• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Two worlds colliding / permanent coup in US?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Taibbi is a Rolling Stone journalist. He also did an incredible piece on Mueller, Russiagate, and the Steele dossier, tracing how it all worked through the media. [link at bottom.]

My discomfort in the last few years, first with Russiagate and now with Ukrainegate and impeachment, stems from the belief that the people pushing hardest for Trump’s early removal are more dangerous than Trump. Many Americans don’t see this because they’re not used to waking up in a country where you’re not sure who the president will be by nightfall. They don’t understand that this predicament is worse than having a bad president.
Tim reads much of it, plus commentary here:

Basic Summary:

We exist in two main groups at this point. One group thinks the president is an evil dictator. The other side thinks the dnc, media and abc agencies are staging a coup. Depending on which media you listen to...

Everything seems to be ramping up. We even had Talib recently say they were in talks on how to arrest Barr and others. Sides are [possibly] being taken. Taibbi makes the interesting and alarming point of how many ex-CIA and FBI are now with CNN, etc. And more importantly, that neither side seems to be able to back down at this point. Tim's analysis also interesting.

My take: i've been following the abc 'coup' theory for some time. Time and time again, more details get proven true. Meanwhile, every bombshell against Trump falls apart. For example, I've watched every rumor about the sordid rumors behind the Steele dossier [funded by hrc, etc] come true. But they make a great point. At this point, people are so dug in does it really matter? What evidence will convince someone with TDS that they were psy-op'd, that CNN is openly hiring high ranking alphabet agents with an agenda? What evidence would Trump supporters, who have watched them try to slay Trump with lie after lie, suddenly cause them to change teams?

It seems more likely we are heading for a collision. Buckle up, i guess.

Link to related article on russiagate:

Last edited:

AaronB

May 5, 2013
Matt Taibbi's stuff is truly phenomenal.

I've been saying for a long time that people who think it would be fine to kick off civil violence against Trump supporters have no idea how bad that can get.

This article gets into how people who long for a coup have no idea the pandora's box that would unleash.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Scary stuff. In the event of armed civil war just remember which side has spent decades disarming itself.
*hint* It ain’t the ones that voted for Trump.
I can just imagine the Resetera kiddies running into battle armed with nothing but megaphones screaming "ORANGE MAN BAD".

When the Right responds they'll say "No fair! This is a No Gun Zone. Can't you read the sign, bigot?"

Last edited:

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Leftists can’t fight. I mean seriously, these are academic, middle class to wealthy kids and adult children. They’ll have tantrums and fight in their way, but they lack the ability or will to actually take a hard stand on anything.

That being said I live in Washington DC and if you were to walk around with a maga hat on you would definitely be verbally attacked and possibly physically attacked. And that’s probably true of most predominantly liberal areas.

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
If one does start, I can rest easy knowing I'm on the winning side. An army of kids, feminists, and LGBT is far from the greatest force in the world. Go team hillbilly!

Reactions: SpartanN92

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
Western Civilization didnt build us. We built it.

We will rebuild it.

Society's arent meant too, and wont, exist with untethered decadence, degeneracy, multiculturalism.

Be 'tolerant'
At some point the bodies level of tolerance rejects what it's supposed to be tolerant of. It becomes cancerous, damaged, festering.

We are dangerously close to a tipping point.

Maybe its what we need? Bouts of urban warfare to reclaim the cities from the disease that's been allowed to flourish?

I wouldn't go dooms day prepper just yet lol
Own something to protect what is yours and your loved ones.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This will be resolved by the dull process of law followed by a few unspectacular public demonstrations from the supporters of the ones who got named, shamed, and locked up. The investigations into the origins of Russiagate and the DNC involvement with Ukraine are already underway, and this is public information. Lots of theater. Lots of posturing. Democrats aren't accomplishing anything.

Does anyone genuinely believe at this point that impeachment will be successful? What's the end game here for the Democrats?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Oner

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
They know Ginsburg is about to die, and they want to have a narrative of "a president under impeachment investigation shouldn't be able to nominate Supreme Court justices."
I didn't consider that. :pie_thinking:

So we will have more investigations, more obstruction, more shrieking.

The evangelical christians who wanted their earthly kingdom via the US government were never this insufferable.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Ryujin

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
I don't think you guys realize how fat and placid Americans are if you think a civil war is even close to happening. People in this country can't run a mile or locate Afghanistan on a map but they can sustain an armed domestic conflict with guerrila warfare? Yea ok.

Instead of daydreaming about killing your fellow countrymen, maybe simmer down. Grab a coffee.

