• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streamer banned over “sexually suggestive” Chun-Li cosplay.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I remember a time when booth babes were a thing at E3.

Now we can't even see women on twitch. Are the fucking catholic church running the internet?
No ugly, and/or fat, women have taken complete control. You can't be a white man or an attractive woman (of any race).

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
people are so prudish these days. in the 80s we had the Christian Right but SJWs are just as ban happy, and way more dangerous. these are the same people who regularly praise their benevolent corporations for their brave Representation while making it a personal mission to deplatform individuals. I say if anyone has a right to profit from a woman's body, it should be the woman herself.

that said, it is up to the platform holders, they are the ones who set this up and run it all. likely this is all just to protect the bottom line. the market can be very unfair, and easily manipulated, so it is a tenuous situation to be a streamer at all. you sacrifice a whole lot of control when you are dependent on their platform. then again they broadcast all kind of simulated murder via guns and melee combat, played by legal adults who swear and shoot the shit. it's not exactly child-friendly platform. IMO it sucks that violence is entirely overlooked while sex is hyper over analyzed & continually rejected as bad.

basically

whats-wrong-with-oskkqw.jpg

Last edited:

DansDans

What a shitty time we live in currently. Extreme/puritanical censorship that’s demanded by a vocal minority of fucking whiners, and spineless platforms that cower to their every whim in fear of social media mobs.

Too much skin. Too much violence. Not enough representation. Modern societal norms have changed, and not for the better.

I try not to buy into the argument that we’ve generally devolved into a bunch of super-sensitive pussies, but it’s getting harder and harder not to buy in. This incident is just another log on the bonfire of ass.

Too much violence? I’ve never heard that one before...

I do videos of movie reviews on YouTube. I need to age restrict videos with sexy scenes but the ones with violence and mild gore are ok. Go figure...

Twitch double standards has become ridiculous.
Chun li cosplay = ban
nude body painting = ok
hot tub streams = ok
flashing your vagina = only 3 day ban

Javthusiast

Banned
If the rules were consistent and not based on the mods whim who comes across a channel, then by their definition of banning this streamer, majority of just chat section would be wiped out with bans, cause I seen a ton of girls wearing less daily.

I have no problems with them making money with the usual sex sells tactic, hell If I could do it I definitely would milk it to my advantage too, cause it‘s easy money if you are hot enough.

The problem is, there is no rhyme or reason for who gets banned and who doesn‘t.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is perfectly fine with Twitch
30280934400-offset-15360-social-preview.jpg

Thighs though? Jesus, what are you a fucking degenarate?
I guess the Chun Li streamer forgot to blow someone at Twitch for those thot privileges.
I'm sure it is white privilege!

bS7dctN.png

An advantage women have over men in the battle of the sexes is how attractive they are, forcing women to cover up and not use that advantage to gain views/subs/money is a way to level the playing field with ugly men. It's totally misogynist and a way to hurt womens bank accounts, any true feminist should demand Twitch change their rules now!

Banned for not being a protected partner.

Pretty much.

I was curious so i checked Just Chatting on Twitch and currently streaming with 1000+ viewers:

KucySwn.jpg

Personally i could care less, but the double standard that they use on bans is painfully obvious.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It is wrong.

- Signed by every ugly jealous person on Earth

What happened was before SJW internet wars, jealous people had nobody to cry to except their diary and their soaking wet bedtime pillow.

Now, they sit back eating chips and brownies all day getting fat and complain someone on the net is getting attention, so if they whine loud enough someone might take action and dumb everything down to their level.

She's playing dumb spewing the ol' "It's just a cosplay - This is so unfair!" cry.

She knows and every one knows damn well Chun Li's design was intentionally sexualised, Who are we kidding? Who is she kidding? She thought she was gonna gain some views and followers using the oldest trick in the book: Selling sex and it back fired.

Having said that, Twitch is contradictory and needs to decide what the fuck they are. I never go on there as i have a life but i'm well aware these days it's full of thots in vest tops, hot pants doing the whole "look how cute and eccentric i am, whoops can you guyz see my cleavage? Oh silly meeee!" performance; But i thought it was supposed to be a game streaming platform - Not Chaturbate soft core edition.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
These characters in those games are designed like that so why ban people who dress like those characters?
And there is nothing wrong in sexualization of female (or male) characters.

TheContact

This makes no sense in the context of boob streamers and cam girls like Alinity who seemingly get away with essentially exploring their bodies for money rather than being a game streamer versus someone here who is just cosplaying completely covered

Javthusiast

Banned
Qucqo has less than 300 viewers on average, prime thots thousands. That's why she got a ban and the others wearing less didn't.

