U.S. Is ‘Native Land’ for All Latinos - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Feb 25, 2017
In an earlier press conference at Capitol Hill, AOC made some outrageous and illogical remarks about immigration laws, ICE and borders. She assert that Latinos are the descendants of native inhabitants, therefore granting them right to the land in the U.S. She contend that human mobility is a right. She claims that the US constitution and its protection should be applied to illegal immigrants. She rebuke ICE because they are responsible for the death of every illegal border crossers. The subtext of these all remarks are, of course, support for open borders and citizenship/amnesty for all Latinos.

This crazy lady is playing identity politics and appealing to her Latino base. I wonder how long the dishonest media/radical left are going to play along with her crazy antics before they tire of her. She has as much poise and charm as an awkward teenager trying to sit at the grown up table. It won't be long before intelligent people start digging at her proposals and finding an empty shell. At that point she'll become a liability for the left and they'll cut her down like they did with Michael Avenatti.

Aug 15, 2018
Is she actually suggesting ethnic/racial heritage can determine residency or citizenship, or is this out of context and she meant something else?

If she is that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Many different people have migrated and conquered different lands. Just because one's ancestors lived on a piece of land doesn't mean that you can traipse on in now. Though I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt for now considering the multiple false narratives both on the left and right everywhere. I certainly hope she isn't suggesting this.

EDIT: Should have seen the video first, I am a doofus sometimes.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
people need to stop reposting AOC speeches as if they a gotchas lol. it is hilarious people think she is crazy and then they go ahead and signal boost her. all you are doing is making her more likable.

tbh it's basically the same principle as Dems with Trump, the more they bash him, the more they elevate him. right now OP is doing that with AOC. the more people complain about her, the more power they give her. she's actually a freshman congressperson with little power but keep freaking out and putting her on tv and it only makes her more popular.

in reality she isn't huge powerful Democrat, she's the left flank, and Dems love ICE. Democrats are part of the reason why ICE is there in the first place. they are part of the reason we keep shoveling money into Homeland Security. now comes along someone that wants to push back. i can't really see a problem with that. this is how you negotiate. you start from a position of strength.

Last edited:

rorepmE

Neo Member
Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
Many different people have migrated and conquered different lands. Just because one's ancestors lived on a piece of land doesn't mean that you can traipse on in now. Though I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt for now considering the multiple false narratives both on the left and right everywhere. I certainly hope she isn't suggesting this.
It's not about land or who has a right to it. What they want is the economic developments. The most valuable part of these lands are the infrastructure and economic development. And those two things sure as fuck don't belong to Latinx people.

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Uh yeah, we should either have a dedicated AOC thread or just stop talking about her. She sounds like a moron and doesn't deserve the attention that she's getting. You'll make people want to double-down on her bs.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
I wish I was joking but there are people seriously advocating for post-natal abortion: https://jme.bmj.com/content/39/5/261
An interesting interpretation of the word "ethics" these ethics professors have there... On the other hand this is not what the democrats have porposed as a bill, so linking these two things is not honest discourse.

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Fuck this crazy broad, seriously.

The harder morons like her keep pushing this shit, the more you're going to see blatant, open white supremacism, which is not good either, but for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction, she's just pushing a hispanic version of it basically.

Like it or not white people are still the majority in the modern USA, so if you pit all the races against each other, white people are going to come out on top, this is what the left wing wants? It's such a wrongheaded direction they're going in and yet they just. don't. get. it.

The America I grew up in was one that tried to unite people despite their difference, not divide them and pit them against each other, I miss those days.

Feb 6, 2018
Latinos immigrate to the US for welfare payed by non-latinos and jobs in an economy mostly built by non-latinos. If the US cut out some land for latin immigrants, to build a country for themselves, I doubt many would go there. It really is quite shocking how shameless and entitled some people can be. This is all a result of the US allowing the left to run rampant and take over its institutions and brainwash its people. To be fair the right in the US are responsible for this - they're the ones that are supposed to believe in freedom and all that jazz and defend American ideals but they're mostly just ignorant flag waving rednecks that can't do much other than whinge about liberal elites, vote for semi-literate imbeciles like bush and trump, and then whinge some more when the morons they elect run their country into the ground. America's collapse over the next few decades will be long, painful, and entertaining.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Uh yeah, we should either have a dedicated AOC thread
I agree, this is kind of what I was thinking with my “lot of AOC traffic” comment.

She’s gonna be saying a lot of things that a lot of people will find pretty idiotic. Is a new thread each time necessary?

