• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal announced [S-CONF]

LiK

FINALLY!

500x_php99nf1aimage.jpg

twisty.jpg

E3 Debut
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101574
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101575

E3 Gameplay Part 1
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101582
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101583

E3 Gameplay Part 2
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101584
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101585

Trailer
dralla said:

Gameplay
Concept17 said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-twisted-metal/101763

GT vid showcasing the Slaughterville level. Didn't see it posted. all helicopter footage.

Jaffe Interviews
1UP
spats said:
GT
SolidSnakex said:
G4
tokewitch said:

Campbell Interview
Machinima
NumSkull- said:

More info
Noisepurge said:
Don't know if this has been posted already but Playstation.com lists the factions as:

"Join a gang and hit the road as the Clowns, the Skulls, the Preachers or the Dolls."

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item285509/Twisted-Metal™/

Screens
SolidSnakex said:

PR
Rapstah said:
Twisted Metal®
FACT SHEET

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: Eat Sleep Play, Inc.
Platform: PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system
Genre: Car Combat
Players: 2-4 player Split Screen / up to 16 online
Release: 2011
Rating: Rating Pending

OVERVIEW
Twisted Metal®, the longest running franchise in PlayStation® history and the multi-million selling series is now back, exclusively on the PS3™ system. David Jaffe and Scott Campbell, co-founders of Eat Sleep Play and the original creative team behind Twisted Metal, bring back the dark humor, fast-action gameplay and a world of cars, guns and destruction.

With four factions battling for control, players step into the combat boots of a twisted disciple in a high octane, highly destructible world. Players fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by the stylishly evil Calypso, the mastermind behind the Twisted Metal tournament. Disciples strategically dismantle opponents in vehicles loaded with weapons of Twisted destruction.

With a robust online system, players unleash destruction with up to 16 players through PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) and battle through a variety of favorite and new game modes.

Twisted Metal carved out its own unique gaming genre. No other title has Twisted Metal’s perfect mix of dark humor and personality along with massive destruction in a distinctive atmosphere and vehicles and weapons that act as extensions of each character.

STORYLINE
High atop his penthouse office, a mysterious ringleader named Calypso lords over the contest of vehicle combat known as Twisted Metal. He returns again to host the ultimate contest of skill and destruction. Contestants have been chosen to compete and, should they emerge victorious, win whatever prize their heart desires.

- more -

SCEA – Twisted Metal for the PS3 system
2-2-2-2

GO ONLINE AS A DISCIPLE
Fight online as a disciple of one of four factions, each based on a classic Twisted Metal character.
Supports up to 16 players online through PSN.
Play with friends in 2- 4 player split-screen and online as well.
Featuring a variety of gameplay types including series’ favorite and new, unique game modes.

MASSIVE DESTRUCTION
With the power of PS3 system, unleash massive amounts of destruction in brand new, never before seen Twisted levels.
Deliver destruction to strategically change the face of the level, or just cause incredible chaos.

NEW VEHICLES, NEW WEAPONS, NEW ENVIRONMENTS
Featuring a complete arsenal of weapons that make for more creative kills, from missiles and miniguns to giant magnets and flying mascots; players always have a way to take someone out.
Choose from over a dozen Twisted vehicles, each outfitted with special weapons to strategically dismantle opponents.
Flight is a first for the franchise. One of the new vehicles in Twisted Metal to take full advantage of flight is the Talon, a helicopter armed to the teeth with a minigun turret.
Disciples team their rides up in various modes to wreak havoc on the enemy such as using the Talon as a magnet to pick up teammates and rain double the destruction down below.

UNIQUE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN
Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
Twisted Metal will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.

SCEA – Twisted Metal for the PS3 system
3-3-3-3

About Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal franchise for the PS3 system is regarded as carving out a unique combat genre. Famed creators David Jaffe and Scott Campbell have once again brought Twisted Metal to PlayStation.

PS3 Exclusive

jmoe316

Can't believe it took this long in the PS3's life to bring it out.

Should be awesome!

PS - Twisted Metal with FLIGHT!

They should have brought the clown bus out before showing the video. Or literally nothing else, just the clown van, and then the conference ends.

Xater

Some cool MP mission design. Didn't expect that from a Twisted Metal. I would have been fine with TM: Black HD but it looks like they try hard to new stuff.

Capture the leader, drag him to a ring next to a missile launcher. Sacrifice the leader to the missile launcher and guide a nuke towards a massive float. Do this three times and you win.

Twisted Metal Black was ok. I'd give it 6/10.

Gravijah

chogidogs said:
hope the single player is as good as tm2 and tmb. i really really liked the characters and story in those games.

needs a remake of the paris level

complete with destruction

Looked fucking AMAZING !!!!

Finally Twisted fucking Metal TM2 and TMB are one of my favorite games on PS1&2

The online modes looked bad ass

DAY -50 !!

chogidogs

i don't know how i feel about the factions though. each character in the previous games was so distinct and unique, that i feel making clones of them takes something away from the original.

Shred0r

Banned
I have hoped for some footage of Last Guardian and some super secret Sony 1st-party titles but this was the only real surprise they have given us. Hope this game delivers...
Guess, they have saved up the awesome souce for a later event. Dont wanna spill the beans too early. All eyes were on Move and 3D. They wanted to send out a message to which direction the entertainment industry evolves. At least how Sony sees it. I am looking forward to TGS, hope, we will get our gamer's dope there at last...

Shred0r

Banned
i got access to a sony press site. lets see if they have put up some new material...but i am not sure if i can share it here....

2mhxxc6.jpg

Nuke mode looks interesting....but eh. This was one game I really didn't care for at the Sony conference. I was hoping they would close the conference with Agent or Last Guardian.

StuBurns

Banned
I thought it looked awesome.
Jaffe is a dirty scumbag liar that will be paying the mortgage with my assistance.
Day one.

Danielsan

Well I for one thought it was awesome.
I have a soft spot for Twisted Metal and it looked great graphicaly and that Nuke mode seemed quite creative.

Easily one of my most wanted games since the PS3 launched. Loved the series. All of them. Can't wait to play it again. Day fucking one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jaffe,

Never in my life have I been more happy that you were full of shit. Your game looked fantastic. It had all the fun, action packed nonsense that I have come to expect from TM, and it looked like it ran GREAT. The concept for CTF was so fun and fresh sounding. I had as mile on my face the entire time I was watching your demo.

Congratulations on what looks to be a fantastic product.

Danielsan

Yeah that was one of the most noticeable things.
This thing looked like it ran at more than 60fps.
Super smooth and fast.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never played a Twisted Metal game before. It seems to be quite fun and most surprising is how solid the framerate was during the demonstration. Of course, the game doesn't exactly look to challenge Uncharted 2 or God of War III in the visuals department, however silky-smooth performance is a rarity these days and as such very welcome.

mr_nothin

Banned
Danielsan said:
Yeah that was one of the most noticeable things.
This thing looked like it ran at more than 60fps.
Super smooth and fast.
It seemed like 60fps + motion blur. It was just so smooth

BeeDog

Didn't find the graphics too impressive, but the smoothness and the awesome motion blur definitely helped a lot.

harSon

Banned
Looked rough around the edges graphically but I'm sure the gameplay is up to snuff, as a fan of the Twisted Metal franchise, I can't wait to experience it online.

Top Bottom