• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new special 3DS XL for Europe: Luigi and Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Digital copy of the game?

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

kubus

Welp. So that's going to be my fifth 3DS then.

I hope Nintendo never makes another Zelda game just so I won't become poor from all these LE :'(

Lucent

Well, the front doesn't look that great. Having second thoughts.

Yeah gold isn't exactly my favorite color. Though I did like the look of the gold nuchuk and the gold zelda wiimote that came with Skyward Sword. And the top and bottom of the case when opened, representing Hyrule and Lorule, is pretty creative.

Farslain

I think I need the Zelda one.

Problem I'm having is my Zelda OoT 3ds with grip accessory is so damn comfortable in my ape hands, making it hard to justify an XL.

Also, Nintendo you bastards, you made us all double dip on Wind Waker with the Ganon figure and Wii U console, now we're doing the same with the da da da daa chest and this.

Am cry.

Link0080

Still have my launch 3DS and I've been waiting for a Zelda 3DS XL, the waiting will come to an end when this is released! Don't want the digital copy but oh well.

Oh btw, is it complicated to transfer my ambassador stuff?

8bit

Knows the Score
Still have my launch 3DS and I've been waiting for a Zelda 3DS XL, the waiting will come to an end when this is released! Don't want the digital copy but oh well.

Oh btw, is it complicated to transfer my ambassador stuff?

No.

£200 for a 3DS XL, fucking lol

Might've bit at £149
That is the same store that sells solos 2DS for £999.99 :/ (I want to see a limited edition 2DS just to see the dram it causes...I'm sure the Pokemon Centre will make that the only to get a Japanese 2DS).

I'm pleased the RRP of hardware bundles is down to £200 though (I'm sure it used to be £220). £180 is honestly the best you can expect for such hardware (which is also the RRP of a no games XL).

Hardware on its own has been below £150 on many occasions.

Farslain

So if the game is pre installed and us current 3ds users transfer our software over we'll lose the pre installed Link Between Worlds, correct?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So if the game is pre installed and us current 3ds users transfer our software over we'll lose the pre installed Link Between Worlds, correct?
No, you keep the pre-installed games when doing a transfer.

Copenap

Since the Zelda one comes with the digital version, I assume it's on a sd card? How big is that card and can I transfer it/redownload if I buy a bigger sd card?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zelda one is clever, but I'm not really a fan of gold consoles.

I've always thought the Luigi was really nifty looking from the moment they first showed it so I'm glad it is coming over here. Will it be stand alone or come with M&L?

EDIT: Answered below.

L~A

Year of Luigi 3DS XL will cost 179.99£ (199.99€), standard price for a 3DS XL :

The Legend of Zelda : A Link Between Worlds bundle will cost 199.99£ (219.99€), standard price for a 3DS XL bundle :

Welp. So that's going to be my fifth 3DS then.

I hope Nintendo never makes another Zelda game just so I won't become poor from all these LE :'(

You better start looking for your... what... 6th job now? Cause there'll probably be something for the inevitable Majora's Mask remake!

Nosgoroth

Gah, if it weren't for the gold interior I would be getting that Zelda 3DS XL for sure.

I like my gold Wiimote, though. I don't know.

wrowa

Ewwh, it's gold from the inside? That's a bummer. I thought only the top cover would be gold with the inside of the 3DS being black. Complete gold is a little too tacky for my taste.

leng jai

The Zelda one is good. The key is in its simplicity. Nine times out of ten CE hardware ends up looking tacky/gaudy.

magnetic

The gold on the inside with the black buttons make it look like some late 70s, early 80s calculator I had as a kid.

I personally think it looks really, really good - and I usually don´t like "gold" colors.

BowieZ

Banned
Finally! A design that isn't embarrassingly upside down when in normal use... (besides the deliberate upside down shadow of course lol)!

Oh god NO NO NO Zelda 3DS XL ahhhhhhhhhhhh how on earth can i pass that up?

might trade in my normal Zelda 3DS and/or my Pikachu 3DS XL

Moff

noob question: does the XL use the same ac adapter as the normal 3DS? does the xl have more space for downloads?

JordanKZ

noob question: does the XL use the same ac adapter as the normal 3DS? does the xl have more space for downloads?

Yes, it uses the same AC adapter.
No, it still uses SD cards. It has no internal storage. But upgrading to a larger size is as simple as moving the files off the original SD card onto your computer and then back onto a new larger one.

Top Bottom