• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Naruto 2: Broken Bond (X360)

Lau

Banned
According to this dutch website Ubisoft is working on a sequel of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja called Naruto 2: Broken Bond.

In dutch:
Ubisoft komt met Naruto 2: Broken Bond voor de 360
Nieuws | 3 juli 2008 - Ubisoft komt Naruto 2: Broken Bond voor de Xbox 360, het vervolg op Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. Net als het voorgaande deel is de game gebaseerd op de populaire animé Naruto. Op dit moment is er nog geen beeldmateriaal of concrete informatie vrijgegeven.

We kunnen er echter vanuit gaan dat Naruto 2: Broken Bond verder gaat waar het voorgaande deel stopte en de game zich zal focussen op de breuk tussen Naruto en Sasuke. De game staat op dit moment gepland voor 14 november. Binnenkort volgt meer informatie over deze titel.

Geplaatst op donderdag 3 juli 2008 om 22:52 door David Kers (Kers)

Translated with Yahoo! Babelfish:
Ubisoft come with Naruto 2: Broken bound for 360 News | 3 July 2008 - Ubisoft come Naruto 2: Broken bound the continuation on Naruto for the Xbox 360: Rise or a Ninja. Just like the previous part the game has been based on the popular animé Naruto. At this moment picture material still no or concrete information has been released. We can there however from go that Naruto 2: Broken bound further go where the previous part stopped and the game will focus itself on the crack between Naruto and Sasuke. The game is at this moment for 14 November. Further information on this title follows soon. Placed on Thursday 3 July 2008 for 22:52 by David cherry (cherry)

Oiriginal source

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Majik said:
Unrelated to the PS3 Naruto game?
Yes, Ubisoft has the Naruto license for 360 games, you'll never see cross platform Naruto (unless it's GCNxWii).

Edit: BTW, we've had 2 threads on this already. :p

itxaka

Defeatist
Hope it doesn´t suck like the first one and if they can get nicer graphics seeing the other naruto game.

MMaRsu

Banned
a quick google came up with this info :

Naruto 2 zal echter een compleet andere game worden als het eerste deel. In deel 1 kon je nog vrij rondlopen en was het meer een action/adventure type game. Deel 2 zal een fighting game worden, met de gevechten tussen Naruto en Sasuke als thema. Officieel heeft Ubisoft de game nog niet aangekondigd, maar verwacht wordt dat we nog voor of tijdens de E3 meer zullen horen over deze game.

Translation :

Naruto 2 will be a completely different game then the first one. Wherein the first game you could actually walk around Konoha and such, this will a fighting game concentrating on the fights between Naruto and Sasuke.

The game hasn't been announced officially yet, but we will probably see more of this title during or before E3.

MMaRsu said:
a quick google came up with this info :

Translation :

Naruto 2 will be a completely different game then the first one. Wherein the first game you could actually walk around Konoha and such, this will a fighting game concentrating on the fights between Naruto and Sasuke.

The game hasn't been announced officially yet, but we will probably see more of this title during or before E3.
Hm that's kind of disappointing. I quite liked the first game precisely because you could run around the village and all that. The collectathon aspects were, however, abysmal (I have no interest in getting every coin, thanks Ubi).

If they added some mission diversity and expanded the explorable areas a little, I would buy a sequel. Not sure if a fighting-only title interests me quite as much, though.

jj984jj said:
Yes, Ubisoft has the Naruto license for 360 games, you'll never see cross platform Naruto (unless it's GCNxWii).

Edit: BTW, we've had 2 threads on this already. :p

0_o wait what so they 2 licenses one for ps3 and one for 360 any one think that a bit silly?

jump_button said:
0_o wait what so they 2 licenses one for ps3 and one for 360 any one think that a bit silly?
If true then I don't find that silly at all. They want you (the Naruto fans aka. lesser humans...j/k! :lol ) to go multiplat. What's so bad about it? I find that admirable!

itxaka

Defeatist
NemesisPrime said:
ROFL.. Emo much?

wut?

The first one was nice in the graphic department but the missions were boring, repetitive and short.

And they can do graphics much better seeing the ps3 one. Just with an effect applied to it they could step up.

I don´t want them to do a naruto1, naruto2, narutoX without any improvement.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This is all based off of the name that showed up on online under UbiSoft - it's the same source as the other thread, with the same amount of known things as the other thread, so nothing new - they probably found that out from here even...

OnWarmerMusic said:
Hm that's kind of disappointing. I quite liked the first game precisely because you could run around the village and all that. The collectathon aspects were, however, abysmal (I have no interest in getting every coin, thanks Ubi).

If they added some mission diversity and expanded the explorable areas a little, I would buy a sequel. Not sure if a fighting-only title interests me quite as much, though.

The Dutch site is just assuming, and the assumptions didn't come through in the Google translation - they are just speculating based off of the name, nothing more...

AmMortal

Banned
I've had the first game that Ubisoft made. It was hot.

But this new one, on PS3 is frkng MindBlowing.

I hope that they can surpass it.

Skilotonn said:
The Dutch site is just assuming, and the assumptions didn't come through in the Google translation - they are just speculating based off of the name, nothing more...
Ah, splendid. Interest rekindled. Thanks!

Zoe

jump_button said:

That's how it's always been done for Naruto and Bleach.

Top Bottom