• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Breaker is coming to PC, Switch, and Xbox One

Bullet Club

Twin Breaker is coming to PC, Switch, and Xbox One

Dcl7TL5.jpg

The arcade-style brick-breaking game Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure is coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on September 23.

The game draws inspiration from classics like Breakout and Arkanoid. It comes from indie developer Lillymo Games. Eastasiasoft is publishing the game in North America. It was previously released on PS4 and PlayStation Vita.

Twin Breaker expands the genre’s concept, adding characters and a thought-provoking narrative. The game centers around a pair of pilots searching for lost ships. The adventure spans interstellar space, presented as 40 unique stages with block-busting gameplay to drive it forward.

In terms of features, old-school mechanics “blend with modern gaming conventions,” according to the developer. It features New Game+, collectibles, cutscenes, boss battles, and an achievements system.

“Add to that a rocking soundtrack and pixel art aesthetics, and Twin Breaker is lightyears beyond its classic inspirations,” Eastasiasoft says.

Source: GameFreaks365

CamHostage

Good for Colin and Lillymo, but (I haven't played this yet) doesn't this have the PlayStation symbols embedded in it a bunch? I thought I remembered that being part of the first trailer, but maybe I was just imagining the Sacred Symbols logo (which pays tribute to the PS buttons) being in there with my own headcanon...

Agent X

Excellent game! I got the platinum on PS Vita, and then did it again on PS4!

It's such a fun game to chip away at a few levels when you have a few minutes to spare. For that reason, it's got a permanent home on my Vita, but it plays well on the "big screen", too.

The game might appear to be piece of cake on the first few levels, but stick with it, because the difficulty ramps up later. After level 20, there's a twist in the gameplay that makes it considerably more challenging (but still manageable).

Besides the main story levels, there are also some other cool little side modes.

Good for Colin and Lillymo, but (I haven't played this yet) doesn't this have the PlayStation symbols embedded in it a bunch? I thought I remembered that being part of the first trailer, but maybe I was just imagining the Sacred Symbols logo (which pays tribute to the PS buttons) being in there with my own headcanon...

No, within the game itself, there's nothing that ties it to PlayStation lore. I think you're just thinking of the Sacred Symbols logo (which I don't think is even in this game).

Top Bottom