• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Canadian cinema owners receive death threats ahead of Unplanned screening

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Jul 7, 2018

Police have been called in to investigate allegations of death threats made to cinema theater owners in Canada who had scheduled to screen the pro-life movie Unplanned. B.J. McKelvie, president of Cinedicon, the Canadian distributor of the film that tells the story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood manager-turned pro-life activist, confirmed two Canadian independent cinema owners reported threats that caused them to be “fearful for their families,” said LifeSiteNews.

Yet another independent theater owner was reportedly “harassed to the extreme.”

Chuck Konzelman, one of the film’s producer-directors, reportedly said McKelvie requested, for the sake of safety, the film’s producers remove from their website the July 12 listing of 46 Canadian theaters that will be screening the movie.

The death threats are reportedly aimed at the independent theater owners. McKelvie noted “they didn’t get anywhere with Cineplex, or they didn’t get anywhere with Landmark.”
"LET US KILL UNBORN BABIES OR WE'LL KILL YOU!" is not a very promising sign from those that preach tolerance.

But I guess if they knew that tolerance meant "YOU leave ME alone as well." they would not be NPCs.

• Triggered
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I miss the days when the Left tore down their opponents' standpoints using logic, well-researched evidence, and their opponents' own sensibilities. Now they just act like fascists, trying to chase any dissenting opinion out of the market by screeching, demanding, and threatening.

This makes the outraged 80s/90s evangelical Christians seem reasonable in comparison.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Jun 2, 2013
Austria
Degenerates.

But the death threats are empty threats anyway, so they should pull it through.

Shaqazooloo

Gold Member
Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I miss the days when the Left tore down their opponents' standpoints using logic, well-researched evidence, and their opponents' own sensibilities. Now they just act like fascists, trying to chase any dissenting opinion out of the market by screeching, demanding, and threatening.

This makes the outraged 80s/90s evangelical Christians seem reasonable in comparison.
It's insane how much of turn around this is. I never would've thought the left would end up like this.

Jul 6, 2015
I have yet to see anyone that has this political stance posses any kind of physical danger. I'd tell them to try to carry out their threat.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
It's insane how much of turn around this is. I never would've thought the left would end up like this.
Yeah. If you would have told me during the Bush era that the left would go insane like this in a few short years and actually talk about Bush in a positive light to spite orange man, or that Trump would be president, I would asked you if you were off your fucking meds.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Absolutely. The blue haired old ladies [as opposed to the modern blue haired young women] were ridiculous , but America rejoiced in tearing them down with comedy. The modern left would likely reject Beavis and Butthead at this point. Certainly George Carlin, a literal defining icon of the left for two generations.

I think comedy is a big reason, actually. Comedy is perfect for exposing the fool. Dana Carvey's Church Lady, as a specific example, but all of SNL and tv in general. The modern left looks back at something like Archie Bunker and denounces it as racist, completely blind to the fact it brought disparate cultures together through comedy.

And that's why we are here. The far left has killed comedy in the name of intersectionalist political correctness. They won't listen to the comedians, because they've labeled them as fascists. Anyone who doesn't toe the line is eaten alive, like louie CK, while Sarah Silverman's blackfaced and crude history gets ignored since she drinks the koolaid.

It's why the right now owns meme's and the internet. It's the 90's in reverse, except instead of TV we have the internet. It's just harder this time because the evangilical Christians didn't own the media, whereas the far left is better entrenched.

Reactions: matt404au
Aug 15, 2018
I really like how this movie doesn't completely demonize pro-choicers. The workers at Planned Parenthood were presented as genuine people who thought what they were doing was right, and it actually showed a few bad apples on the pro life side in the beginning. While I am pro life, as I do believe abortion is murder and should be illegal, I don't really like it when people are displayed as inhuman monsters. I hear it a lot from pro-choice people and sometimes some of my fellow pro-lifers. Many women who abort are coerced into it and don't seem to understand what an abortion does and that the unborn are unique human beings. That doesn't justify the action whatsoever, but it is something people should know.

That being said, I'm sadly not surprised by these recent events. I think some of the pro-choicers protesting and giving death threats could learn a lot about the pro-life side from this film.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Why are people incapable of avoiding things that they don't agree with? Why do these idiots feel like they have to shield people from dissenting viewpoints? What people believe should hold up to scrutiny. It isn't like they are getting forced into seeing the movie or bait and switched when they buy a ticket for Spiderman. It is people's choice to see that movie. It is right in the name of their ideology.

King of Foxes

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
The same false flag that was Andy NGOs assault, I guess?
Im not to familiar with that but other than thay mosque shooting pol dont seem like they leave the house to actually do anything.

Random death threats to stir shit up is more their style.

Having said that antifa are completely fucked up so i would buy either story.

Reactions: Tesseract

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Crazies on both sides are always sending death threats to the other side. Although it is a bit more ironic for the pro life crowd to be the ones sending them... But hell people are sending death threats over video games all the time.

Reactions: Tesseract

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
the threats are cross cancelling each other out, now's our chance to release hylics the movie

Dec 15, 2011
Death threats, no matter the origin or the target, are among the starkest exhibitions of having no tolerance to views other than your own.

The irony of the context - as pointed out in the OP - shouldn't take anything away from the moral bankruptcy of these degenerates and their threats of violence.