• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Step Verification Is Now Live For US and EU PSN accounts

Blueblur1

I went through the steps quickly. There was a checkbox at the end that basically says "This option will sign you out of all devices", right? That was checked by default, right?

Anybody know how device passwords work for older platforms like PS3 and Vita? You just generate the code and enter that instead of your normal password?

I'm all set up. Hopefully now we see less threads about peoples psn accounts being compromised. Seemed like it happened pretty often.

Whales

Banned
it said '' failed to retvieve data from server'' once I put in the code.. but when I go back it says 2FA is active... so I guess its working?

It's about time

AgeEighty

How timely. I just had my account hacked early this morning.

They bought $20 worth of Neverwinter money. Fortunately I was up when it happened and I was able to change my password right away, but they did try making a second purchase that didn't go through. And I managed to get Sony to credit my account for the $20, which I then used to purchase Inside, which I meant to do anyway.

So, it could have been a lot worse, but this should help to prevent any future such mishaps.

I completely forgot that PSP had PSN. Just to be safe I'm doing 2FA on PS4, PS3, PSV (and PSTV), and PSP. That's every PS console I own. I wonder if the PC PSN store will add it too.

Edit: It does, too. I'm going to check the remote play app now.

Edit 2: The remote play app does too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, just activated it.

Can I use the same mobile for two accounts? I have an American one with Battlefront.

cress2000

I wish a phone wasn't needed for this. So far I've been safe with a unique, randomly generated password though. And I don't have payment info saved just in case.

Finishoff

Had someone trigger a password reset this week on my PSN account.
Using this feature as added security. My email already had this feature enabled.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So do you need to do this every time you turn on your PS4/3/Vita or is it only when you actually need to physically login again? Like after major updates, purchases through the site?

Demoskinos

So do you need to do this every time you turn on your PS4/3/Vita or is it only when you actually need to physically login again? Like after major updates, purchases through the site?

For PS4 if you ever completely log out yes you'll need a code to sign back in keep in mind though that the PS4 will stay "signed in" as long as you never actually go to the menu and hit log out.

For older devices you need to generate a device password which is basically a way for them to make you verify that you own the devices that your trying to log in from. Once you use the generated device passwords you can then use your regular password any time after that from what ive gathered.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
For PS4 if you ever completely log out yes you'll need a code to sign back in keep in mind though that the PS4 will stay "signed in" as long as you never actually go to the menu and hit log out.

For older devices you need to generate a device password which is basically a way for them to make you verify that you own the devices that your trying to log in from. Once you use the generated device passwords you can then use your regular password any time after that from what ive gathered.

By "generate a device password" do you mean if you want to login to on PS3 they text you a new password, you use that, then after that you only need your normal password?

Kyrios

This literally answered the question I was going to ask, thank you!

Top Bottom