• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

two guys attempt to murder VR on stage at PSX

iNvid02

b0MtKxi.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgvRh2qJWIQ

vr is in stable condition after the attack

Meia

And only now do I fully understand why Occulus has been so quiet about showing things up til now.

"VR doesn't demo well, so two weeks ago we started working on a demo build..."

I'm going to have to ask how you were able to get this script past your producer (or any producer) without someone getting fired on the spot, and I don't mean the writer.

Jedi2016

Trying to demonstrate VR is a complete waste of time and effort. No one can possibly have even the tiniest inkling of what it's like unless they actually try it for themselves, no matter how many demos and videos and whatever else you do, it's just pointless.

Nuke Soda

That one guy sort of laughed like Beavis. Then I imagined Beavis and Butthead on stage and the demo made more sense.

iNvid02

I feel very bad for those guys. Not their fault. Shit happens, and all of the tools are still in a constant state of flux.

he said they created the demo in 2 weeks as well after learning the stage layout, so that explains a lot

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The games showed looked like mobile level games... Sony really think someone gonna buy a 400+ bucks device to play this?

modalife

Banned
I'm still unsure how VR will fit into my gaming portfolio, but I will wait and see once it comes out. Gotta keep an open mind for it.

Tsunamo

These fickle people you speak of? It's their loss.

Honestly, if you think this is representative at all of anything that isn't still in active development, you're mistaken.
I didn't think it was, the proper software on show is good, but I don't think it was wise to try to livedemo PSVR. I personally think VR's one of those things that works best with a handson expirence and you can't show it too well. (Jedi put it into words better than I did)

Tingle

...they should really be careful with the level of quality they are choosing to show off.

There is really no advantage of showing off a product if it looks bad- work on it, make it better, then show it off. Nobody wants to watch an awkward clumsy mess- whether they are interested in VR or not.

Future

I didn't think it was, the proper software on show is good, but I don't think it was wise to try to livedemo PSVR. I personally think VR's one of those things that works best with a handson expirence and you can't show it too well. (Jedi put it into words better than I did)

It's kinda just like that when used in real life though. VRs got a long way to go, even though there are many that dream otherwise

Top Bottom