• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubi to buy Codemasters? EA bid $300m for Eidos? Britsoft is dead.

jarrod said:
That'll teach the UK market for ignoring GBA. :p

So is Climax like the only indy studio left there?

And Gamecube for that matter lol........both Codemasters and Eidos ignored both platforms....perhaps now we might see Colin Mcrae on gamecube at last....

cja

jarrod said:
So is Climax like the only indy studio left there?
Plenty of dev studios just no publishing. If these two deals go through the only genuine UK owned publisher I can think of is SCi and that's only in Europe, usually selling right to Take Two for the US. Pathetic considering how the European market was dominated by Ocean, Masteronic/Virgin, US Gold and Codemasters in the late eighties and early nineties. Somehow it has all slipped away. :(

huh... so Eidos is only worth $300 million...
Market capitalisation of $284.76m while I'm typing. :)

Ranger X

Ubisoft buying Codemaster? GOOOOD. Please do it fast so i could work on something like TOCA Pro Race Driver 3 or something ;)

MASB

Nintendo needs to start making moves on Bandai, Capcom or some companies. If they don't, EA, Ubi Soft, etc. will be owning the market at some point. I mean, really, the market is really consolidating big time. Even a company as big as Nintendo could be left in the consolidation dust if they don't make some moves soon.

Now that Tomb Raider is under a new development staff,and its original creator has returned to lend a hand-EA sure leave Laura alone and stick to Madden and the Need for Speed series.

Or hell,let Nintendo buy Eidos for Tomb Raider alone,though I can imagine how fruity they would make her :b I'm sure it would play great though. EA need to back off and just keep counting their money.

thorns

Banned
I think the reason for mediocricity of EA is simply that the PS2 has the biggest base so it's their lead platform.. EA CAN make stunning looking games (see their PC exclusives, Battlefield 2, Battle for Middle-Earth), I think come next-gen we're going to see a lot of very impressive looking games from EA.

Koshiro

Both Codemasters and Eidos have dropped the ball, so it's no big loss (save for on the job front :( ). We really need to sort our act out here, UK is so good at design that it's amazing we haven't bothered to use it for the purpose of gaming.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
T-1000_Model3 said:
Why doesn't EA just let out a belch already,fuck I hope they don't get CodeMasters or Eidos.

If EA or someone doesn't buy Eidos, it will be nothing but a memory in a few years.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
only thing that scares me is EA getting hold of the Championship Manager name, its gonna be hard enough for Sega to convince the million and a bit people that used to buy champ man that they need to be buying Football Manager now instead. If most of the casuals that buy it see EA sports and Championship Manager on the box they will probably suffer a wallet convultion and buy it on the spot.

Top Bottom