Reactions: Bolivar687

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
They know Ginsburg is about to die, and they want to have a narrative of "a president under impeachment investigation shouldn't be able to nominate Supreme Court justices."
You know, this makes a hell of a lot of sense. When was the vulture last seen in public anyway?

I don't think you guys realize how fat and placid Americans are if you think a civil war is even close to happening. People in this country can't run a mile or locate Afghanistan on a map but they can sustain an armed domestic conflict with guerrila warfare? Yea ok.

Instead of daydreaming about killing your fellow countrymen, maybe simmer down. Grab a coffee.
All those Viet Cong and Al Qaeda fighters who fought the military to a stalement for years were clearly well-trained modern soldiers.

Also, Democrats are the ones dreaming of nuking conservatives, not the other way around.

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
All those Viet Cong and Al Qaeda fighters who fought the military to a stalement for years were clearly well-trained modern soldiers.
And you want to fight in a conflict like them for what? Because the left wants universal healthcare? Because you have to press 1 for English? Are things really that bad in our country right now because I'm actually doing ok and I voted against Trump. Economy is doing good, crime is decreasing, gay marriage hasn't made western civilization collapse, e.t.c.

As if conservatives don't wish that would happen to California on a daily basis. Twitter banter is not a good representation of our country's life quality. Nobody is going to nuke you for owning a firearm bro.

Reactions: playoverwork

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
And you want to fight in a conflict like them for what? Because the left wants universal healthcare? Because you have to press 1 for English? Are things really that bad in our country right now because I'm actually doing ok and I voted against Trump. Economy is doing good, crime is decreasing, gay marriage hasn't made western civilization collapse, e.t.c.
That is a strawman. All the recent civil war talk has been about them removing Trump from office. As much as Democrats want to remove him to do those things, I guess you could claim it is about universal healthcare or other issues, but those issues would not be the basis for the civil war in the context of recent events (the Russian conspiracy, and now the Democrat-Ukraine coverup).

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
If you haven't noticed, the violence has already begun. Antifa already beats the hell out of normal people in the streets. The "daydreaming" is about normies one day fighting back.
I have never seen an Antifa thug in my life. They seem like mostly a northwestern thing. That region also has more neo nazis than normal. Weird place. The internet has a way of blowing things out of proportion. Information gets sent instantly. The moment that antifa in Portland hits someone in the face with a bat, you hear about it that very hour and so it colors your perception of the country's state even if it might be happening thousands of miles from you.

I'll use an example that conservatives like to use: gun violence. The mass shootings are a huge deal on tv. But the mass shootings represent a minority of gun violence.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Civil war is dumb. Remove Trump and the country will keep on trucking, and will actually improve economically due to the trade stuff. China has too much power to just stop them anyway. Anything that they do wrong we can't stop it.

I like Trump and everything but this is dumb.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
The most disturbing thing about the intelligence-media-Congress triangle is that no one on the left is willing to speak out about how dangerous this is, in and of itself. This is the latest in a recurring pattern of democracy encroachments that have either originated from or are perpetuated solely by the left:

1. Roe v Wade & Obergefell - no one wants to address that it allows unelected lawyers to create new substantive law for all fifty states.

2. Supreme Court Nominations (Robert Borke, Clarence Thomas and now Bret Kavanaugh) - no one on the left spoke up about revolting dishonesty of it all, let alone how destructive it is for our government.

3. Obamacare - no one bats an eye at that the government can now force you to buy things without any proactive activity on your part.

4. The Administrative State - the policy-making and adjudicatory role of the Article I and III branches, respectively, are usurped by an unelected bureacracy unbeholden to democratic turnover.

I would ask the question - will Democrats be totally fine and okay when leftover intelligence officials manufacture disinformation and strategically leak it to the press, so they can leverage the media buzz into unsubstantiated congressional investigations?

The question is moot, because I generally have not seen the right engage in this or any other paradigm-shifting departures from constitutional democracy. The closest I can think of was the Clinton impeachment, but they actually held a vote there to initiate the inquiry and did not have closed door interrogations excluding the other side. And, importantly, there was a real crime there - perjury, not the fake and made up "pressuring a foreign power to obtain dirt on a political opponent," despite the documented fact that there was no pressure and Biden is not yet his opponent.

This is why I cannot vote for any Democrats in the federal level, despite considering myself a liberal. Will anyone on the left speak up about this?

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
You know, this makes a hell of a lot of sense. When was the vulture last seen in public anyway?

Also, Democrats are the ones dreaming of nuking conservatives, not the other way around.
Those modern soldiers were on a leash preventing them from being killers, with media following them around and screaming bloody murder every time they committed an “atrocity”.