• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipyap

The letter intercepted by Chad 2 Badd said 'Miriam Hodges' on it - she's credited as "Miriam Sullivan" at the end.

Looks like Chad messed up..
Oh man, is Frost/Lynch's love for confusing viewers by giving multiple characters the same name is finally going to become an actual plot point?

Just saw that Amy Shiels was confirmed for the Twin Peaks Fest. Going to meet Candie and audiobook TP! Awesome sauce.
Maybe don't tell her how much you loved her performance as Audiobook TP, because that was still Annie Wersching. ;)

best: Knepper and Belushi are a great couple
worst: terrible character assassination of Janey-E, turning her into a rapist. There is no way Dougie can give consent in his state. Lynch probably thinks it's hilarious to let her rape a man. Sick fuck.
Seeing how people react to the way Dougie speaks, he easily could have repeated something she misinterpreted as wanting to flop-fuck her brains out.

"Dougie, do you still want to make love to me?"
"Want. To make love."
"Oh, Dougie, so do I!"

Futureman

This show will end with the Coop, Dougie Jones' family, the Dakota folks, and the townspeople of TP all beings Cylons...excuse me Dopplergangers.

I was thinking what if Coop comes back fully in the last few minutes of the last episode and then he steps out in the street and gets run over by a bus...

25 years trapped in the Lodge limbo, finally get out and struggle for however long in the Dougie state, then bam! A random bus.

Most of the people are human. Apart from Mr C. And original Dougie. And maybe Red.
Parts of the show do not take place on Earth, although most do.

Is Red a Lodge entity, or a human possessed? Perhaps by a cult favourite spirit in a red suit with a mask who's prone to leaping?

That look on his face sure didn't seem like it was rape. Dude was hitting it and loving it.

Reminds me of this from the Cooper tapes after he got shot.

"At a time like this, curiously, you begin to think of the things you regret. Or the things that you might miss. I would like in general to treat people with much more care and respect. I would like to climb a tall hill, not too tall, and sit in the cool grass, not too cool, and feel the sun on my face. I wish I could have cracked the Lindbergh kidnapping case. I would very much like to make love to a beautiful woman, who I had genuine affection for. And, of course, it goes without saying, that I would like to visit Tibet. I wish they could get their country back and the Dalai Lama could return. Oh, I would like that very much."

All of them in order

Basically this, but skip Dune if you want to, it's not essential (Sorry Dune fans). Definitely watch them in order though so you can see how Lynch evolved his craft and honed his skills over the years. It makes each subsequent work of his better when you do this. It also puts BOTH Twin Peaks into context as a summation of his work at that time as a filmmaker. It's incredible to see how each major project propels him to the next step of his creativity.

Going from Blue Velvet > Twin Peaks > Wild at Heart > Fire Walk With Me > Lost Highway > Mulholland Drive makes perfect sense when you watch them in order.

Oh come on, if you can't accept the flaws in this show, I feel like you are stanning hard for the Lynch.

What are the flaws that are sticking out to you?

Oh man, is Frost/Lynch's love for confusing viewers by giving multiple characters the same name is finally going to become an actual plot point?

Maybe don't tell her how much you loved her performance as Audiobook TP, because that was still Annie Wersching. ;)

Seeing how people react to the way Dougie speaks, he easily could have repeated something she misinterpreted as wanting to flop-fuck her brains out.

"Dougie, do you still want to make love to me?"
"Want. To make love."
"Oh, Dougie, so do I!"

Oops. Who is she in the audio book? Or did I get really confused?

Futureman

jgHCkEDh.jpg

Futureman

is the first time we see Miriam in episode 6 when she is in the diner buying pie and then a few minutes later when she makes eye contact with Richard after she runs the boy over?

I should really rewatch the series up to this point again. I'm already forgetting earlier events.

is the first time we see Miriam in episode 6 when she is in the diner buying pie and then a few minutes later when she makes eye contact with Richard after she runs the boy over?

