• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Ubisoft Developer conference for Wii U. First look at Wii U games in development.

Jangocube

Banned
Sep 22, 2009
3,016
0
0
Ugh, annoying ass actors. Especially the girl in the Ghost Recon one.

Just show gameplay please, don't need lame acting.
 

Jangocube

Banned
Sep 22, 2009
3,016
0
0
The Killer Freaks game looks pretty good graphically, but I really hope they get rid of the way it controls or they refine the crap out of it.
 

rollingstart

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
38,766
1
0
eviloreisarapist
The Killer something controls do look like 3DS Face Raiders, iPad2/iPhone2, and Vita stuff. That's neat. Face raiders is the best part of the 3DS.

The enemy director mode is basically like Natural Selection. Neat.
 

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
35,549
0
0
Jangocube said:
The Killer Freaks game looks pretty good graphically, but I really hope they get rid of the way it controls or they refine the crap out of it.

It has normal Dual Analog controls as well.
 

EmCeeGramr

Member
Jun 25, 2005
38,456
0
0
They really need to refine or give alternate control options for Killer Freaks. The dude could not aim down at all.
 

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Apr 14, 2009
3,563
0
0
Can I really not fast-forward through this?
 

Exuro

Member
Jan 30, 2011
7,403
0
0
GRO looks pretty solid although rough. They've only had a few months to work with right?

Bah video gets stuck buffering. Will have to wait for a youtube mirror. Didn't get to see KF :(
 

Orayn

Member
Jul 4, 2010
34,290
3
690
Minnesota
Door2Dawn said:
In b4 games look terrible
Can you try to do something other than just raining on peoples' parades in Wii-U threads? Seriously, it's not accomplishing anything.

Looking forward to see how Ubi's stuff is progressing. I wonder how long they've actually had devkits to work with? THQ just got theirs last month, apparently.
 

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Feb 26, 2005
17,582
0
0
Santa Destroy
FYI, Ubi put the Killer Freaks trailer on the big screen at their booth today. They hadn't prior. It was so random haha, but now it's officially on the show floor and out in the public/available for votes for surprise of the show (I suppose)
 

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mar 2, 2006
19,534
0
0
I'm kinda impressed by what they're doing with Ghost Recon Online.
 

TeegsD

Member
Sep 9, 2010
4,691
0
0
Ok its over an hour long. Just going to wait for the individual game clips to get posted online.
 

Eradicate

Member
Apr 20, 2011
1,273
0
0
Exuro said:
GRO looks pretty solid although rough. They've only had a few months to work with right?
Yeah, I think the beta didn't start until recently, and the game wasn't announced until...May of this year I think?

It does look pretty darn good so far though, especially for a downloadable game. I wonder how big the download will be for Wii U? Definitely larger than anything on Nintendo's online shop right now, for sure.
 

antonz

Member
May 12, 2010
22,354
0
0
Eradicate said:
Yeah, I think the beta didn't start until recently, and the game wasn't announced until...May of this year I think?

It does look pretty darn good so far though, especially for a downloadable game. I wonder how big the download will be for Wii U? Definitely larger than anything on Nintendo's online shop right now, for sure.
For sure if its like Battlefield Play for Free its at least 1 GB
 

KrawlMan

Member
May 19, 2007
1,557
0
0
Orayn said:
Can you try to do something other than just raining on peoples' parades in Wii-U threads? Seriously, it's not accomplishing anything.

Looking forward to see how Ubi's stuff is progressing. I wonder how long they've actually had devkits to work with? THQ just got theirs last month, apparently.
It's true though, the demos do look pretty terrible. I'm coming to terms with the fact that this event was primarily just showing off new ways to control games, not show off the system's power. Killer Freaks did not look impressive visually at all (somewhere above Wii but below 360/PS3), and I understand completely that it's release is a long ways off and the visuals are all far from final.

Gameplay wise, the method they were using to control Killer Freaks looks interesting but I certainly hope it's only one of several options.
 

Eradicate

Member
Apr 20, 2011
1,273
0
0
antonz said:
For sure if its like Battlefield Play for Free its at least 1 GB
Oh really? I was wondering how large that was. I don't know anything about the total quality of that game, but that at least gives a good starting point for how large this download would be! Thanks!
 

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sep 12, 2010
37,302
0
0
29
Canada
Hmmm, the Assassin's Creed guy confirmed the Wii U had a large memory capacity.

I can't wait for the Wii U to release so the techno-guys can tear it up and tell us the specs.