U.S. Is ‘Native Land’ for All Latinos - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
She is the new boogeywoman for the Right. They are gonna grasp at whatever straws they can in order to try and discredit her. Its pretty fun to watch though how so many people can be so afraid of her and what she represents lol
Bruh, read the blog post on her website regarding the Green proposal. She literally says she will guarantee economic security for people unwilling to work. Not just unable, but unwilling.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Imagine if they were women and going to an OB-GYN...

They got in the room, took off their pants, and got on the table with their feet in the air...

"Hello" the OB-GYN says. "I'm so excited to be at work today".

OB-GYN looks at your vagina and then shouts "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING"!!!

"The OB-GYN needs work being able to identify the puss, sure. Instead of focusing on that, to tear him down, perhaps instead view his vigor and candor as useful tools and encourage him to improve areas of weakness. We can all thrive."
Sounds like they need to see the Pussy Whisperer @KageyK

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I'll never understand this stupid one drop rule that America has.

It's moronic as fuck. In Brazil we always called mixed black/whites as mulato. Nowadays people are trying to introduce one drop rule here and call mulatos as only black.

Obama's mom is as white as myself and he isn't white as well? This is ridiculous. Really.

I'm 25% Portuguese and 75% Italian. I am what i am, one doesn't reign over the other.

Also, AOC is the most stupid politician I have ever seen in my life. She is like a walking/talking meme.
The uncomfortable truth that I was trying to get them to see before they abandoned thread was that the reason someone like Obama, who is 50% white and 50% black, would identify as black but not white is because it gave him a political advantage.

Jan 12, 2009
The uncomfortable truth that I was trying to get them to see before they abandoned thread was that the reason someone like Obama, who is 50% white and 50% black, would identify as black but not white is because it gave him a political advantage.
It's more complicated than that. No white person would consider him as white.

"My name is Barack Hussein Obama and I am white".

It should be biracial, but that's still seen as black.

White + Black = Black, unless you look white.

This is America.

Not even Blake Griffin passes as white.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
She is not advocating to destroy it directly, but what she wants to do would end up doing just that if she got her way. Spending 100 trillion dollars while destroying existing industry (tax base) and removing the ability to transport things and people effectively would have that effect.

And what is odd is claiming she is being smeared by the right. Pointing out idiocy is not smearing - it is stating facts.
Don’t forget guaranteeing economic security for those unwilling to work. That’s the most egregious one.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
It's more complicated than that. No white person would consider him as white.

"My name is Barack Hussein Obama and I am white".

It should be biracial, but that's still seen as black.

White + Black = Black, unless you look white.

This is America.

Not even Blake Griffin passes as white.
This is more what but I want to know why.

Jan 12, 2009
This is more what but I want to know why.
At one point this was a law in some states like Virginia to varying degrees in the 19th and 20th century (never federally). But this was long after it was accepted culturally.

Hypodescent is a term that explains how this was adopted socially/culturally. Essentially the dominant culture set the rules for what is considered black and white (or how any race or nationality is attributed), and it became the standard.

Back then it would equally as pointless to fight over being 1/16th black as today, if you have some similar features to that if a typical black person.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
At one point this was a law in some states like Virginia to varying degrees in the 19th and 20th century (never federally). But this was long after it was accepted culturally.

Hypodescent is a term that explains how this was adopted socially/culturally. Essentially the dominant culture set the rules for what is considered black and white (or how any race or nationality is attributed), and it became the standard.

Back then it would equally as pointless to fight over being 1/16th black as today, if you have some similar features to that if a typical black person.
That’s better, thank you.

Do you think that the fact that Obama, who is 50% black and 50% white, campaigned as a black man and was elected President shows that hypodescent is no longer in effect in America or that it has even transformed into hyperdescent with the cultural changes that have occurred since the civil rights era?

Jan 12, 2009
That’s better, thank you.

Do you think that the fact that Obama, who is 50% black and 50% white, campaigned as a black man and was elected President shows that hypodescent is no longer in effect in America or that it has even transformed into hyperdescent with the cultural changes that have occurred since the civil rights era?
It's an accepted cultural fact enforced by everyone in the country (omnidescent?). Obama can't be white according to anyone, and he must be black or biracial according to everyone. So the country is united on that.

Regardless of free-will he's identified as black whole life, even though he struggled with being the TV version of black culturally, for a part of his life.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2016
Though I am absolutely mystified by the relentless obsession our right wing folks have with AOC, I believe in this particular case she's actually doing native peoples a disservice.

The vast majority of white, anglo Americans are immensely, colossally ignorant of anything related to Latin America as an actual region - one of the reasons why most people stateside associate the word "Latino/Latina" with Mexico, a huge, fascinating country with its own particularities and with vastly different history and cultural leaning than, say, Uruguay or Argentina, to say nothing of Brazil.

There are dozens of millions of "latinos" (inasmuch as we take that word to mean all of those of Latin American stock) who are of overwhelmingly European descent, many other millions of African ancestry, other millions of Asian stock. I am was born and spent the majority of my youth in Latin America and, according to 23&Me, I have less indigenous ancestry than my white, Scots-Irish, Upstate NY-raised wife.