I should really rewatch the series up to this point again. I'm already forgetting earlier events.

Yes. The pies with her name on is when we meet her. Then she later recognizes Richard driving, and he sees that she spots him.

A few characters. She' basically the go-to "younger girl voice."

"Amy Shiels as Mrs. Paul Lantz / Norma Jennings / Audrey Horne / Margaret Lanterman"

Thank you. And audiobook TP, is she one of the other Vegas girls?

Solo

It is kinda funny.

It bothers me on 2 levels.

The first level is the surface, keeping up with the (Dougie) Jones' 101 level. We've seen numerous examples of Dougie speaking up (calling out the sleazy insurance guy) or taking action (neutralizing Ike) when he perceives a wrong or an injustice occurring. He wouldn't allow himself to be raped. And did you guys in the "he was raped!" camp miss his face by chance? He was absolutely loving Janey-E riding him. And Janey-E was loving it because he is her husband and they were having great, consentual, sex.

The other way this bothers me, and much more so, is that it speaks to the oversensitive, overanalyzing, "everything offends me!" state of society in 2017. Not everything is racist, sexist, homophobic, or some other nefarious outlook. Coming away with rape of all things from that scene just blows my mind. I believe the intended reaction was laughter. Dougie's scenes are almost always absurdist and hilarious, and that Janey-E sex scene is perhaps the best example yet. I was nearly in stitches laughing. It saddens me that it was missed by some because we are basically conditioned to look for things that arent there.

For the record, I'd kill to have Naomi Watts look at me like a hungry fat kid looking at a cheeseburger :eek:

Flipyap

BACmZcN.gif

Still can't get over what a fantastic character Candie turned out to be. She's such a Moran, she outlucied Lucy.
I hope she can find her Andy one day and get away from those two dicks, even though I'm sure they own many sport coats.

bounchfx

Was so excited to finally watch a new episode and then lo and behold it turns out both episodes 9 and 10 were available! I guess I got my return date all messed up! Time to catch up on impressions

WriterGK

I absolutely loved this episode. For me the best of the season by far, everything was perfect.
Yeah Dougie absolutely loved the sex lol. Coffee didn't get him back to normal, sex still didn't. Then what freaking will lol?
Richard is just brutal OMFG. The actor plays it fantastic.

bunbun777

My girlfriend said the same thing I thought of about candy and the girls..."robotic".

Now I'm not trying to say they were actually programmed like in mind control, but something is going on. Logically you'd say drugs or fantasy detachment but the way things have to be reinforced to her its like a side effect of something greater.

As a side note I think it was masterful having Candy talk to Anthony and the brothers watching on. That was real tension, my mind was racing and yet I knew this was an effect and probably nothing nefarious was happening. I laughed and said "wtf" right before Belushi blurted it out. I could just feel the unease and apprehension tethered to the comical nature of weather and gratefulness of air conditioning, which dumps the apprehension from the mobsters to us the viewer, as in how are you really supposed to feel about this woman? Just a spaced out pretty girl or is there more?

WriterGK

The only really really small thing for me was that I knew she was going to hit Knepper with that remote control. Evertyhing else this episode was straight A+

Well, the Entire Mystery version is pretty much perfect as far as I can tell, so I hope they include some new extras or something. I'd love an official extended cut, but I don't think that's something Lynch would be keen on?

Maybe it's a 4K transfer of FWWM??? Criterion haven't put out any UHD blurays yet of any of their library so maybe not

Slaythe

If (eventually... hopefully) Coop isn't Dougie anymore and Bad Coop is vanquished, then surely Good Coop is held responsible for the bad things Bad Coop has done? How do they get around that?

You say they're twins because they didn't have the same finger prints. And he was seen in multiple locations at the same time. ( dougie on tv bad coop in jail )

Joqu

Maybe it's a 4K transfer of FWWM??? Criterion haven't put out any UHD blurays yet of any of their library so maybe not

I'd definitely be in for some 4K Lynch, that's a good one for sure. But like you say, Criterion haven't been doing UHD stuff yet so I'm not expecting FWWM to be their first.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Probably the funniest episode so far.

And I have no fucking clue how you can watch this episode and say that nothing is happening

BTW: these two are fucking great in their roles

I freaking lost it when they were apparently patiently waiting for Candie to take Anthony to them, just to Belushi to scream out "WHY IS SHE TAKING SO LONG", thus beginning a long rant from both of them haha.

Dan-o

I'd definitely be in for some 4K Lynch, that's a good one for sure. But like you say, Criterion haven't been doing UHD stuff yet so I'm not expecting FWWM to be their first.

Surprise complete David Lynch box set in 4K & HDR! You heard it here first!!

maaaaan.... I wish.

Probably the funniest episode so far.

And I have no fucking clue how you can watch this episode and say that nothing is happening

BTW: these two are fucking great in their roles

"Hey guess what? Twin Peaks is coming back. Cooper is going to be an idiot 99% of the time and Jim Belushi is in it."

"Sounds good!"

Nibel

I freaking lost it when they were apparently patiently waiting for Candie to take Anthony to them, just to Belushi to scream out "WHY IS SHE TAKING SO LONG", thus beginning a long rant from both of them haha.

Yeah that shit fucking killed me; love how Candie doesn't give a fuck about their rants either (tho I wonder what is going on with her or if she's really just like that all the time)

Audioboxer

Just seen this episode, pretty good. I am getting worried
Cooper
isn't going to come back until the finale or something. I guess this is just how Lynch wants to do it.

Log Lady
appearing again was awesome. I thought it was only for first few episodes.

Also, dat song at the end eating up like 7 minutes for filler lol. The lady could sing though.

Flipyap

Just seen this episode, pretty good. I am getting worried
Cooper
isn't going to come back until the finale or something. I guess this is just how Lynch wants to do it.

Log Lady
appearing again was awesome. I thought it was only for first few episodes.

Also, dat song at the end eating up like 7 minutes for filler lol. The lady could sing though.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I gotta ask...
What are you trying to achieve with those
spoiler
tags
?

That scene almost felt like a metacommentary on how some people watch dragged out stuff like the sweeping scene and get frustrated.

Mooreberg

What did Evil Coop want out of the box if he already knew Dale would be replacing Dougie in Nevada and had (hilariously incompetent) hitmen waiting? It almost seems like The Experiment / Bob's "mother" showing up is what was supposed to happen.

Nibel

Additional thought: I gotta say I was completely caught off guard by the scene at the beginning with Richard and Miriam. Didn't expect him to break the door and straight up murdering her

Additional thought: I gotta say I was completely caught off guard by the scene at the beginning with
Richard and Miriam
. Didn't expect him
to break the door and straight up murdering her
No spoiler tags needed for anything aired.

Richard murdered Miriam and left her trailer set to blow up. You can say it out in the open. It's cool.

Shauni

Well, the Entire Mystery version is pretty much perfect as far as I can tell, so I hope they include some new extras or something. I'd love an official extended cut, but I don't think that's something Lynch would be keen on?

Fire Walk With Me can stand pretty well on its own, so maybe the idea is that some people would rather buy it is a standalone Lynch instead of having to buy it with the whole series. I dunno, it is a bit of an odd choice

Levito

Banned
Additional thought: I gotta say I was completely caught off guard by the scene at the beginning with
Richard and Miriam
. Didn't expect him
to break the door and straight up murdering her

I think the theory he's Boop's son is looking more and more likely cause of stuff like this.

Fire Walk With Me can stand pretty well on its own, so maybe the idea is that some people would rather buy it is a standalone Lynch inside of having to buy it with the whole series. I dunno, it is a bit of an odd choice
Is it on as many streaming services as the series? People who watched the show on Netflix might want to be able to just buy the movie, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom