• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Point Campus Review Thread

Bullet Club

aSGYCLc.jpg

Developer: Two Point Studios

Publisher: SEGA

Platforms:
  • Nintendo Switch (Aug 9, 2022)
  • PC (Aug 9, 2022)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Aug 9, 2022)
  • PlayStation 5 (Aug 9, 2022)
  • Xbox One (Aug 9, 2022)
  • PlayStation 4 (Aug 9, 2022)

U8Fu4LH.jpg

Destructoid - Zoey Handley - 8.5 / 10

Two Point Campus is a wonderful return to the universe, and I’ll happily — perhaps impatiently — be waiting for the next chance to visit.

Eurogamer - Ed Nightingale - Recommended

Just as it did with Two Point Hospital, Two Point Studios has combined neatly overlapping managmenet systems with an irrepressably oddball charm.

Game Informer - Alex Van Aken - 8.5 / 10

Ultimately, Two Point Campus is a deeply-engaging management sim that doesn’t force you to punch down, and it’s more enjoyable for it.

GameSpot - Richard Wakeling - 8 / 10

Two Point Campus emphasizes partying and friendship just as much as studying and attending class, adding a unique twist to this business management sim.

GamesRadar+ - Sam Loveridge - 4 / 5

Once you get a handle on the unique rhythms of this university simulator, Two Point Campus can be incredibly rewarding, particularly when it gives you the space to appreciate just how fine-tuned the needs of each of your campuses really can be.

IGN - Leana Hafer - 8 / 10

The wacky humor might be hit or miss, but as a management sim, Two Point Campus graduates with honors.

PC Gamer - Fraser Brown - 80 / 100

Two Point Campus is a school I'd be proud to call my alma mater.

PCGamesN - Dave Irwin - 7 / 10

Two Point Campus certainly makes the passing grade thanks to its unrelenting sense of humour and occasionally brilliant level concepts, but too much repetitive busywork keeps it from getting top marks.

Press Start - Kieron - 8 / 10

Two Point Campus is another excellent entry from Two Point Studios that showcases not only more of the team's penchant for humorous and accessible management sim gameplay but genuine love for the genre. With a new spin that makes for a distinctly new-feeling gameplay loop and moment-to-moment decision making there's something here for both hardcore sim fans and casual onlookers. Some missed opportunities and controller-specific issues aside, there's never been a better time to create a ton of student debt.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Ed Thorn - Unscored

University management is an easygoing joy which makes it a great time for all, even if it doesn't entirely reward you for building a campus that's uniquely yours.

Shacknews - TJ Denzer - 9 / 10

All in all, it’s a game I could lose hours on in the blink of an eye, just like it was the first day of the rest of my life. A, for excellence.

Stevivor - Stuart Gollan - 8 / 10

While I have my qualms, building a university is a worthwhile, entertaining experience. Two Point Campus could do with a bump in challenge and some better pacing, but its core of building and management are great fun. Two Point Campus is funny, engaging and rewarding, a fine example of the management sim.

The Independent - Jasper Pickering - 8 / 10

While it never takes itself too seriously, Two Point Campus is an exceedingly complex game that gradually reveals itself through later scenarios – and, by the time the player gets there, is intuitive enough to never feel overwhelming in the amount of options available. The game does well to play the class clown, but its deceptive enough to hide plenty of A-grade material under its desk.

TheGamer - Helen Ashcroft - 5 / 5

Education has never been so much fun.

TrustedReviews - Gemma Ryles - 4.5 / 5

Verdict Content Two Point Campus is a fantastic simulation game that blends together management, quirky graphics and interesting characters to create a unique experience. With intuitive creation tools and a satisfying finance system, you’ve got everything you need to make your dream campus.

VGC - Chris Scullion - 4 / 5

Two Point Campus takes its predecessor's lighthearted premise and expertly transfers it to a different environment. Its difficulty curve can be erratic and it has some bugs, but it's a laugh-filled time nonetheless.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cool, almost exactly the same as Hospital then across MC and OC. All I needed to hear was that they hadn't fucked it up. Looking forward to it.

amigastar

Nice, i liked Two Point Hospital. I just wish they would make a Theme Park successor, which i've played on the amiga back in the days.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I think these two point things are only swaps of the theme, I enjoyed Tow Point Hospital until I had to juggle multiple hospitals, that part wasn't fun.

Still playing through hospital (which is really bloody good!) so will hold off on this for a bit. Very much looking forward to playing it though.

Kenpachii

Found the hospital version annoying more then fun. Will skip. University version seems like the worst idea to move forwards with.

Jennings

This game is also on Xbox Game Pass starting August 9th. I'll give it a try after finishing Xenoblade 3.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Done 4 campuses so far, enjoying it as a "switch off" game at the end of the night. Getting a campus to 1* is usually a good session length. Did the first two to 3* but will probably just move ahead and spend forever on the last inevitably gigantic one.

.....Right all we need now is a return of Theme Park....

There's loads of modern theme park builder options, sadly it just seems like none are as endearing as Theme Park. Just typing it makes me want to load it up.

RAIDEN1

Done 4 campuses so far, enjoying it as a "switch off" game at the end of the night. Getting a campus to 1* is usually a good session length. Did the first two to 3* but will probably just move ahead and spend forever on the last inevitably gigantic one.

There's loads of modern theme park builder options, sadly it just seems like none are as endearing as Theme Park. Just typing it makes me want to load it up.
The other problem is, there is no-way in playing Theme Park on modern systems, apparently the GOG version is messed up...which is frustrating, and neither is it on Steam either...if I am correct..

Bridges

The difficulty spike in Spiffinmoore is insane. Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but I'm finding it really hard to raise the average grade to a B+, keeps hovering between C+ and B.

I'm starting to go into debt and fear I might have to start all over soon, Campus Level is 22 and I still haven't gotten the first star. The intruders turning entire rooms of students into pumpkin heads and clogging up my many hospitals isn't helping things either.

EDIT: Moments after I posted this, finally got the first star. I may have spent as long getting that first star as I did getting to three stars in the first couple campuses.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
The difficulty spike in Spiffinmoore is insane. Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but I'm finding it really hard to raise the average grade to a B+, keeps hovering between C+ and B.

I'm starting to go into debt and fear I might have to start all over soon, Campus Level is 22 and I still haven't gotten the first star. The intruders turning entire rooms of students into pumpkin heads and clogging up my many hospitals isn't helping things either.

EDIT: Moments after I posted this, finally got the first star. I may have spent as long getting that first star as I did getting to three stars in the first couple campuses.
The grades are quite easy once you have a constan cash flow (educated teachers, good library, good and upgraded rooms, private tutoring etc.), but i really struggled with the mission where i had to have a food rating of 75. Built like 500 vending machines and other stuff and it still took me ages to get it.

xrnzaaas

But none of them was as good, immediate and fun like the original Theme Park.
I will admit I haven't replayed Theme Park in YEARS but Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 managed to sctatch that itch for me. Maybe I'm not demanding enough ;) With Theme Hospital I'm still waiting because Two Point Hospital was flawed. Maybe we'll get a sequel?

Last edited:
Top Bottom