• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal TV Series Finds Its Director

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The new Twisted Metal TV series coming to Peacock already found its lead with Marvel star Anthony Mackie on board to play John Doe, and now, it's got a director, too. It's been reported this week that the writer and director known for his work on projects such as The Eric Andre Show and Bad Trip will direct several episodes of Twisted Metal while also having plans to be an executive producer, too. It has not yet been revealed, however, just how many episodes this series will consist of at launch.

Deadline first reported on the latest Twisted Metal news this week and named Sakurai as the director for at least a few of the series' episodes. Sakurai's involvement marks the latest of several reports of castings and others in charge of producing or writing the PlayStation Productions series.

As mentioned previously, Mackie is currently on board for the Twisted Metal show, too. He's joined by Will Arnett who's supposedly going to be playing Sweet Tooth, the character those who favor the franchise likely most associate with Twisted Metal. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick who worked on Deadpool and Zombieland in the past are set to serve as the writers for the show.

If the involvement of people who worked on things like The Eric Andre Show and Deadpool sounds like a lot of comedy chops in a Twisted Metal series, it's because it appears that's the intention since the show's been described as an "action-comedy" series in the past. It'll be set around the story of a motorist tasked with delivering a mysterious package across a wasteland while facing down others including Sweet Tooth himself.

"Twisted Metal, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Deadpool, Zombieland) about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland," an official description of the show explained. "With the help of a trigger-happy car thief, he'll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck."

bitbydeath

Stephanie Beatriz has joined the cast.
images

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Stephanie Beatriz has signed on as a lead opposite Anthony Mackie in the “Twisted Metal” action comedy TV series at Peacock. Beatriz will play Quiet, a ferocious, bad-ass car thief who acts purely on instinct.

Mr Hyde

This can only end in disaster. I just don't see Twisted Metal work as a tv-series or on the silver screen. Stick to gaming Sony.

FUBARx89

I would normally agree. But I think a Mad Max show will work. Specially if they have uniquely modded cars.

Wot?

Mad Max is an established film series. This is a game that basically revolves around winning a game to get a wish, then calypso corrupts it.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I like the cast, but still not interested in the slightest. Who asked for this?

And a niche ip like this releasing on peacock, sounds like it'll be a bomb

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Out of all the Sony IPs, they decided that Twisted Metal was the best choice for a TV series?!?!

I can't see this working at all. I got a feeling this will be Battleship levels of terrible.

Top Bottom