Twitter’s Jack Dorsey is on JRE right now

Sep 4, 2018
gonna listen to this!

Joe Rogan is cool. i don't agree w everything he says but he is very open minded and has talked to a lot of interesting people & bullshitters (sometimes both at once). classic for the multi hour long smoke outs with Alex Jones and Elon Musk, talking crazy conspiracy shit, etc.

IMO Rogan himself is more down to Earth than his reputation lets on. he has a lot of crazy friends and a lot of that gets projected onto him. some political fanatics hate him because of who he interviews. but he doesn't just passively let these people talk. he gets into it and will call people out. if you listen to the Gavin McInnes one, he and his friend spend a lot of time disagreeing with what he says. they can disagree and still have a conversation. that seems to be what his show is entirely about.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Joe's official response to critics who felt that he didn't grill Jack Dorsey hard enough as well as those who were speculating whether there were comments deleted or that the video itself was edited prior to posting:

A reasonable explanation for his stances. I was reading the YouTube comments and seemingly half of them were from zealots clinging to the fantasy that Twitter has it out for conservatives (no, it's just that the modern right has a problem with harassers, Russian bots and neo-Nazis). Rogan is the sort who'd ask about allegations of bias, but isn't going to be fixated on it like the conspiracists want him to be.

Apr 15, 2018
A reasonable explanation for his stances. I was reading the YouTube comments and seemingly half of them were from zealots clinging to the fantasy that Twitter has it out for conservatives (no, it's just that the modern right has a problem with harassers, Russian bots and neo-Nazis). Rogan is the sort who'd ask about allegations of bias, but isn't going to be fixated on it like the conspiracists want him to be.
Naw, we leave the conspiracies to the democrats.

This was the typical Rogan interview, but he could have pushed harder on what the standards for his moderattors are. This interview clarified nothing

Oct 24, 2017
I am sorry but when people who suggest white women with white boys a trip to the abortion clinic and are verrified then there is something wrong. When a Leslie (Ghostbusters) retweets some critic tweet against her and tells her follower to get him which is actually harassment and all these people do not get any punishment and also stay verified then there is something wrong here.

I am not saying it is Jack but there are people at twitter who easily ignore doxxing, harassment and death threats against more conservative people. After the whole beachbody ready ad the model for it received tons of death threats from fat feminists but none of them where even restricted.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Why are the NPCs linking this Sam Seder fool lately? And how is his incoherent rambling evidence that the Rogan podcast is not freeform discussion with a diverse range of guests and minimal political bias?

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I am sorry but when people who suggest white women with white boys a trip to the abortion clinic and are verrified then there is something wrong. When a Leslie (Ghostbusters) retweets some critic tweet against her and tells her follower to get him which is actually harassment and all these people do not get any punishment and also stay verified then there is something wrong here.

I am not saying it is Jack but there are people at twitter who easily ignore doxxing, harassment and death threats against more conservative people. After the whole beachbody ready ad the model for it received tons of death threats from fat feminists but none of them where even restricted.
There's a difference between inadequate enforcement and systemic abuse of enforcement. "Something wrong" doesn't mean "conspiracy." As an example: women have complained for years about men harassing them on Twitter, but the company had a reputation for doing a poor job of shutting down those harassers (and that's still an issue to a degree). Twitter just hasn't done a great job of enforcing its policies across the spectrum.

Also, how are feminists inherently liberal? Unless you want to contend that all conservatives hate women's rights...

Oct 6, 2018
Joe's official response to critics who felt that he didn't grill Jack Dorsey hard enough as well as those who were speculating whether there were comments deleted or that the video itself was edited prior to posting:

As for the interview, I asked the questions I wanted to ask, and although his answers on some of them were vague, I felt like I got out of him whatever I was going to get without being too confrontational.
Like it or not (and I personally generally like it), this is Joe's podcast philosophy. The podcast is a conversation, not a grilling. Chat a bit about paleo, smoke a little weed and the guests tend to open up. Even with the recent Tyson one, there were a few streams of conversation that I wished Joe would have pressed him on a little more, but Tyson changed the topic and Joe respected that. Despite that, in the end the Tyson podcast was great. Compare it to this car crash:

It's great that this Twitter guy is planning to come back to discuss the whole censorship issue in more detail. Rogan remains by far the best interviewer (or I should say conversationalist) in public life today.

Oct 6, 2018
Completely off topic, but this thread led me to Rogan's Twitter, which led me to this:

I'm not even on Twitter, but I like to check his account from time to time for amazing shit like this (and the Nature Is Scary retweets).

shirtless guys win

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Completely off topic, but this thread led me to Rogan's Twitter, which led me to this:

I'm not even on Twitter, but I like to check his account from time to time for amazing shit like this (and the Nature Is Scary retweets).

shirtless guys win
Was this like organized team MMA? I mean they are wearing gloves but I hate seeing dudes stomped while on the ground

Oct 6, 2018
That’s gonna break the internet. I can’t wait
Me neither, but it's been so long since it was recorded that I fear Kanye had a characteristic change of heart and decided that he doesn't want it released.

Still, Musk, Tyson, Kanye, this Twitter guy, Joey Diaz...Joe has really been on a roll recently.

Oct 6, 2018
Was this like organized team MMA? I mean they are wearing gloves but I hate seeing dudes stomped while on the ground
I think so (maybe between rival schools?) I'm studying in north China, and they are a lot of Russian students in my school. One classmate in particular is really into MMA. I'll show him the video and ask him WTF is going on as soon as the Chinese New Year break is over. I was thinking about going to the MMA gym with him (he's a trainer), but all the other people are Russian too, and frankly I don't want to get the shit beat out of me! I've been to Thai boxing gyms in Thailand and the UK, but those Russians play by different rules!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Jun 8, 2004
If Dorsey is really interested in coming back on, that's pretty interesting since he's fully aware it'll be a much tougher go this time. I guess we'll see. Wonder how long it'll be before that podcast happens.

May 22, 2018

shirtless guys win
lol wtf

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)

shirtless guys win
I’m actually in this video.
You hear me moaning in the end.

I showed them!

Last edited:

Kadayi

Probable Replicant
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
Listened to the Dorsey Interview and I have to say it felt like a bit of a stroll, and that JR didn't really call him out, however, based on what he followed up with and other matters it seems like JR wasn't necessarily aware of everything and the whole de-platforming thing so it's good to hear that he's looking more into it and also that Dorsey is prepared to come back. Need to watch the Gaad/Dorsey Interview and the JR/Tim Pool one. I like Tim a lot, occasionally he loses his bearings, but for the most part, he seems pretty centred. Dude needs to lose the beanie though. I realise it's part of his angle, but hats indoors are never a good look.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
That’s why he’s so effective as an interviewer. His calm and friendly demeanour provides a sense of security and encourages people to open up to an extent that they normally wouldn’t in a formal setting.
Spot on. The Paxman grilling approach is just grandstanding for the most part, it's about the interviewer building a reputation, and stroking their own ego, but you can generally get a lot more out of someone by letting them show their true madness, which is something that happens best in a, for want of a better way of putting it, more therapeutic environment, like the interviewer is their psychiatrist. The interviewer's job is to facilitate getting the most out of the interviewee.