• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter mad that Japanese People don't hate Ghost of Tsushima

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
It's just sad knowing that there are people out there wasting so much time and emotion on things that really don't matter. Imagine if they put all of that towards things that really DO matter.

Makes me think it must be pretty nice to live a life where you don't have any actual concerns or worries, so you just make some up and get flustered over them. Cause why not, right?

Thirty7ven

Apr 13, 2020
The best part is these fuckheads arguing that Asian Americans have a different perspective and therefore their views on how problematic GoT is should be paid attention to. Well fuckheads, the game isn't set in America, doesn't feature a white savior trope, so your opinion on it is worth absolutely zero.

Entroyp

Jul 28, 2017
lol I thought it was about real ghosts. Wait ghosts aren’t real.. or are they?

Last edited:

Dacon

Apr 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
The best part is these fuckheads arguing that Asian Americans have a different perspective and therefore their views on how problematic GoT is should be paid attention to. Well fuckheads, the game isn't set in America, doesn't feature a white savior trope, so your opinion on it is worth absolutely zero.
Yeah, they seem to think that those opinions that generate from within Western society are paramount and therefore matter more than any others.

Esppiral

Nov 19, 2018
I haven't find a more clasist society than the (North) American.

News here in Europe.
A man has been killed.

News in the US
A (white/black) man has been killed.

Who the fu*k cares if it was white or black or purple? A man has been killed...

Last edited:

Fake

Formerly '~Fake'
Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Is just me getting vibes over Sonic x Birds movie?

I really, really hope this has nothing to do with TLOUSpart2...

Woggleman

Jan 1, 2020
Is just me getting vibes over Sonic x Birds movie?

I really, really hope this has nothing to do with TLOUSpart2...
It has nothing to do with it. At the end of the day I will defend the rights of both creators to make the kind of games they want and I hope the head of Sucker Punch stands by his work as hard as ND has. ND has also been praising GOT to high heaven on twitter.

Dolomite

May 14, 2020
Japan never had an issue with that Scarlett Johansson Ghost in the Shell movie either. I swear some people wake up everyday looking for reasons to be outraged about stuff.
Everyone had an issue with that movie. Awful film, bad take. White washing aside😂😂

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
Why are people so fucking stupid
Indeed, they make Cleetus look like a refined gentlemen :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Imagine being well spoken and able to engage in debate (conceptually anyway lol), but your head is filled with all manner of putrid cheeses that you think are actually hard-hitting woke-facts. People trying to engage with them cover their noses from the smell of the various cheeses and they are branded cheese-ists by the submental cheese-merchant.

I now treat these people in the same way as I treat my 5 year old neice, she tells me the reason why she wrote half the text on her birthday card reply to me backwards and I just nod my head and say "ahhh right, makes sense", while doing this face:

Imagine Jack Nicholson was your uncle haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerdav and MrS

Fake

Formerly '~Fake'
Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It has nothing to do with it. At the end of the day I will defend the rights of both creators to make the kind of games they want and I hope the head of Sucker Punch stands by his work as hard as ND has. ND has also been praising GOT to high heaven on twitter.
How do you know that? Have you heard about the twitter over the Sonic movie?
There is a thread here talking about people getting mad because Sonic get more viewers than Birds of Pray, so they started to spam bullshit over the twitter about Sonic being a 'bad movie for family'.

Have nothing to do with ND or Sony at all, but about twitter users and fanboys. Twitter community usally do that. Cancel, white knight, spam, bots...

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020

Saw this and it made me giggle, so I thought I'd share.

I can't wait till I can afford Ghosts.
Twitter is full of idiots. Of course they would be mad about that. It's always funny when people think they have the right to speak on the behalf of others. This is why I limit my time on social media. I don't want to get swallowed up by their bullshit.

Woggleman

Jan 1, 2020
How do you know that? Have you heard about the twitter over the Sonic movie?
There is a thread here talking about people getting mad because Sonic get more viewers than Birds of Pray, so they started to spam bullshit over the twitter about Sonic being a 'bad movie for family'.

Have nothing to do with ND or Sony at all, but about twitter users and fanboys. Twitter community usally do that. Cancel, white knight, spam, bots...
I can't speak for anybody else but TLOU2 might be my game of the gen and I hope GOT does great as well.

Reactions: MrS

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
This makes sense to me. You can only voice characters that are the same race as you, so you can only model digital characters that look exactly like you. You can only design games in a setting that resembles your real-world surroundings. You can only listen to music made by people who look exactly like you. You can only make food that was created within a 10 mile radius of where you were born.

These are the teachings of the Twitter prophets.

Amiga

Jul 8, 2020
Japanese hate being called "Asian".
I'm "Asian" but have no connection with the cultures of Japan/Korea/China/India/Uzbekistan.

the term "Asian" in north america is a raciest aggregation of a group of people based on what is perceived as common facial features. unfortunately migrants from south/east Asia play along with it.

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
I saw some Japanese say they felt the game's overall aesthetic seemed a bit more Chinese but that was pre-release content. None of them were mad though.
iirc sucker punch had interviews many Japanese officials to ask about using real figures from that era, they were told that could be offensive so they opted for fictional. So they are listening, and to me that shows they made the game in good faith.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Kadayi

danielJackson

Jun 18, 2020
It's just sad knowing that there are people out there wasting so much time and emotion on things that really don't matter. Imagine if they put all of that towards things that really DO matter.

Makes me think it must be pretty nice to live a life where you don't have any actual concerns or worries, so you just make some up and get flustered over them. Cause why not, right?
Not sure what these people could do, they have like sub 75 IQ so they are practically mentally handicapped.

No normal sane person gets offended by stupid shit like them, or seeing racism everywhere while they are most racist persons on earth themselves

They just wait the opportunity to cry about "minorities" while killing 1000 white isnt anything, even when whites are smaller minority than blacks

Reactions: MrS
Aug 17, 2016
Across the universe
I haven't find a more clasist society than the (North) American.

News here in Europe.
A man has been killed.

News in the US
A (white/black) man has been killed.

Who the fu*k cares if it was white or black or purple? A man has been killed...
Wow wow.. who cares if it's man or woman? A human has been killed..

Wow let me stop you right there! Who cares if it's a human or another species? A living being has been killed..

There is always a stupid asshole on the internet to make an argument out of a complete non-issue. I can even imagine some twitter retard going for "who cares if it's a living being".

Reactions: Hellmaker