They have to show to the outside world that they don't allow nudity to save face, but don't wanna actually ban their pg 13 chaturbate breadmakers.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
As much as I think this shits beyond stupid, I also think... Well, you have tits, and people will pay for no fucking reason just to see you play Counternite badly, so... I can't even be mad at them... I mean, fuck, if somebody wants to pay to watch me game in my underwear while showing off my man tits, hit me up, lets do this.

Sephimoth

On the ResetEra thread for this, the OP states "So she’s getting brigaded by GamerGater trolls from reddit."

Is it actually GGers doing the trolling?

I think if anything, it shows that whoever banned her had dirty mind at the time. I mean, you absolutely cannot ban people for that, regardless of decade or era. Unless...I dunno, you follow Sharia or something.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
How about you lay off religious symbols like the burka with your anti-Islamic sentiments. Feel free to ogle women who sexually objectify themselves as well having other men ogle your daughters, sisters, mothers and wives. But if there are women who choose to adhere to a certain way of life and follow a set of rules so as to adopt modesty, avoid molestation and save their beauties for their husbands and families, then try and respect that even if you don't agree with it.

The hypocrisy of it all...you guys want acceptance for all these people with varying sexual affinities, because they're not hurting anyone apparently, right?! Well, who is a woman in a burka hurting?! Who is she bothering? Oh, she's not getting your juices up and running; how unacceptable!!

This is a gaming forum, correct? Lay off the jabs at other people's religions. We have sensibilities just like every other person out there. Don't make a mockery of us and disregard us because of misplaced hatred and a lack of understanding.
Once upon a time in Morocco, sitting in a hotel, all of these islamic men kept coming in who wasnt staying at the hotel, they used to come in to perve on the white daughters of the holiday guests, the hotel owners let them do it too..

I guess their wives beauty was too well hidden for them?

This is perfectly fine with Twitch
30280934400-offset-15360-social-preview.jpg

Thighs though? Jesus, what are you a fucking degenarate?
I guess the Chun Li streamer forgot to blow someone at Twitch for those thot privileges.
dem titties
the ladies certainly knows what gets the clicks .....i did click on that arrow :)

Stitch

Gold Member
Real Reason for Ban Revealed

The site doesn't actually say what the real reason was lol

it's possible that the ban was imposed because of her content in general. It's also possible that the "sexually suggestive content" still refers to the behavior of people in her Twitch chat, the original theory for why her channel was banned, but that hasn't been confirmed or denied at the time of this writing.

:pie_thinking:

Sure, she could've. But we all know those characters don't have tits and ass on display, not like Chun-Li or Mai Shiranui, and she obviously knows that dressing sexy brings in the views/money. And, yes...I realize the issue is not the fact that she's making money off wearing sexy clothes on stream while dudes drool, the issue is that Twitch seems to be inconsistent with how/why they ban women for wearing revealing outfits.

I don't see anything wrong with that - as long as channel is 18+

jadedm17

legal adults who swear and shoot the shit. it's not exactly child-friendly platform. IMO it sucks that violence is entirely overlooked while sex is hyper over analyzed & continually rejected as bad.

basically

My personal beliefs are do what you want if you're not hurting anyone else, like here in Florida if you want to ride a motorcycle and not protect your brain.

That said I personally believe time and place and don't think "Twitch thots" like Amouranth should be on the platform; There's plenty of other non-nude and nude websites for that. Twitch to me was created as a platform to express creativity such as personality playing games to - now - drawing, cooking and more. Comfort is fine and I support a body painting streamer who does wonderful work but the nature of her work just happens to be near-nudity, it's not just near-nudity for the sake of getting people worked up.

The real problem here is the confusion of what is and isn't appropriate since Twitch doesn't seem to care what you do if you have the right following : Amouranth, DrDisrespect to name a few.
This streamer shouldn't have been banned for her simple costume yet others do far more and Twitch doesn't blink.

Last edited:

raduque

That said I personally believe time and place and don't think "Twitch thots" like Amouranth should be on the platform; There's plenty of other non-nude and nude websites for that.
Yup, send those over-hyped camgirls back to Livejasmin

Grinchy

Banned
I gotta say it's weird you can play a game where someone wears that outfit on Twitch but not wear it yourself.
lol I dunno, games have naked people and you can't be naked. You kill people in games, can't do that on stream either. It's almost like there's no connection to what the pixels are doing and what you personally know is or isn't appropriate to do in real life.

Ulysses 31

lol I dunno, games have naked people and you can't be naked. You kill people in games, can't do that on stream either. It's almost like there's no connection to what the pixels are doing and what you personally know is or isn't appropriate to do in real life.
Dude, twitch bans you if you get carjacked!

Twitch allows games with nudity? Not to my knowledge. Best not to compare a woman in a cosplay outfit to real violence, btw.

Top Bottom