• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft+ Coming To Xbox Soon

Mister Wolf

Just a bump in the road. They'll eventually bend the knee to Microsoft just like EA. Once they've analyzed the revenue data over a period of time.

Bragr

Banned
Where does it say that? There is only one tier on PC - you get everything included.
No.
It's not included in gamepass, and also, ubisoft+ doesn't have seperate tiers, it's one sub for day one access to everything.
People clearly aren't reading. Somehow when people see the word "Xbox" now they think it says "GamePass".

What I'm saying is, with Ubisoft and Xbox now working together, we might see a bunch of Ubi games on Game Pass.

Robb

Gold Member
Unless it becomes part of GamePass I’m not interested. Hopefully that’ll happen in the future.

tommib

Is this the start of having subscriptions within a subscription like Amazon Prime?
Yeah I was thinking of that. Are we moving towards having dozens of subscriptions for each publisher/dev?

Capcom+?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Yeah I was thinking of that. Are we moving towards having dozens of subscriptions for each publisher/dev?
We will.
Its just, who is stupid to jump on it now.

EA started with EA play. Then Xbox come with gamepass day1. Then EA went with EA plus, and ubisoft joined the game, with uplay plus.

These are guaranteed money for them. 15$ x 1m is $15m a month, or $180m a year for them. not counting mtx sales on these subs. And as subs grow, they gain more money.

Compared to game sales, where there is a risk of losing money, if a game flops.

Iced Arcade

will definitely pay stand alone months when a ubi game I want to play releases (then cancel). can't see me paying $20 CDN for a ubisoft subscription.

Jaysen

Banned
Wait until people find out the price of Ubisoft+... Could you imagine paying $20 CAD a month to play Valhalla :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Ubisoft+ is double the price of Gamepass on PC...
People paid 120 to play Valhalla. Your argument is really dumb.

Jimmy_liv

Got excited... Realised its not part of gamepass and swiped right (that's the one where we don't give a shit! Lol)

Aion002

Not included on game pass...

No Thank You Reaction GIF

Great Hair

Banned
For $300+ annually you will be able to enjoy over 1,000 games you already owned, played years before. But will also enjoy future classics like the upcoming Ass.Creep after BallaBalla and The Subtraction, the long-awaited sequel to The Division french-ice.

O-M-F-G, YEEEEESSSS!!
Pizza Yes GIF
Its Always Sunny Yes GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

jaysius

Banned
Great thing about Ubisoft is you only need to play one of their games per genre and you've literally played them all, the stories are the most painful paint by numbers affairs, with grade school level story telling.

IE. Played Far Cry 3? then you're good for the series.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Great thing about Ubisoft is you only need to play one of their games per genre and you've literally played them all, the stories are the most painful paint by numbers affairs, with grade school level story telling.

IE. Played Far Cry 3? then you're good for the series.
You could use this same tired argument for most series.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Odd wording on their tweet though, not coming to Game Pass but keep an eye out for future news and launch dates… why not just say no?

Have you seen some people setup here?

We are broke, compared to them.
I'm probably one of those people. I have a media room dedicated with gaming, 7.2 built in wall surround sound, a 77" OLED 4k/120Hz Sony Bravia, six electric reclining leather media seats, etc and almost every major console ever released since the Atari 2600.

Still, I wouldn't be caught dead paying $20 a month to rent crappy Ubisoft games.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm probably one of those people. I have a media room dedicated with gaming, 7.2 built in wall surround sound, a 77" OLED 4k/120Hz Sony Bravia, six electric reclining leather media seats, etc and almost every major console ever released since the Atari 2600.
Pathetic.

I have 10.2 built in wall surround sound, a 100" OLED 8k/240Hz Sony Bravia, 7 electric reclining leather media seats, and the PlayStation 9 as seen in the old TV commercials.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Odd wording on their tweet though, not coming to Game Pass but keep an eye out for future news and launch dates… why not just say no?
Because they want people to believe it will come and stay subbed. Basic PR is never just say "No".

