• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Rivals: Stardew Valley Challenge

I'm not one for watching streams, but saw this pop up and I got intrigued because it was Stardew Valley and wondered how they were making a competition out of it. Might be worth checking out. I'm still unclear how it will work though even after reading the rules.

Has a Stardew Valley streaming tourny happened before?

Twitch Rivals: Stardew Valley Challenge is a $35,000 online competition to celebrate the 3-year anniversary of the game’s release. The competition will feature streamers from both Europe and North America where they put their creativity to the test and complete a series of challenges. In addition to the primary broadcast (twitch.tv/twitchrivals), all invited competitors will be streaming their own perspective.

Schedule

PST CET EVENT
9:00am 18:00 Official Stream Begins
9:15am 18:15 Competition Starts
3:15pm 00:15 Competition Ends

Tournament Format

• Ten (10) teams of four (4) players
  • Teams will compete over 6 hours, beginning with a brand map for each team.
  • Teams will attempt to accomplish the following challenges:
    • Complete the Most Bundles - Teams compete to compose and deliver the most bundles to the corresponding bundle rooms in the community center. Teams will be ranked based on number of bundles delivered, followed by least amount of time.
    • Earn the Most Gold - Teams compete to earn the most gold within the designated Tournament period.
    • Mines Deep Divers - Teams compete to reach the bottom-most floor of the mines.
    • Obtain Legendary Fish - Teams compete to catch all five legendary fish in the least amount of time.
    • Farm Build Vote - Following the conclusion of the Tournament period, the captain of each team will be invited to give the Twitch Rivals stream a tour of their farm. Once all captains have given their tour, they will vote for any other farm but their own. Additionally, Twitch chat will vote on their favorite farm.

side note: is there a streaming competition OT? could be good to have a catch all thread for new tournys that go on.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Competitive Stardew Valley sounded stupid until I read the description of how they plan to challenge the contestants.

This seems really neat.

Grinchy

Banned
Well it looks like this is going on now. I haven't watched much, but so far, it sounded way more interesting in theory.

The commentators are kinda annoying.

Top Bottom