That is to say that my ancestors were primarily those who drove those native peoples to extinction and no Latin American like me, of primarily European stock, has any claim on Native history. I'm sure most Native Americans would be infuriated to be lumped together with, say, Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls or Marco Rubio. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Aug 30, 2014
Though I am absolutely mystified by the relentless obsession our right wing folks have with AOC, I believe in this particular case she's actually doing native peoples a disservice.
Nah, you've got it backwards. She gets attention because the mainstream media gives her attention, and then the right ridicules that and her. I agree she gets way too much attention, but it's hard not to cover her when everything she says gets plastered across NYT, wapo, etc.

I personally I think she is just running Trump's Playbook, intentionally saying outlandish things and forcing the media to follow her. I think it was working really well.

However, the new green deal was probably a massive mistake. I think she just Pied Piper'd the motley crew of Democratic candidates that signed on to it quickly right off the cliff. It's going to be hard for Harris, Booker, and the rest to shake that one off. Extreme tactical error.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
Where’s this cow farts thing coming from? I missed that.
The original text of the Faq read

"We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero."

They later edited this to 'cow emissions', and then if I understand correctly, taken down entirely.

That this isn't even the dumbest part of the green New Deal boggles the mind. Hell, arguably that's not even the dumbest part of the paragraph I quoted. my personal favorite quote is:

"Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work"

And honestly, I'm not even sure that's the dumbest part, it's all rainbows powered by intersectional unicorn farts and paid for by printing money.

Multiple Democratic candidates signed onto this horse crap. If we live in a remotely sane world, they effectively killed their candidacies because there's no way they should make it through the primaries with that hanging over them.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
Bruh, read the blog post on her website regarding the Green proposal. She literally says she will guarantee economic security for people unwilling to work. Not just unable, but unwilling.
This is something that is also in the talks here in Germany. Bascially everyone gets the same amount of money to be able to live without working but when you work of course you have more money you can spend. Its called Grundeinkommen in Germany and yeah it is fucking stupid. It iwas teted in Scandinavia and rejected by public vote in Swiss

PS: Then you really need to secure your borders

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018
people need to stop reposting AOC speeches as if they a gotchas lol. it is hilarious people think she is crazy and then they go ahead and signal boost her. all you are doing is making her more likable.

tbh it's basically the same principle as Dems with Trump, the more they bash him, the more they elevate him. right now OP is doing that with AOC. the more people complain about her, the more power they give her. she's actually a freshman congressperson with little power but keep freaking out and putting her on tv and it only makes her more popular.

in reality she isn't huge powerful Democrat, she's the left flank, and Dems love ICE. Democrats are part of the reason why ICE is there in the first place. they are part of the reason we keep shoveling money into Homeland Security. now comes along someone that wants to push back. i can't really see a problem with that. this is how you negotiate. you start from a position of strength.
Sorry, but pointing at someone who shits their Pants on Stage isnt making them "Likeable".

rorepmE

Neo Member
Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
This is something that is also in the talks here in Germany. Bascially everyone gets the same amount of money to be able to live without working but when you work of course you have more money you can spend. Its called Grundeinkommen in Germany and yeah it is fucking stupid. It iwas teted in Scandinavia and rejected by public vote in Swiss

PS: Then you really need to secure your borders
Imagine if you could play COD all day and your food cost was only doritos and mountain dew. But what about the cost of housing? EZ get 3 more COD bros and split the cost.

These social engineers wholly underestimate leisure time.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
She triggered me becuase I laughed at her bad policy ideas....?
No I don’t think you’re triggered at all.

There’s been a number of very legit criticisms of AOC and a number of her seemingly unrealistic policies/agendas

Now, the “lol horse face” of “dam sh3 ugly” posts, those register on my Trigger Scale

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Ignore her she’s like a SJW college student come to life. She’s one more crazy thing away from the media ignoring her
But usually the SJW college students end up working at Starbucks or, at best, tabloid "news" rags where they can be safely ignored. This one got elected into the US House of Representatives and there are people who want her climbing the ladder.

For anyone who thinks Trump is really stupid, how is an even more stupid person a good alternative?

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Lmao she triggers you all so much and it’s hilarious. Your brains are free real estate.
That's pretty rich considering the left gets triggered by the way Trump eats a steak or the very sight of a "MAGA" hat.

We are upset over her actual stated political policies and agendas.

Feb 22, 2018
If she really wanted to get the ball rolling, she'd start by funneling funds and sensitive arms to the Mexican cartel run government. Her allegiance is clearly not to the US.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Neither was I. Sometimes I wonder if even a majority of US politicians actually swear allegiance to their country of birth. Seems they are split between Israel, Mexico, Saudi Kingdom, etc.

Last edited:
May 19, 2010
That's pretty rich considering the left gets triggered by the way Trump eats a steak or the very sight of a "MAGA" hat.

We are upset over her actual stated political policies and agendas.
triggered over a president of the country vs triggered over a congresswoman who hasn’t even been at work for 2 months yet.

really makes u think bigly

Last edited: