that for longer than a few hours yet.

The fact of the matter is that any money I spend on the Wii U now (considering I am currently jobless to boot) could go towards a new NX in.....Not very far into the future.

Zareka

I liked it the first time round but when I go for a second, herding cows and helping some woman get her baby basket back is just entirely unappealing. I also know a friend who got put off the game because of the long stretch of busy work when I know the rest of the game would have really appealed to him.

I wouldn't want it completely cut, but shortened a little. Maybe make them optional for people who've already played it before.

I would LOVE if it was an HD re-release, because the art in that game does not shine at all because of the low resolution it had...but I have a feeling it's just gonna be a Wii version, which also sucks because I hated those controls. Was so much more enjoyable with the Gamecube controller.

Fat Goron

They will release an HD Remake of Twilight Princess for Wii U....

.... because there won't be a Wii U version of Zelda NX.

When you think about it, Nintendo do have some pretty crappy fans.
"Please don't leak any info you find." or "Could you not leak our upcoming plans"
Lol fuck u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom