• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Pre release imdb stuff isnt reliable.
Ah, so those are just placeholders. But I see Robert Forster is credited with 2 eps, and I hope that's not all. That guy's the greatest.

I want this

C1xibZxVIAAjtrj.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That's the popular theory, and someone even asked her that during the panel, to which she responded something to the effect of "I'm playing my own unique character"

Also new video added to the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/TwinPeaksO...042789893374/1384566294907678/?type=3&theater

It's a livestream Q&A with Kyle

Wow, seeing the familiar faces and how they've aged. This sort of time jump, unprecedented. And Kyle looks amazing again as Coop.

Wow, seeing the familiar faces and how they've aged. This sort of time jump, unprecedented. And Kyle looks amazing again as Coop.

I got to see him a few feet away when they were filming in Everett, WA in Fall of 2015. He came over to the crowd of onlookers in between a take to thank us for our support. Seeing him with the slicked back hair and in that suit in the flesh was a helluva thing, especially after all those years.

edit: Kimmy Robertson is being interviewed now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i guess i should finally watch this. have had it in my netflix queue in forever. watched like two episodes but hasn't grabbed me so far. heh

I watched this show for the first time two years ago. I stopped after the resolution of the murder of Laura Palmer. I also have not watched Fire Walk With Me.

Looks like I need to clear this before the new season hits. :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just saw the movie River's Edge for the first time, and I was struck at how much it reminded me of Twin Peaks. Did Lynch ever mention that movie as an inspiration at all?

FWWM missed a large part of Twin Peaks' appeal.
FWWM was exactly what the last seven days of Laura Palmer's life should have been like. The fun and warmth that was so crucial to the show had no place in those events.

Not that a prequel was the only way to go when doing a feature film. But that was absolutely the way to go with a prequel.

This new series is Twin Peaks though, not FWWM the series, so I don't think you have much to worry about. FWWM was Twin Peaks minus Frost. Frost is back writing and producing here so I expect this to be Twin Peaks through and through. But I love FWWM and the missing pieces.

fenners

FWWM was exactly what the last seven days of Laura Palmer's life should have been like. The fun and warmth that was so crucial to the show had no place in those events.

Not that a prequel was the only way to go when doing a feature film. But that was absolutely the way to go with a prequel.

This new series is Twin Peaks though, not FWWM the series, so I don't think you have much to worry about. FWWM was Twin Peaks minus Frost. Frost is back writing and producing here so I expect this to be Twin Peaks through and through. But I love FWWM and the missing pieces.

This. This, indeed. FWWM is its own beast. It completes the circle, adds to the mystery, shows where Laura was mentally right before the show began. It ends that "act" of the series.

I've been reading the Wrapped In Plastic collection, going over the old episode guides/summary/behind the scenes stuff, after re-watching most of it not so long ago, totally in the mood for this.

If I were still NYC gaf I'd be down. I love the Cape! That said, I now live in in western Washington aka where Twin Peaks is set so where you at Cascadia gaf?!

I'm local :)

I don't think they're going to end up doing this but I believe there were rumblings from the Showtime exec awhile back that they were considering some unorthodox screenings for the new season, possibly in theaters. I'd pay good money to see the premiere on the big screen were that to happen. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the local Peaks fans organized a screening via Meetup or FB too.

I don't think they're going to end up doing this but I believe there were rumblings from the Showtime exec awhile back that they were considering some unorthodox screenings for the new season, possibly in theaters. I'd pay good money to see the premiere on the big screen were that to happen. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the local Peaks fans organized a screening via Meetup or FB too.

I'd be down for that. Going to have to subscribe to showtime just for this unless Comcast screws up my service again and gives me 6 months of it for free lol

kevin1025

Banned

If they did the first two episodes as a theatre experience, that would be incredible. More and more are doing that, with ABC and Inhumans, Lost did it (kind of) some years back, Game of Thrones for its final two episodes last season, and there's another I can't quite remember (Doctor Who maybe?). They're usually free, too, which is nice.

Twin Peaks would be the perfect set-up for that sort of treatment!

I believe this is either going to be the best thing ever or a pile of rubbish, there will be no in-between. It's got to be my most anticipated anything for this year. When Twin Peaks was good, man it was really something special, nothing quite like it.

I've been rewatching the show in addition to reading some of the books like "Reflection: The Oral History of Twin Peaks" and "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer". I ordered the blu-ray from the UK on Christmas but wasn't able to stop myself from starting the show before my order arrived. I just reached the part where it falls off a cliff in quality so I'm going to wait until I can see it in HD to have some incentive for continuing, well aside from the amazing finale.

I'd be down for that. Going to have to subscribe to showtime just for this unless Comcast screws up my service again and gives me 6 months of it for free lol

Same. Wish I could swap something like HBO for the run of the show with Comcast for no extra charge, but hey it'll be more than worth it for this.

If they did the first two episodes as a theatre experience, that would be incredible. More and more are doing that, with ABC and Inhumans, Lost did it (kind of) some years back, Game of Thrones for its final two episodes last season, and there's another I can't quite remember (Doctor Who maybe?). They're usually free, too, which is nice.

Twin Peaks would be the perfect set-up for that sort of treatment!

Free? That'd almost feel like sacrilege with TP lol. I take it those screenings were fairly limited then? Curious how they go about promoting them ahead of time and if pre-ordering of tix is even an option.

kevin1025

Banned
Free? That'd almost feel like sacrilege with TP lol. I take it those screenings were fairly limited then? Curious how they go about promoting them ahead of time and if pre-ordering of tix is even an option.

The way it worked, from how I'm remembering, is that they had select theatres playing it at a specific time, and you had to have pre-ordered tickets to get in. I'm not sure if it was a first come, first serve deal or not, though. I only ended up going to the Lost one, but I remember the Game of Thrones one being the Battle of the Bastards episode and then the finale played in the theatre the same time as it aired on TV. Twin Peaks, even if it airs at the same time as it airs on Showtime, on the big screen would be a blast!

Flipyap

The only real nugget dropped about the new season is that “the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days is very, very important for this,” Lynch said.
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me 2: oolagooB cirtcelE

Nevins also shared that immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime’s streaming platform.
Whyyy would you do thaaat? Frost even said that he and Lynch prefer the once-a-week schedule, this isn't a show made for binge watching.

wait, no harry truman? aww that's a bummer :(

Have you read The Secret History of Twin Peaks? My take after reading it is

Robert Forster is playing Harry Truman's brother, Frank and will be the new Sheriff

I could be wrong though, of course. Book is highly recommended for those needing to get their fix before May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom