• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft confirms that Rainbow Six: Siege will NOT feature a single-player campaign

McDougles

The last true Rainbow Six campaign was played on Windows Vista.

Still, ripping it straight out is a mistake, unless they drop the price to $40.

Wasn't there supposed to be a sp camapign based on the mp? With Co-op?
I knew there wouldn't be an ai teammatesp like in vegas.
It really sounds like they asked a young small team to make a game.

I'll try T-hunt tonight. If that sucks i'll be hoping for a really good remake of the Vegas games......

They definitely made it seem that there would be real co-op scenarios like older R6 games during development. Disappointed but not surprised.

Walpurgis

Banned
This. The only issue in this case is that they've misled us a bit by suggesting there were missions of some kind.

Yeah, they said they would have a single player campaign but they way they described it made it sound really bad. I think I remember something about forced co-op, no voice acting or cutscenes or something. I kind of just figured that their "single player" would be the same as Titanfall's "single player".

Whompa02

Watch it cost $60.

Of course it will cost 60 dollars, because they "offer enough content to enjoy a full experience."

Then you'll get 15 dollar DLC/map packs and micro transactions for the next year and a half, thus splitting up the community and slowly killing the game. Then the cost of producing content for the game outweighs the user base, and then people who play this will move onto the next multiplayer focused first person shooter comes out (aka black ops 82684).

The cycle continues and will never end.

I need a break from videogames.

KJRS_1993

Ubisoft really took the initiative here by letting everyone pre-order their game before revealing this information.

It's not Ubisoft's fault if people decided to preorder without knowing what they were getting. This constant attempt to make publishers look "evil" or "corrupt" is so forkin' tiresome.

I don't see the harm in no SP content personally, if you feel like you will get £40 worth of entertainment over the game's lifecycle. If not that much, just wait until the price goes down.

Then this is not rainbow six. This is just their Ghost Recon free online game but you just have to pay. Fuck this.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

CHC

We knew this but I still really would have liked one. The level design on SC Blacklist was amazing so if they continued with that concept (multi path approaches and tactical options) it could have been really cool.

Edi

Neo Member
I like very mush the beta but canceled my preorder after that news i cant pay full price for non story campaign game maybe max 30e

Jawmuncher

Definitely remember this being said before, regardless after playing the beta. I don't feel this will be worth my 60 dollars. Even terrorist hunt seems to be lesser of a mode now.

Anung

Un Rama
If they didn't want to put time into a SP experience then good stuff, I'd rather them not waste time on shoe horning one it. But price the game accordingly.

Omega

Banned
Of course it will cost 60 dollars, because they "offer enough content to enjoy a full experience."

Then you'll get 15 dollar DLC/map packs and micro transactions for the next year and a half, thus splitting up the community and slowly killing the game. Then the cost of producing content for the game outweighs the user base, and then people who play this will move onto the next multiplayer focused first person shooter comes out (aka black ops 82684).

They've already said maps will be free.

Worked great for Evolve...

there's a difference between a 4v1 with endless microtransactions and a 4v4 with free map packs.

Exactly.

And I do remember them speaking about a SP campaign just months ago. So this is really quite the disappointing news. But at least now I have one less game to worry about getting in the foreseeable future.

h#shdem0n

I was pretty much expecting this. Too bad, I'm definitely not gonna buy it now. Even if i was into competitive shooters (which I'm not) my internet is too bad for online MP.

GeeTeeCee

Playing the beta it kept reminding me of Evolve. Fun, but it feels like you've seen all it has to offer after one or two matches.

This isn't helping.

Top Bottom