• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How do I watch this legally in Sweden (without having to wait for some network to pick it up, which I don't know if any has)? I just don't...?

pkqdoEW.jpg

Thanks for this chart, I saw the first 3 episodes so far and I really want to keep going since its just so...weird

Does any of the digital distributors (i.e, iTunes, Amazon Digitial, Google Play, etc.) do season passes for Showtime Shows? I guess I will have to subscribe to Showtime for the duration of the season if not.

Daigoro

Does any of the digital distributors (i.e, iTunes, Amazon Digitial, Google Play, etc.) do season passes for Showtime Shows? I guess I will have to subscribe to Showtime for the duration of the season if not.

you can subscribe to Showtime through Hulu, in the US at least. (not exactly the same thing rereading your post, sorry)

not sure on the details though.

you can subscribe to Showtime through Hulu, in the US at least.

not sure on the details though.
I do not have Hulu so I will probably subscribe to Showtime through PS Vue or Amazon Prime. I wanted to own the season though, but I will have to wait until it is done I suppose.

fenners

im thinking about buying The Essential Wrapped In Plastic.

anyone read it?

Reading through it right now. First half of the book is an episode by episode summary of the show, going through main events briefly, then detailing the importance of 'em, along with behind the scenes stuff, deleted scenes, and then a bunch of quotes from cast/crew. Loving it.

Mind you, I read 'em all when WIP first came out ;)

Not a bad guide.

The only thing it needs to stress is that you mustn't watch FWWM until AFTER watching the entire TV series. Personally I go with Pilot, 1 to 29. Also, this could do with noting that the pilot and the first episode of season 2 are both feature length.

Overall though, it's there or there abouts.

Daigoro

Reading through it right now. First half of the book is an episode by episode summary of the show, going through main events briefly, then detailing the importance of 'em, along with behind the scenes stuff, deleted scenes, and then a bunch of quotes from cast/crew. Loving it.

Mind you, I read 'em all when WIP first came out ;)

cool thx. ill probably check it out after reading the Diary Of.

Futureman

how does the Blu-Ray collection compare to Netflix? Is it just better picture quality? or is the Blu-Ray widescreen and Netflix the original 4:3 TV version?

trying to decide if it's worth it to get the Blu-Ray collection for my rewatch or just watch it again on Netflix.

PolishQ

how does the Blu-Ray collection compare to Netflix? Is it just better picture quality? or is the Blu-Ray widescreen and Netflix the original 4:3 TV version?

trying to decide if it's worth it to get the Blu-Ray collection for my rewatch or just watch it again on Netflix.

Yeah, better picture quality and you get the bonus features (Log Lady intros, various documentaries and interviews, etc). Both are 4:3. I could be wrong but I don't think Netflix has the movie (FWWM) or its deleted scenes ("The Missing Pieces"), both of which are included in the boxset (and are amazing).

Nope. It's like HBO. You'll need to sign up for Showtime and stream through their app, or wait for the bluray release.

Too bad, then. Are there any other options for Canadians to watch this? Not sure if Showtime is even available here... (I don't have cable).

Fucking hell. Four hours...four hours. 18 episodes. All of them directed by David Lynch. I just...this is a dream come true. There's no other way to describe it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I wonder if the fans of the show will be turned off if the tone is more like FWWM than what was possible at the time on ABC. I'm down for either but levity is appreciated.

this gonna be cool, i loved the footage that turned up as "The Missing Pieces" and have been a Lynch fan for years, can't wait. tho i do wonder if many original Twin Peaks fans have kept up with his more recent work (Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire).

gonna be hilarious to see all the internet critics falling over backwards trying to explain the new stuff. hope he completely torpedos the narrative just to troll the pseuds

Futureman

I'm thinking the seasons 3 (is it officially being called season 3??) will be a mix of the movie and show.

The show, while dark, was still limited by being on ABC.

The movie had almost none of the quirky, offbeat humor of the show.

Mix it up!

Just bought the "Essential Wrapped in Plastic" for my original series re-watch!!

robotrock

Banned
I'm thinking the seasons 3 (is it officially being called season 3??) will be a mix of the movie and show.

The show, while dark, was still limited by being on ABC.

The movie had almost none of the quirky, offbeat humor of the show.

Mix it up!

Just bought the "Essential Wrapped in Plastic" for my original series re-watch!!

Yeah I think the mix is pretty essential. Movie still had some of that, but not as much as I'd have liked.

I'll take whatever I'm gonna get though

PolishQ

The movie has a lot more levity than it gets credit for, especially in the first third with the Deer Meadow investigation. It's a more somber levity, for lack of a better word, but definitely has plenty of that trademark Twin Peaks quirkiness. There's also a lot more horror, though, and the humor disappears for the final third.

A lot of fans love the movie, myself included, and it seems to have grown in reputation over the years. It will apparently be very significant to the new series' plot, and my hunch is that it is a good example of what we can expect, tone-wise. Although it's just as likely that we'll be getting something that nobody will expect.

Joqu

Anyone know the details on Secret History of Twin Peaks' page count difference between the uk and us release? It's probably nothing but I could purchase either of them and the uk version is slightly cheaper, but apparently with a few less pages which worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom