• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Developer conference for Wii U. First look at Wii U games in development.

Jangocube

Banned
Ugh, annoying ass actors. Especially the girl in the Ghost Recon one.

Just show gameplay please, don't need lame acting.

Jangocube

Banned
The Killer Freaks game looks pretty good graphically, but I really hope they get rid of the way it controls or they refine the crap out of it.

The Killer something controls do look like 3DS Face Raiders, iPad2/iPhone2, and Vita stuff. That's neat. Face raiders is the best part of the 3DS.

The enemy director mode is basically like Natural Selection. Neat.

Jangocube said:
The Killer Freaks game looks pretty good graphically, but I really hope they get rid of the way it controls or they refine the crap out of it.

It has normal Dual Analog controls as well.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Can I really not fast-forward through this?

Mik2121

J-Rock said:
Oooo-B-I-soft
That's how it's pronounced here in Japan. Even on the UBISoft site it's spelled that way (ユービーアイソフト).

Exuro

GRO looks pretty solid although rough. They've only had a few months to work with right?

Bah video gets stuck buffering. Will have to wait for a youtube mirror. Didn't get to see KF :(

Orayn

Door2Dawn said:
In b4 games look terrible
Can you try to do something other than just raining on peoples' parades in Wii-U threads? Seriously, it's not accomplishing anything.

Looking forward to see how Ubi's stuff is progressing. I wonder how long they've actually had devkits to work with? THQ just got theirs last month, apparently.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
FYI, Ubi put the Killer Freaks trailer on the big screen at their booth today. They hadn't prior. It was so random haha, but now it's officially on the show floor and out in the public/available for votes for surprise of the show (I suppose)

Eradicate

Exuro said:
GRO looks pretty solid although rough. They've only had a few months to work with right?

Yeah, I think the beta didn't start until recently, and the game wasn't announced until...May of this year I think?

It does look pretty darn good so far though, especially for a downloadable game. I wonder how big the download will be for Wii U? Definitely larger than anything on Nintendo's online shop right now, for sure.

antonz

Eradicate said:
Yeah, I think the beta didn't start until recently, and the game wasn't announced until...May of this year I think?

It does look pretty darn good so far though, especially for a downloadable game. I wonder how big the download will be for Wii U? Definitely larger than anything on Nintendo's online shop right now, for sure.
For sure if its like Battlefield Play for Free its at least 1 GB

Mik2121

snesfreak said:
U B I soft, I love Iwata.
Again...

That's how it's pronounced here in Japan. Even on the UBISoft site it's spelled that way (ユービーアイソフト).

KrawlMan

Orayn said:
Can you try to do something other than just raining on peoples' parades in Wii-U threads? Seriously, it's not accomplishing anything.

Looking forward to see how Ubi's stuff is progressing. I wonder how long they've actually had devkits to work with? THQ just got theirs last month, apparently.

It's true though, the demos do look pretty terrible. I'm coming to terms with the fact that this event was primarily just showing off new ways to control games, not show off the system's power. Killer Freaks did not look impressive visually at all (somewhere above Wii but below 360/PS3), and I understand completely that it's release is a long ways off and the visuals are all far from final.

Gameplay wise, the method they were using to control Killer Freaks looks interesting but I certainly hope it's only one of several options.

Eradicate

antonz said:
For sure if its like Battlefield Play for Free its at least 1 GB

Oh really? I was wondering how large that was. I don't know anything about the total quality of that game, but that at least gives a good starting point for how large this download would be! Thanks!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hmmm, the Assassin's Creed guy confirmed the Wii U had a large memory capacity.

I can't wait for the Wii U to release so the techno-guys can tear it up and tell us the specs.

Top Bottom