• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: “Good News” that Cyberpunk 2077 Won’t Release in Same Quarter as Watch Dogs: Legion.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today Ubisoft hosted its financial conference call for investors and analysts related to the first quarter of the fiscal year 2019-20, and executives from the company briefly talked about the last quarter of the year.

The executives were asked whether they feel more confident now that Cyberpunk 2077‘s release date has been announced for April 16, 2020, which places CD Projekt RED’s potential blockbuster game outside of the Q4 window, which would have put it in direct competition with Ubisoft’s big releases like Watch Dogs: Legion and Gods and Monsters.

Chief Financial Officer Frédérick Duguet admitted that it’s “good news that Cyberpunk is not in the quarter,” yet the company will remain cautious and stick to its assumption that there might be strong potential competition in Q4.

Kagey K

Banned
Spring 2020 is going to be a bloodbath, all these devs trying to get games out before next gen starts are going to hurt sales all around.

I originally thought this holiday would be when we saw this final onslaught, but it seems it was delayed a few months.

Some of these games either need to move into the holiday slot, or push further into summer and try to ignore the summer gaming drought.

There’s just no way they all get by in that final spring season.

scalman

good news because many games in same time is not good for anyone.why they do those things at all i dont get it . just spread games to all year .

GV82

Two Cyberpunk games, both different

One FPP set in America, the other a TPP set in London.

I am hoping for a 3rd person PC mod in oder for me to play Cyberpunk 2077, because I love everything about the lore of Mike Pondsmiths Cyberpunk, but FPP games make me nauseous after a short while, even after messing with the fov etc.

Same as Skating games where the camera spins upside down & 360 fast, & sometimes flight/space games too 🤢

So I guess Watchdogs Legion is going to be what I buy based on the fact it’s 3rd person & as soon as the community works out a Mod for Cyberpunk I’ll buy that.

Also want the miniature figures that are being made for Cyberpunk Red Pen n Paper game, also Gonna buy the 2077 lore book from Dark Horse too.

But the more Cyberpunk we get in games the better.

Which other big games company is going to use that aesthetic next? Rockstar for GTA (already has some Cyberpunkish stuff in Online mode)

How about a Batman Beyond game tgst would be nice.

But most of all I want a New Blade Runner Game

Last edited:
Top Bottom