• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch introduces "Safety Advisory Council" to promote inclusivity, members include trans furry who thinks voice chat in games is "non-inclusive"

Mahadev

....and should be banned.

Their mission is :

• Drafting new policies and policy updates
  • Developing products and features to improve safety and moderation
  • Promoting healthy streaming and work-life balance habits
  • Protecting the interests of marginalized groups
  • Identifying emerging trends that could impact the Twitch experience

Let me introduce you to one of the members!

👉 BE WARNED! This video is extremely distasteful, to say the least 👈

It thinks it's a deer btw... I'm being respectful I think and using "it" since it's an animal? I... I fucking give up.

Last edited:

Pallas

Will this be why Mixer tops Twitch? Or is Mixer also infested with this gender identity political liberal snowflake bullshit? I’m ok if you wanna pretend to be a deer or a Apache helicopter(it’s your life) but don’t try to suffocate others who don’t see your lifestyle as anything but trolling or some disorder.

Barakov

What happened to it?
From what I remember they started banning emotes, then memes and then they started banning some pretty uncontreversial streamers for some reason. Then posting in the chat was like taking a stab in the dark meaning you could banned for literally anything. Basically the trigger happy mods wouldn't be consistent with AGDQ's own rules. Now whenever the event is held it's sub only. So these people basically sucked all the fun out of it.

Grinchy

Banned
From what I remember they started banning emotes, then memes and then they started banning some pretty uncontreversial streamers for some reason. Then posting in the chat was like taking a stab in the dark meaning you could banned for literally anything. Basically the trigger happy mods wouldn't be consistent with AGDQ's own rules. Now whenever the event is held it's sub only. So these people basically sucked all the fun out of it.
A guy who streams on there under the name DansGaming had a cartoon emote of himself dressed as a girl that people in chat kept using every time one of the trans speedrunners was on screen.

It turned into a whole thing where people were accusing him of being anti-LGBBQ and any other buzzword of the time despite the fact that he's a gay guy who had no idea any of it was even going on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A guy who streams on there under the name DansGaming had a cartoon emote of himself dressed as a girl that people in chat kept using every time one of the trans speedrunners was on screen.

It turned into a whole thing where people were accusing him of being anti-LGBBQ and any other buzzword of the time despite the fact that he's a gay guy who had no idea any of it was even going on.

This new progressive stack religion is cray cray.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned

They’ve done a ton of other crappy stuff too, being super inconsistent with bans, including the top guy on Spongebob battle for bikini bottom getting banned right before an event. Banning people who had plane tickets and a hotel for something they said years ago is not cool. They’re also super shady about the runs they take, sometimes letting “friends of the show” do runs they aren’t qualified for via means other than the traditional vetting

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

WTF did I just watch ?!?

giphy.gif

ActiveScientificHalibut-size_restricted.gif

Portugeezer

We'll see if anything comes from this. Even Twitch streamers are getting fed up of walking such a fine line.

After what happened to AGDQ, I can see this going bad for a lot of streamers and the platform as a whole.
It used to be interesting, now it got too big, too much production value; they have to show you how inclusive they are, and runners are scared to talk casually, you can feel it. Sure, it raises more money now but it has become soulless.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Voice chat is usually quiet as fuck or a shit show; neither leads me to believe that removing it solves the problem any more than removing a finger would alleviate the issue of a having a splinter.
Having great text based/command communication alongside it is important, however.

Last edited:

fourfourtwo

Neo Member
I dont want to live on this planet anymore....

Stop being such a snowflake, it's not as if you can't get your fix of livestreamed video games elsewhere.

The power of the free market means that disgruntled consumers can go to any number of competitor's platforms instead.

Besides, this is probably just a pointless, symbolic committee that twitch can use to show off how inclusive it is, who knows how much power it'll actually have to cause changes.

....and should be banned.

Their mission is :

• Drafting new policies and policy updates
  • Developing products and features to improve safety and moderation
  • Promoting healthy streaming and work-life balance habits
  • Protecting the interests of marginalized groups
  • Identifying emerging trends that could impact the Twitch experience

Let me introduce you to one of the members!

👉 BE WARNED! This video is extremely distasteful, to say the least 👈

It thinks it's a deer btw... I'm being respectful I think and using "it" since it's an animal? I... I fucking give up.

You know this sort of shit was considered a mental illness 15 years ago......hopefully their non breeding culls this out

Mahadev

Stop being such a snowflake, it's not as if you can't get your fix of livestreamed video games elsewhere.

The power of the free market means that disgruntled consumers can go to any number of competitor's platforms instead.

Besides, this is probably just a pointless, symbolic committee that twitch can use to show off how inclusive it is, who knows how much power it'll actually have to cause changes.

The "free" market is a sham, monopolies and cartels control the internet and hold free speech hostage.

MrA

Banned
ahhhh political commissars, Can with get a pictured with a tear rolling down Mao's or Stalin's cheek?
On the bright side the commissar for Kickstarter did wonders for them.

Top Bottom