Kind of reminds me of “LGBQT character in *blank* game” threads. Each time it feels like an excuse to throw out some buzzwords, condemn or endorse Game Dev, and wait for the next thread.

I guess at least with AOC it can be something entirely different that people find stupid.

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
She is the new boogeywoman for the Right. They are gonna grasp at whatever straws they can in order to try and discredit her. Its pretty fun to watch though how so many people can be so afraid of her and what she represents lol
Wrong. She is damaging to the democratic party. I imagine the Right loves her for those reasons.

Her ideas discredit her. It's not "grasping at straws" when she goes on a friendly TV network and strikes out on slow pitched soft balls.

No the world isn't going to end in 12 years because of Global Warming. Is that "grasping at straws"?

No she can't answer basic questions about ideas that were the pillars of what she ran her campaign on. Is that "grasping at straws"?

Both her and Warren are damaging to the party because every time the Right wants to poke fun at the party, they have an endless treasure chest of dumb shit to throw out. Mostly supplied by AOC and Warren.

AOC is the Trump of the Democratic Party.

May 22, 2018
Wrong. She is damaging to the democratic party. I imagine the Right loves her for those reasons.
She is the Dems newest star. She has wild popularity among the young Democratic base and has weaponized social media in a way that not even Trump has done. Despite some of her more fanciful ideas she has clearly shown that she is deadly serious about making America and its government a better place. Her unbridled optimism and naivety on a some of her talking points is why I like her as much as I do. She is not afraid to reach a bit higher and want a bit more than the other politicians that run this country.

For example the show she put on the other day pointing how how utterly corrupt the US government is at the moment was a thing of beauty.

Despite being a rookie Congresswoman she is shaking things up more than any seasoned Democrat could ever hope to do at this point.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
She is the Dems newest star. She has wild popularity among the young Democratic base and has weaponized social media in a way that not even Trump has done. Despite some of her more fanciful ideas she has clearly shown that she is deadly serious about making America and its government a better place. Her unbridled optimism and naivety on a some of her talking points is why I like her as much as I do.

For example the show she put on the other day pointing how how utterly corrupt the US government is at the moment was a thing of beauty.

Despite being a rookie Congresswoman she is shaking things up more than any seasoned Democrat could ever hope to do at this point.
Well I'm glad you posted this. It explains exactly why the Democratic Party is a joke.

Does it matter that the things she says and "ideas" she has are absolute poop? Nope!

What matters most to the base in the Democratic party is that she is optimistic and has twitter.

Twitter and energy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Solutions

Being able to solve problems and have real ideas that will work isn't a priority to who Democrats currently support politically. We've started to chase the Republicans in a race to the bottom.

May 22, 2018
Well I'm glad you posted this. It explains exactly why the Democratic Party is a joke.

Does it matter that the things she says and "ideas" she has are absolute poop? Nope!

What matters most to the base in the Democratic party is that she is optimistic and has twitter.

Twitter and energy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Solutions

Being able to solve problems and have real ideas that will work isn't a priority to who Democrats currently support politically. We've started to chase the Republicans in a race to the bottom.
Thats not what I was saying and you know it. I'm saying that her optimism and her energy are positive traits in my opinion. The fact that she is able to use Twitter in a way that no other Democrats have been able to do yet in order to reach a younger audience is a positive trait in my opinion. An audience which might not watch CSPAN or the nightly news enough to know what is really going on in their country. She is bringing the political problems of the United States to a medium that younger people are more familiar with and can understand better. She is able to get on their level and say "Look at all of the things that are wrong with the US and its Government right now! We need to fix this! Here are my ideas." The difference between her and her more seasoned counterparts is she is at least presenting ideas. Where other politicians may try to "read the room" and hold back for fear of being wrong or being ridiculed she is not afraid to present ideas and possible solutions even if they may not work.

Politicians shouldn't be afraid to be wrong. They should not be afraid to try. They shouldn't be afraid to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks.

So it doesn't matter if her "Green New Deal" passes or not. It doesn't matter if her 70% tax rate for the extremely wealthy is realistic or not. What matters is that the publicity she is bringing to these serious issues could be laying the groundwork for future plans that are similar in nature, but more realistic in their execution. She is using the spotlight that is on her as a way to put a spotlight on the issues that are needing to be addressed in this country. Issues that otherwise might have been left alone and be allowed to fester and grow more severe.

She is starting the conversation. She is getting the ball rolling on issues that need to be addressed. That to me is a good thing because god knows there is alot that needs to be addressed at this point.

Last edited: