• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Project Dust (Eric Chahi, PSN/XBLA) [U-CONF]

binary

Can't tell what kind of game this is, but anything involving Eric Chahi has got my attention. Love the graphical style too.

jett

D-Member
ERIC FUCKING CHAHI HAS COME BACK TO WORKING ON VIDEO GAMES

This is the greatest E3 announcement in the history of E3.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Believe it is an RTS using the elements of nature.

ArjanN

jett said:
ERIC FUCKING CHAHI HAS COME BACK TO WORKING ON VIDEO GAMES

This is the greatest E3 announcement in the history of E3.

That's awesome. I'm not sure I need a spiritual sequel to Populous though. I'd rather see him do something like Another World.

jett

D-Member
kassatsu said:

The game is set in an extreme version of Planet Earth where nature unleashes her power in a much more violent way than what we are used to. Tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, wildfires, volcanic eruptions are what the days are made of for the people of Dust. In this kind of God game, users will play with powers to manipulate the world around them. Ground, water, lava, fire, plants and trees -model the world like a child playing sand castles on the beach. With such powers, players will help their people resist, expand and migrate so they can accomplish their quest to find a safe place.

Players will be able to manipulate ground, water, vegetation, lava as if playing sandcastles on the beach. Breaching a lake open, digging craters, flooding valleys… And all this is simulation, not just graphics visualization.
The technology behind the game is at the top of what can be done on today’s computer architecture. The team did some impressive work, way beyond my expectations when I conceived the design.

gimme now. any price.

A new Eric Chahi game...

9ZAez.jpg

blitz64

Did a google search on Eric Chahi. Not sure what's so special about him.

I played out of this world which was great....

A new Eric Chahi game... amazing, wasn't sure if it'd ever happen. Looks amazing, with stunning environments. I'm very interested, hopefully this game will be great...the trailer certainly looks fantastic, at least. And Eric Chahi's games were very good.

RiverBed

Banned
This looks like another Ubi god-game. At first I thought it was Black and White.
I love the real-time environment changes. It reminds me of The Time Machine movie from a few years back.

Mashing

Yeah... its brought memories of B&W to me too. Made a comment as such in the conference thread. I didn't know who this Eric Chahi guy was, but I've certainly played his handiwork.

WHY AREN'T YOU ALL SHOUTING THIS FROM THE DAMN RAFTERS?!

ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI

fushi

A new game from the Miz AND a new game from Chahi?

You're on a roll here, Ubi. Don't mess this up.

Cipherr

Hah I missed populous (never played it :( ) so when I saw that trailer I was chanting "ActRaiser! ActRaiser!" lol.

Whatev's I had the general idea at least. This looks awesome.

grandjedi6 said:
This is, by far, the biggest announcement of E3 so far. Why isn't it getting more play? (damn kids).

This.

Populous is really one the greatest games ever made, and now it will be remade/reinvented by the guy who did Another World. It´s like an april fool come true! :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
metsallica said:
WHY AREN'T YOU ALL SHOUTING THIS FROM THE DAMN RAFTERS?!

ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI ERIC CHAHI

Because it doesn't up your geek cred by fake spooging over a dude who made 1 good game 19 years ago.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
It's good to see Éric Chahi back in the biz. While he hasn't done many games he has done one of my favorites (another world) and was big part of my favorite PSX game (Heart of Darkness). Needless to say I'm expecting a lot from this game. Oh and it doesn't hurt that I got strong Populous vibe from that trailer :) Then again I suspect this game won't be anything like Populous.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Sinatar said:
Because it doesn't up your geek cred by fake spooging over a dude who made 1 good game 19 years ago.

Make that 2 good games. Given that Chahi wasn't the only lead desinger in Heart of Darkness but he still had big part in the desinging role.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
CecilRousso said:
The press release says that it´s a spiritual successor to Populous, and the gameplay it describes really is Populous.

Oh, ok. That is good news then. I love Populous series and it's about time for new game... Yes I did play the DS game but it just didn't feel right. While I really like the orginal games I hope this will be more like The Beginning.

Danielsan

More people need to take note of this game.
Another World is one of the highest regarded games ever among players and developers alike.
Chances are that if you ask a good creative game developer for their top 10 favourite or most inspiring games, Another World will be high up that list.

jj6ydz.jpg

15s0dnb.jpg

2vigpy0.jpg

The artwork is astonishingly beautiful.
I want that first piece on my wall.

Top Bottom