• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_n15kliBMhZ1qg2rrco1_500.png

Who don't believe in anything.

Wiz

I can see this method working for a Dragon Quest game. Games with too many buttons or action based inputs wont work.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wonder how well this would work for FFXIII?
Easy to traverse overworld, and the AI would take care of most of the stuff. Definitely smoother.

The only other franchise I see working on this format is Dragon Quest, since it keeps your experience after you die, too. Alternatively, Golden Sun.

PBalfredo

Abby deserved far worse... A foolish monster with a foolish moveset who's greatest claim to fame was getting a lucky Bide on a gym leader. Jay Leno was long overdue for retirement, but he will be missed. He was simply collateral damage.

Get out.

Abby might not have been good in battles, but she was our starter damnit. She deserved better. Better than being straddled with Bide, or being told to forget Slash. We did this. She deserved better.

tbh i wish we had the dome fossil. kabutops is one of the coolest looking pokemon of all time

he can double as a grim reaper type figure for our adventure though

Get out.

Abby might not have been good in battles, but she was our starter damnit. She deserved better. Better than being straddled with Bide, or being told to forget Slash. We did this. She deserved better.
That and she also actually helped us out quite abit with her stat attacks.

Now Jay Leno besides the best name ever was absolutely useless just because of its lvl. No hard feelings.

Grizzo

I'm quite ashamed to say that I tried doing that, but ended up breaking the top bracket, which is weird because I successfully replaced the battery of my N64 memory card using the same method a few days before. So now I have a useless copy of Pokemon Crystal lying around in one of my drawer.

That's why I'm asking for Nintendo to find a way to release them on the VC. I know it's asking for a lot of effort, since they'll have to emulate the cable link, but I'm sure it's worth their time. People would buy that in a heartbeat!

Get out.

She was holding us back from the beginning... That tiny baby pidgey we found was always the chosen one. Abby was a distraction... a false prophet. She pretended she was good by wearing the guise of a great pokemon... but the greatest achievements were always that Pidgey's doing... Look how he has grown!

Abby only existed as a means to distract us, to trick those who judged solely on looks. I do worry a bit though about this Eevee... his appearance was too convenient, the fact that he's taken on the robes of Abby is a bad sign.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
She was holding us back from the beginning... That tiny baby pidgey we found was always the chosen one. Abby was a distraction... a false prophet. She pretended she was good by wearing the guise of a great pokemon... but the greatest achievements were always that Pidgey's doing... Look how he has grown!

Abby only existed as a means to distract us, to trick those who judged solely on looks. I do worry a bit though about this Eevee... his appearance was too convenient, the fact that he's taken on the robes of Abby is a bad sign.

Deluded nonsense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can see this method working for a Dragon Quest game. Games with too many buttons or action based inputs wont work.

You have to do the GBC version sadly, because for the NES and SNES versions, when you save the game and quit, the game just hangs there and waits for you to restart.

Even then, you can easily exit the game, start up a new save, overwrite the old one. Heck, if you want to do DQ1&2, you can easily end up changing games.

Sianos

When we reach Cinnabar, Helix Fossil WILL be revived.

It's amusing how Eevee taking up the slot of a surfing Pokemon and delaying progress can be interpreted in terms of the narrative as trying to prevent the revival of the Helix Fossil by preventing access to Cinnabar.

And considering this IS the 151 romhack, there probably is a way to obtain the Dome Fossil/Kabuto as well.

Good, don't believe their lies, Eevee was sent by helix.

I wish my faith was as strong as yours... The color red has evil portent, Ironic for a hero so named but true.

Deluded nonsense.

Heathen!

When we reach Cinnabar, Helix Fossil WILL be revived.

Only a fool celebrates the rebirth of a god. We are but specks, even a god as great as Helix Fossil may wish to purge the world... worse yet, bringing him to this plane also makes him vulnerable and we have many enemies who may take advantage.

Top Bottom