• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Typhon Hunter: Prey Multiplayer (December 11th)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

6 players
1 hunter
5 hunted

OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE

I was expecting Prey multiplayer to be some janky co-op shit or some Bioshock 2 esque deathmatch mode that people will stop playing in 2 weeks. But this? This looks legit.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
To me it looks exactly like something you'd stop playing after 2 weeks, lol. It's a neat concept sure, I've liked stuff like that since things like The Hidden mod for Half-Life 2 but I don't think they offer the same longevity as other game modes. Not that I expected more out of it, it's neat they're making all this for free, I just hope it's not in vain with the resources better put towards solo/sequel/newgame.

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
Well, they better be planning something good. I love this kind of MP. But the real deal:

Does the ps4 version still have input lag?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

To me it looks exactly like something you'd stop playing after 2 weeks, lol. It's a neat concept sure, I've liked stuff like that since things like The Hidden mod for Half-Life 2 but I don't think they offer the same longevity as other game modes. Not that I expected more out of it, it's neat they're making all this for free, I just hope it's not in vain with the resources better put towards solo/sequel/newgame.

Its tied to Mooncrash so its likely to help recoup some costs if ends up being a hit.

It just takes one popular twitch streamer to sell a few thousand copies. That could be all the difference.

Scapegoat

The Hidden was so good!!! Being the monster and pinning player's ragdolls to the wall, freaking them out and making them accidently tk one another....

Wouldn't the Prey mechanics also work well for a decent prop-hunt gamemode?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I still haven't bought Mooncrash, and now they add more content. Geez, Arkane, quit running laps around the competition.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The $9.99 sale was what made me get Mooncrash. I already liked the base game. I started Mooncrash. Played through the first character and now moving through the others. Adding more content is even better. I think I'd try this once or twice. I like running the show. Maybe that's why I only played a handful of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer matches. The world is great to explore, even better when they add more content, but multiplayer is a coin toss.

The game has a lot of facets it could expand upon. When I went back I wanted a whole other scenario to play. Even though I really enjoyed it. I was sad to finish the first character's scenario in Mooncrash and I had to remind myself that there were multiple paths to take.

Sub_Level

The $9.99 sale was what made me get Mooncrash. I already liked the base game. I started Mooncrash. Played through the first character and now moving through the others. Adding more content is even better. I think I'd try this once or twice. I like running the show. Maybe that's why I only played a handful of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer matches. The world is great to explore, even better when they add more content, but multiplayer is a coin toss.

The game has a lot of facets it could expand upon. When I went back I wanted a whole other scenario to play. Even though I really enjoyed it. I was sad to finish the first character's scenario in Mooncrash and I had to remind myself that there were multiple paths to take.

Breh you seriously missed out on ME3 multiplayer. It got so much free DLC post-launch and its co-op survival nature meant players had to be friendly to each other to survive.

Every match was its own story.

Sub_Level

Isn’t it basically horde mode? Or is there more to it

Yep but the best horde mode of all time.

You had different enemy types, minibosses, characters that you could level up with branching stat trees, and a weapon upgrade/consumable system.

It wasnt just survive endless waves either. Sometimes your team needed to hack certain terminals on the map. Sometimss you needed to assassinate certain enemies. Sometimes you needed to deliver shit from one side of the map to the other. Objectives changed between waves constantly and there were lots of maps. Then when you beat the last wave and get to da choppah in one epic last stand as the game throws everything at you.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Yo the multiplayer went live.

I only played Mooncrash so far and found it tough. I love it.

Sub_Level

To me it looks exactly like something you'd stop playing after 2 weeks, lol.

You ended up being right, Its really just a novelty. There's a balance issue too where Morgan can get x-ray powerup when only one mimic is alive which basically ends the game.

Downloaded on Xbox but can't find any games, bomba

That sucks bruh. Didn't have much trouble finding a game on PC.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I doubt they'll lose sleep over that reception, seems pretty throwaway. I guess they should fix the major bugs though since they bothered getting it out the door.

Top Bottom