• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Ubisoft’s E3 2014 reveals will be even better compared to previous two briefings'

Give me #girlwood if old

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-compared-to-previous-two-briefings?p=9171282

Ubisoft has closed out its last two E3 conferences with major reveals. In 2012, the company pulled back the curtain on Watch_Dogs. And this year gamers were treated to a first look at the company’s next-generation project, The Division.

That’s great and all, but if you thought the past couple of years have been exciting, just wait until Ubisoft’s E3 2014 media briefing.

Speaking during a recent episode of “Up at Noon”, Aisha Tyler – who has essentially become a spokesperson for all things Ubisoft – gave a bit of a tease regarding the publisher’s plans for next year’s conference. Tyler spoke with CEO Yves Guillemot and was told that “next year’s even going to be better” in terms of reveals.

E3 2014 will take place between June 10 and June 12, and Ubisoft’s presser is likely to take place on June 9.

Sentenza

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this was a statement entirely based on optimism, with her not having any clue of what products are actually in development.
EDIT: Oh, he said it to her. Nevermind. Still, generic corporate self-praise.

KeRaSh

Seems very unlikely to me but I also thought that after their 2012 press event and then The Division happened...

Madness

Honestly I didn't even get to see their conference. I'd rather they just show their games at the Sony/Microsoft ones. Just pick and choose which games at which conferences.

I predict Assassins Creed V, a new Rainbow Six, a new Ghost Recon, and possibly Watch Dogs 2.

Luthos

This is such a useless comment. She does the their conferences, so of course she'll say it's going to be good.

Also, it's like 11 fucking months away.

Is there another branch of the entairtainment industry that relies so much on hype and for the most part, empty promises?

It takes two to tango, mate. The movie industry loves to try and get people hyped up for their projects too, but generally the people who follow that news are usually smarter than to get too excited, and the mass audience is too passive in their enthusiasm for the medium. The music industry is too fucked for hype to have too much effect on revenue.

The gaming audience laps up the hype. They'll stop with the "empty promises" when people stop paying attention to them.

It takes two to tango, mate. The movie industry loves to try and get people hyped up for their projects too, but generally the people who follow that news are usually smarter than to get too excited, and the mass audience is too passive in their enthusiasm for the medium. The music industry is too fucked for hype to have too much effect on revenue.

The gaming audience laps up the hype. They'll stop with the "empty promises" when people stop paying attention to them.

I am huge movie fan and even bigger music fan, but lets say of the underground stuff, but the way hype is positioned in the gaming industry makes me wonder..It seems that we breathe Hype and the way that a single tease of a developer or a PR person makes us dream of the ultimate game to end all games, when in fact we do have so many excellent games, makes me think that we juct cant satiate our endless crave..

But in the end, I think you are right..We fuel this circle of Hype, so I guess its our burden to stop it..

Yves Guillemot: "Well.. you know.. next year won´t be so good. Our games are average at best for 2014. But please be excited!"

Does not compute

Look what you did smokey, you broke him.

I liked aisha (no idea who she is though) in the 2012 e3, was the only person on stage in all of the conferences combined that seemed somewhat genuine a gamer, and not just a suit or a soulless fake pr monkey.

Then again that watchdogs thing on the jimmy fallon or w/e show was fucking painful to watch.

Jawmuncher

I don't care about the reveals, I just hope they put together an actual good press conference. It's sad that everyone has learned what to show at E3 and how to do it except Ubisoft.

Assassins Creed MMO
Watchdogs MMO
Yet another Rabbids game(why the hell haven't they made a rabbids platformer game yet?)
Aisha Tyler's transgender bender Online

all powered by the cloud.

rouken

lol what are you guys smoking, compared to EA and Activision, Ubisoft are somewhat competent with their releases. There's always bound to be sequels to great selling franchises but they never shy away from introducing something new.

wildfire

Banned
I have faith in Ubisoft now even if the Division didn't impress me as much as Watch Dogs. I simply like the software they have been making across various genres aside from Splinter Cell, Just Dance and Babyz.

The most impressive thing they could do is offer 2 high quality games of the similar production scope of the Division with one game geared towards audiences for lighthearted aesthetics, it shouldn't just be Nintendo dominating in this fashion.

What else would he say though?

"Next year? Kinda boring, to be honest..."

We hope to keep on putting out titles as well received as the ones we had before would've been the neutral answer.

I trust Aisha Tyler's expertise on future video game projects.

I'd bet she has better taste in games than you.

Even better? So no aisha?

This is what I'm hoping. Terrible host.

konami.jpg

I hope E3 2014 is something like E3 2006. That was pretty fun and it gave us a good look of how the generation would play it by announcing the new major franchises that would go on to define the following years.

Top Bottom