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft did a lesser tier of Ubisoft+ for their older catalogue and included that with Gamepass, for a decent Microsoft cut of the sub revenue.

Ubisoft games are perfect for subscription services : shitty copy/paste long-ass games with extra microtransactions.

fast_taker

This will most probably start as a seperate subscription service and end up being part of game pass ultimate. Exactly what happened with ea play. It depends on how bad it will go as a standalone service since most of their games can be purchased at half the original price after a month or two.

This reminds me of how EA Access came to Xbox One, and later merged into Gamepass.

Mark my words, Microsoft will do as much as it can to moneyhat this into Gamepass as well, just like EA Access.

aclar00

So the plethora of subscription services has begun! Which will eventually been consolidated to about 5...maybe?

Pathetic.

I have 10.2 built in wall surround sound, a 100" OLED 8k/240Hz Sony Bravia, 7 electric reclining leather media seats, and the PlayStation 9 as seen in the old TV commercials.

Peasants. I have a mansion full of gaming relics from the past complete with all future technology. Plus my Dads uncle literally works at Nintendo and got me Zelda BOTW2 early so STFU.

Also I'll sub to this to try out Far Cry 6 then unsub and wait till the new Splinter Cell comes out. The new Siege looks like it could be fun and already have plans to play it with a friend so it's cool that it's heading to GP.

Last edited:
Strikes me as a bargaining tactic/ploy. Ubisoft is out to prove their value to MS and others what they’re worth. I don’t think it behoovesanyone for publishers to mimic the streaming platforms/cable television business models.

Jaysen

Banned
Let me guess, you paid $120 for Valhalla :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Almost paid 30 for ultimate over the holidays. But no I don’t typically pay full price for Ubisoft given how quickly their games drop in price. I waited a month and Immortals was already half off

SJRB

Gold Member
Perfect way to play Ubi games though, that's how I've been doing it on pc for a while.

New game? Subscribe to Ubi+ for a month, play whatever new game just came out for 10 to 20 hours until you're bored and unsub from the service.

Last year I played both Valhalla and Watchdogs Legion for 5 bucks.

reinking

Gold Member
Because it is marketing. Why close a door? More importantly, why let "no" be the message that gets out when they know damn well and good how people will interpret it.

Wait until people find out the price of Ubisoft+... Could you imagine paying $20 CAD a month to play Valhalla :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Ubisoft+ is double the price of Gamepass on PC...
Yeah.... I'm so not getting this service. The price and the games. I don't mind some ubisoft games but by and large many of them are copy paste map collectathons.

If I want to play any ubi games I'll wait a month or so for rock bottom prices.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Yeah.... I'm so not getting this service. The price and the games. I don't mind some ubisoft games but by and large many of them are copy paste map collectathons.

If I want to play any ubi games I'll wait a month or so for rock bottom prices.
Figuring out Ass Creed VallAholes' map:
the hangover math GIF

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super thrilled that Ubisoft+ is coming to Xbox and is a separate subscription because for me, it's all about day one games/expansions so if I can play and complete the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion for a $20 or less monthly rental instead of spending $40 on it, that would be great. Hoping Ubisoft announces the tiers/prices before Ragnarok releases which I would think that they would. Hyped!!!

Lognor

Banned
For anyone misreading the topic, because people on gaf don't read:
UBISOFT+ AVAILABLE FOR YEARS ON PC, AVAILABLE ON XBOX PLATFORMS IN THE FUTURE, NOT INCLUDED IN XBOX GAMEPASS.
I didn't even know this service existed until I saw this thread. LOL

So it's on PC. It will soon be on Xbox. It is NOT on PS4 or PS5. The more you know...

kingfey

Banned

Still, I wouldn't be caught dead paying $20 a month to rent crappy Ubisoft games.
Same here, i wont pay for Uplay. Most of their games are free anyway. I got all of their games from epic, or very cheap.

Top Bottom